Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 06-11-2022, 01:20 AM   #1451
Hide

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica greets Day and tells him about the prisoners; she recommends brainwashing the security officer in the first place. She also asks Day if he heard about the “self-destruction” call and asks him if he knows what would be required to achieve such a feat.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:05 AM   #1452
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Good. I'll try to stop Vinobi and then try to get him to go somewhere private where we can talk more openly. Then I'll brief him and ask him which sections are the most likely to be doing something dangerous because of the self destruct order (on the grounds he should have an understanding of the personalities of the officers who command the sections).

Hua pulls Vinobi off to the side, and Vinobi ducks into his office.

"At last you people are actually talking to us!"

"We've got what, 12 officers still out there running things? and... Jokuchi has lasers, Jivithi has motive, and Vibibu has life support, so we don't need to worry about them. Did you get Tutuna? She's in charge of security, and the most likely to try something. She would have been with the attack on the forward command center. Her or Zybo are the ones I'm most worried about."

"I'd have said Vibibu might try something, but he's on our side. Buthiji in missiles might try something... and Tizu in the rector core.... wow... and those ones are the best situated to actually blow up the ship. warheads and Reactors. That might have been intentional."

"so Tutuna and Zybo will probably go somewhere to try something if they're still alive, and then Buthiji and Tizu might act of their own accord with warheads or on the reactor."

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar says, "Well, let's see if I can change their mind about which side to end up on." How many prisoners are there?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica greets Day and tells him about the prisoners; she recommends brainwashing the security officer in the first place. She also asks Day if he heard about the “self-destruction” call and asks him if he knows what would be required to achieve such a feat.

There are 50 prisoners here. They are all in handcuffs secured to their consoles. They are the other half of the folks over on deck 6.

You mean the security officer that came with Vinobi and survived the ambush?

I think Gnomes should answer to specific questions addressed to Daymar.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 10:36 AM   #1453
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Daymar responds, "I heard the call, the people we need to worry about acting on it are maneuvering section, reactors, and missiles. How likely they are to act on it, I don't know, but we're on a bit of a clock to lock down the problematic sectors."

Daymar will then proceed with mental surgery on the 50 prisoners. He got one failure, but not a critical; saving Luck for critical failures. After making the first circuit he will check in with Pacifica on their time frame, with sufficient time he will make a second pass for insurance.

[1033] 22-06-13 18:33:11 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success
2: 5 + 6 + 3 = 14 ... success
3: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
4: 6 + 2 + 2 = 10 ... success
5: 1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
6: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
7: 6 + 6 + 5 = 17 ... failure
8: 2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
9: 5 + 5 + 4 = 14 ... success
10: 6 + 3 + 1 = 10 ... success
11: 3 + 3 + 1 = 7 ... success
12: 4 + 2 + 4 = 10 ... success
13: 6 + 3 + 1 = 10 ... success
14: 6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... success
15: 3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
16: 4 + 6 + 6 = 16 ... success
17: 5 + 5 + 5 = 15 ... success
18: 6 + 5 + 5 = 16 ... success
19: 4 + 2 + 6 = 12 ... success
20: 4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success
21: 5 + 3 + 2 = 10 ... success
22: 5 + 5 + 3 = 13 ... success
23: 4 + 5 + 2 = 11 ... success
24: 6 + 2 + 5 = 13 ... success
25: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success
26: 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
27: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
28: 1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success
29: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
30: 3 + 2 + 3 = 8 ... success
31: 1 + 1 + 6 = 8 ... success
32: 3 + 6 + 4 = 13 ... success
33: 1 + 1 + 2 = 4 ... success
34: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
35: 4 + 1 + 4 = 9 ... success
36: 3 + 4 + 4 = 11 ... success
37: 3 + 3 + 2 = 8 ... success
38: 4 + 4 + 4 = 12 ... success
39: 4 + 3 + 4 = 11 ... success
40: 1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
41: 5 + 5 + 1 = 11 ... success
42: 3 + 1 + 6 = 10 ... success
43: 4 + 6 + 3 = 13 ... success
44: 5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success
45: 2 + 1 + 6 = 9 ... success
46: 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... success
47: 5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
48: 2 + 1 + 5 = 8 ... success
49: 5 + 4 + 5 = 14 ... success
50: 2 + 5 + 3 = 10 ... success
Old 06-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #1454
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua pulls Vinobi off to the side, and Vinobi ducks into his office.

"At last you people are actually talking to us!"

"We've got what, 12 officers still out there running things? and... Jokuchi has lasers, Jivithi has motive, and Vibibu has life support, so we don't need to worry about them. Did you get Tutuna? She's in charge of security, and the most likely to try something. She would have been with the attack on the forward command center. Her or Zybo are the ones I'm most worried about."
"Hopefully Tutuna's dead and we don't have to worry about her."

"I wouldn't be too concerned about Zybo. We did a number on him and he's probably wandering around looking for Pacifica. But he's not one of ours either. Any idea where he is?"

Quote:
"I'd have said Vibibu might try something, but he's on our side. Buthiji in missiles might try something... and Tizu in the rector core.... wow... and those ones are the best situated to actually blow up the ship. warheads and Reactors. That might have been intentional."
"Good, good. Do you think you could talk the guards into opening a door out? The radio in the captain's office has been wrecked and rigged to explode. We'll need to get out of the crew quarters to deliver the information to our forces. I rather not have to fight off the remaining forces in the quarters first."
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 08:06 AM   #1455
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar will then proceed with mental surgery on the 50 prisoners. He got one failure, but not a critical; saving Luck for critical failures. After making the first circuit he will check in with Pacifica on their time frame, with sufficient time he will make a second pass for insurance.
He doesn't think that first pass caught everyone, but he didn't expect it to.

He checks in with Pacifica: its been about two minutes since he started.

Quote:
"I wouldn't be too concerned about Zybo. We did a number on him and he's probably wandering around looking for Pacifica. But he's not one of ours either. Any idea where he is?"
"He was with the forces getting ready to take back the forward control center. His location is unknown as Tutuna. They may even be together. Or both dead."

Quote:
"Good, good. Do you think you could talk the guards into opening a door out? The radio in the captain's office has been wrecked and rigged to explode. We'll need to get out of the crew quarters to deliver the information to our forces. I rather not have to fight off the remaining forces in the quarters first."
"At this point, I could probably talk the remaining guards in here into following me. Do you need the codes to the door?"

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 06-14-2022, 08:53 AM   #1456
TGLS

Quote:
"He was with the forces getting ready to take back the forward control center. His location is unknown as Tutuna. They may even be together. Or both dead."
"Well, the Loyalists took heavy casualties but it would be optimistic to believe they're both dead."
Quote:
"At this point, I could probably talk the remaining guards in here into following me. Do you need the codes to the door?"
"Yeah, give me the codes. If you can get them to just hunker down here, that fine by me. Now let's get the information to our forces!"

I also share the names of the guards with Vinobi. Maybe they retreated and he could eliminate the Loyalist guards.

Last edited by TGLS; 06-15-2022 at 11:25 AM.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2022, 10:28 AM   #1457
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
He doesn't think that first pass caught everyone, but he didn't expect it to.

He checks in with Pacifica: its been about two minutes since he started.
OC: Just waiting for Pacifica's response before moving forward with a second pass of the prisoners.
Old 06-17-2022, 09:57 AM   #1458
Hide

Quote:
OC: Just waiting for Pacifica's response before moving forward with a second pass of the prisoners.
OOC: I had the impression that it was enough with Erick's response until a second pass of brainwashing was carried out!

If we assumed it is about the same time reaching any of those sections, I would go for reactors, then missiles and the maneuvering. I think reactors make room for people to escape, that missiles risk a lot of lives, and that maneuvering will require additional time to have the ship crash onto something. On top of this, they still need to agree on what to do.

Pacifica also disguises (15) 8 herself like the officer she just took her uniform from.
Old 06-18-2022, 04:12 AM   #1459
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
OOC: I had the impression that it was enough with Erick's response until a second pass of brainwashing was carried out!

If we assumed it is about the same time reaching any of those sections, I would go for reactors, then missiles and the maneuvering. I think reactors make room for people to escape, that missiles risk a lot of lives, and that maneuvering will require additional time to have the ship crash onto something. On top of this, they still need to agree on what to do.

Pacifica also disguises (15) 8 herself like the officer she just took her uniform from.
OC: Daymar wanted to get a sense if she thought he had time for a second pass before proceeding.

"We probably need to send a force to take out each of those problem points, but first I'll do another pass here so that we can put these prisoners to work rather than having people guard them."
[1035] 22-06-18 12:10:02 CEST

Mental Surgery (second pass)

3d6 <= 16
1: 6 + 4 + 5 = 15 ... success
2: 6 + 6 + 4 = 16 ... success
3: 5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success
4: 2 + 4 + 4 = 10 ... success
5: 2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... success
6: 4 + 4 + 5 = 13 ... success
7: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
8: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success
9: 5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success
10: 3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... success
11: 1 + 5 + 6 = 12 ... success
12: 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... success
13: 6 + 3 + 5 = 14 ... success
14: 3 + 1 + 5 = 9 ... success
15: 1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
16: 4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... success
17: 4 + 1 + 2 = 7 ... success
18: 3 + 4 + 6 = 13 ... success
19: 5 + 2 + 5 = 12 ... success
20: 1 + 4 + 4 = 9 ... success
21: 5 + 1 + 5 = 11 ... success
22: 6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success
23: 1 + 3 + 2 = 6 ... success
24: 4 + 5 + 3 = 12 ... success
25: 4 + 3 + 5 = 12 ... success
26: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
27: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 ... success
28: 3 + 2 + 4 = 9 ... success
29: 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... success
30: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... success
31: 3 + 6 + 1 = 10 ... success
32: 1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... success
33: 6 + 6 + 6 = 18 ... failure
34: 1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
35: 6 + 5 + 6 = 17 ... failure
36: 4 + 5 + 4 = 13 ... success
37: 1 + 6 + 5 = 12 ... success
38: 2 + 5 + 4 = 11 ... success
39: 4 + 4 + 6 = 14 ... success
40: 1 + 5 + 1 = 7 ... success
41: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8 ... success
42: 1 + 4 + 3 = 8 ... success
43: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
44: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success
45: 5 + 5 + 2 = 12 ... success
46: 6 + 3 + 6 = 15 ... success
47: 6 + 3 + 4 = 13 ... success
48: 2 + 6 + 6 = 14 ... success
49: 3 + 6 + 3 = 12 ... success
50: 4 + 5 + 4 = 13 ... success
Old 06-20-2022, 08:45 AM   #1460
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Mental Surgery (second pass)
Daymar thinks he got everyone.

Quote:
That's Lt. Butieku. Without makeup and supplies, its hard to do too much, but fortunately, Pacifica and Lt. Butieku have similar hair length and color.

Quote:
"Well, the Loyalists took heavy casualties but it would be optimistic to believe they're both dead."

"Yeah, give me the codes. If you can get them to just hunker down here, that fine by me. Now let's get the information to our forces!"

I also share the names of the guards with Vinobi. Maybe they retreated and he could eliminate the Loyalist guards.

"Or captured. Might be worth checking. I'll take command of the officer's quarters and keep the troops here out of your way. Until someone higher ranking show up. In which case I might just let them use the captain's comm system. Do you have that code? Did you shut the door?"