Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2022, 10:01 AM   #1401
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't suppose I can whisper really quietly to them, someone might overhear. Could I improvise a light shock with confuse to signal to them to head somewhere private on a pretense?

You can improvise a light shock... I don't think that would mean anything to them though.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 02:34 PM   #1402
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You can improvise a light shock... I don't think that would mean anything to them though.
Fair enough. I'll try an IQ roll to retroactively have a pad of paper (maybe security has one, maybe we could have found/stopped for one on the way in to the officer section?), and then try to slip a note onto one of them (Chojo arbitrarily):
Quote:
[980] 22-05-10 21:31:51 CEST
IQ
3d6 <= 14
3 + 1 + 4 = 8 ... success
[981] 22-05-10 21:32:18 CEST
Filch
3d6 <= 14
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
The note should say something like: "There will be an attack on the officer section in X minutes. We have three people inside. Once we take the other security and officers out, the ship will be all but ours. For the glory of the fifth."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:05 PM   #1403
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

OOC: How much time are Hua and Day taking to arrive? Are they fine in terms of the distance Pacifica knows they have to walk? Is it reasonable, or are they taking longer than expected?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:23 AM   #1404
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: How much time are Hua and Day taking to arrive? Are they fine in terms of the distance Pacifica knows they have to walk? Is it reasonable, or are they taking longer than expected?
Pacifica still needs to deal with the consequences of winning her most recent combat.



In terms of time, the two groups both have control of command centers and both have received (or will receive shortly) information on the enemy. I would recommend talking to each other.



The time spent so far is not over what was predicted... yet.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Fair enough. I'll try an IQ roll to retroactively have a pad of paper (maybe security has one, maybe we could have found/stopped for one on the way in to the officer section?), and then try to slip a note onto one of them (Chojo arbitrarily):

The note should say something like: "There will be an attack on the officer section in X minutes. We have three people inside. Once we take the other security and officers out, the ship will be all but ours. For the glory of the fifth."
The Pad of Paper was picked up by Hua in a command center, because this sort of thing is useful.



Chojo almost immediately gets the paper, and a chance to read it. His eyes get wide, and he looks around for someone or something.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 12:43 PM   #1405
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
In terms of time, the two groups both have control of command centers and both have received (or will receive shortly) information on the enemy. I would recommend talking to each other.
Should we do that now or wait until after Pacifica resolves winning? Should we deal with possible communication before proceeding?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The Pad of Paper was picked up by Hua in a command center, because this sort of thing is useful.

Chojo almost immediately gets the paper, and a chance to read it. His eyes get wide, and he looks around for someone or something.
Hm. I suppose my three might have him think there's only three total, not three more. I'd rather not give him a second slip, and would prefer to go looking for someone important to assassinate once or moments before the attack begins.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 09:06 AM   #1406
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Should we do that now or wait until after Pacifica resolves winning? Should we deal with possible communication before proceeding?
After, though it should wrap up quick, and Hua probably won't be part of it, as she is in the midst of the enemy.



Quote:
Hm. I suppose my three might have him think there's only three total, not three more. I'd rather not give him a second slip, and would prefer to go looking for someone important to assassinate once or moments before the attack begins.
He doesn't seem to find what he's looking for.



Is Hua's plan to wait until just before the attack and then kill someone? who will be targeted? In what position will she be waiting?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2022, 11:29 AM   #1407
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Is Hua's plan to wait until just before the attack and then kill someone? who will be targeted? In what position will she be waiting?
Well, unless there's enough time to go kill somebody, and make my way back to this staging area before the shooting starts, I'll just go looking around this area for someone who looks important (i.e. a high-level officer, a sergeant in charge of one of the security teams, etc.) and hide in the corner before blowing him away half a minute before the assault.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:38 AM   #1408
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, unless there's enough time to go kill somebody, and make my way back to this staging area before the shooting starts, I'll just go looking around this area for someone who looks important (i.e. a high-level officer, a sergeant in charge of one of the security teams, etc.) and hide in the corner before blowing him away half a minute before the assault.
Hua finds a suitable target: the 2nd mate, who is in command of this force.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #1409
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua finds a suitable target: the 2nd mate, who is in command of this force.
Alright, let's throw some dice at it. Stealth to hide out until about a half minute before, Stealth again to get in a favourable position, and then to take the shot (Maximum Aiming [6 base +2 for 3 turns, not sure if bracing applies], Skull targetting [-7], assuming five yard range [-2])

Quote:
[982] 22-05-13 16:41:28 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1: 2 + 2 + 5 = 9 ... success
2: 1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
[983] 22-05-13 16:48:48 CEST
Beam Weapons at -1
3d6 <= 14
5 + 4 + 4 = 13 ... success
OK, now damage:
Quote:
[984] 22-05-13 16:50:22 CEST
Damage
3d6
4 + 2 + 4 = 10
I suppose he could have been wearing a helmet which would make targetting the skull foolish, but the die's been cast.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2022, 04:31 PM   #1410
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose he could have been wearing a helmet which would make targetting the skull foolish, but the die's been cast.
He has a helmet. If you want, can change that to a groin, neck, or arm shot if you want. We can even change it to face.

Shortly before the forces loyal to the Quinta republic (and therefore Jakorbi) reach the officer quarters, the enemy launches their own attack.

The Loyalists have 23 security personnel, 5 helping hands volunteers, and 25 officers... though two of those officers and two security personnel are secret moles, and they have a dreadstormer wandering freely among them. Officers and security have helmets and vests in addition to weapons. Officers mostly have about half laser pistols and half laser riffles, security and volunteers have laser riffles.

The dreadstormers have 31 security personnel (20 original security with each Hua and Daymar for 40 total, six left in life support, one injured, and two that are moles in the enemy forces. All of their forces have riffles, helmets, and body armor.

The dreadstormer's side is slightly better armed (more riffles, everyone in body armor), the loyalists have more forces at 37 vs 48, the dreadstormer forces have sneaker agents, the dreadstormes have better morale (fanaticism on most their troops) and the loyalists are probably better led*... until the mate in command is hit by a shot right as the attack is launched.

Mass Combat Stats

Converted security... 4 riffles, Good quality troops, good equipment (320 TS)
Loyal Security... 3 riffles, average quality troops, good equipment (180 TS)
Officers ... 3 riffles, Good quality, average equipment (180 TS)
helping hands ... inferior troop quality, poor equipment (10 TS)
Infiltrated agents... neutralize least 30 TS, and probably more, depending on when they strike...
So its 320 TS vs 330 TS.

And the second mate critically failed the battle plan with a 17... are you sure you still want to shoot him?*

Daymar, would you roll against Strategy for Sergent Pookivo against his skill of 12?

* I kid, past results are no indication of future performance.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.