Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-04-2022, 04:22 PM   #1321
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Right. Let's go. Any rolls for the commute?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 09:55 AM   #1322
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Alright, Pacifica's won't kill the guys. She's just going to cut the oxygen until they all pass out (for about 3 minutes. Anyway, we will see them pass out). She shares the plan with her comrades Hua and Day. Assuming the team agrees, Pacifica tells Thorpojor friendly reinforcements might arrive in 4 minutes and also gives him the update:

We are going to do the same thing, but we won't kill them and they will remain restrained. Let's make sure they pass-out (3 minutes without air or so, look at them). Have a couple of good watchers stealthily guard the aisles, so we get a heads up in case the captain decides to come. Now we are going to tell him we found these people in the verge of death, and that help is coming (we are still using the dead bodies), we will be in standby so we play our sketch for the captain. Also, the man that replied to the captain, have him change clothes with one of the guys that were watching the entrance, just in case.
Ok, so Pacifica is going to wait at deck 9 for the air to flush out of the control center and for reinforcements, yes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Okay, based on those numbers I say we storm the deck and I'll convert those that have not already been converted. We'll need to gather enough of our security forces to do so, but if we use the three with me, and a good chunk of those assigned to Hua and Pacifica, I think this is doable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Right. Let's go. Any rolls for the commute?
I just need the specifics of the path through the ship. Are you using hatches or elevators? will you be ascending before you cross the ship, after, or at some specified point inbetween? How many security will Hua be leaving behind? is there anywhere on the ship you will be avoiding? And will you be moving without FP loss, taking four minutes?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #1323
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I just need the specifics of the path through the ship. Are you using hatches or elevators? will you be ascending before you cross the ship, after, or at some specified point inbetween? How many security will Hua be leaving behind? is there anywhere on the ship you will be avoiding? And will you be moving without FP loss, taking four minutes?
We're targeting the officer quarters, yes? So then let's:
-> Leave two guards behind to occupy this command post
-> Take the prisoners, head to the elevators at 17H and go down to 6H
-> Dump these prisoners off with the ones at 6F and regroup with the guards left behind at 6F.
-> Then we head down through the hydrogen block compartments immediately to the bowside of the hyperdrive.
-> Once we reach 10F, we prepare to breach the officer's quarters.
Old 04-05-2022, 02:27 PM   #1324
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
-> Dump these prisoners off with the ones at 6F and regroup with the guards left behind at 6F.
-> Then we head down through the hydrogen block compartments immediately to the bowside of the hyperdrive.
Daymar might as well try to convert the prisoners during the elevator ride. Even if imperfect, it will make the guards' jobs easier. Mental Surgery for everyone!
Old 04-06-2022, 07:39 AM   #1325
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar might as well try to convert the prisoners during the elevator ride. Even if imperfect, it will make the guards' jobs easier. Mental Surgery for everyone!
I thought you already converted them.
Old 04-06-2022, 02:32 PM   #1326
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
I thought you already converted them.
Oh, could be. It all blurs together after a while.
Old 04-08-2022, 01:08 PM   #1327
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
That makes sense.

Daymar and Hua load their forces up into the elevators and ascend: who, if anyone, is being left behind? presumably at least Lieutenant Vibibu and his detail of six.

The air has drained away from the 9C command center. The troops look on nervously for the other to restore the air.

What will Pacifica's forces be doing? You won't be getting reinforcements, but a target has been declared at 10F. That's 150 yards away, or 2 and a half minutes. Are you joining that attack, holding your position, or moving somewhere else?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 02:19 PM   #1328
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar and Hua load their forces up into the elevators and ascend: who, if anyone, is being left behind? presumably at least Lieutenant Vibibu and his detail of six.
If I recall, it's like 2 guards for each life support station, an additional four to guard the crew at the bottom of the ship, and 2 in the aux command center. I think we can get away with leaving four, or even two in the 10F command center, assuming Daymar's programming is working for about half of the captured.
Old 04-09-2022, 12:48 AM   #1329
Hide

Quote:
Ok, so Pacifica is going to wait at deck 9 for the air to flush out of the control center and for reinforcements, yes?
AFAIK the team is going to brainwash section 9 before hitting section 10.

Pacifica is waiting for Day and Hua, she just told her forces to make watch in case the Captain decides to visit section 9. And she's standing in the aisle with her team, and the dead-bodies at hand, ready to simulate there was conflict in section 9.

Quote:
What will Pacifica's forces be doing? You won't be getting reinforcements, but a target has been declared at 10F.
Pacifica is not waiting for reinforcements; she's waiting for Day to Brainwash the people we arrested in deck 9.

TGLS does not explicitly states or mentions anything about section 9 in the recent OOC posts; however, AFAIK they have to get to section 9 before getting to section 10. On the other hand, Gnomes just said he was counting in our numbers and in converting more people.

Pacifica told Hua and Day she is waiting for them; taking Day's request into account she modified her original plans. Let me know if things will play differently so I change Pacifica's actions.
Old 04-11-2022, 10:36 AM   #1330
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
AFAIK the team is going to brainwash section 9 before hitting section 10.

Pacifica is waiting for Day and Hua, she just told her forces to make watch in case the Captain decides to visit section 9. And she's standing in the aisle with her team, and the dead-bodies at hand, ready to simulate there was conflict in section 9.

Pacifica is not waiting for reinforcements; she's waiting for Day to Brainwash the people we arrested in deck 9.

TGLS does not explicitly states or mentions anything about section 9 in the recent OOC posts; however, AFAIK they have to get to section 9 before getting to section 10. On the other hand, Gnomes just said he was counting in our numbers and in converting more people.

Pacifica told Hua and Day she is waiting for them; taking Day's request into account she modified her original plans. Let me know if things will play differently so I change Pacifica's actions.
Sounds fine to me. To deck 9!