Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-18-2022, 12:25 PM   #1351
TGLS

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua has neutralized four missile technicians. The "scouts" who were shooting on deck 6 are still up and moving... though they haven't shot again.
I imagine they're probably coming up to find out what the shots are about. They'll probably try to wake up the dazed technicians; I'll just stab the three of them in a vital spot, then I'll try an take a look at what the security people are doing.

Quote:
[919] 22-04-18 20:21:04 CEST
Damage
1d6 -1
1: 6 - 1 = 5
2: 1 - 1 = 0
3: 1 - 1 = 0

[918] 22-04-18 20:20:44 CEST
AOA Knife to Vitals (17-3)

3d6 <= 14
1: 6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success
2: 4 + 2 + 1 = 7 ... success
3: 6 + 1 + 4 = 11 ... success
I guess some are woken up by incompetent stabbing and one is in a bad spot. I guess I have to deal with that before I look at the guards.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:11 PM   #1352
Hide

Pacifica goes with the story she prepared with her group. Besides her teammates, no one knows Pacifica is there; she did not tell Vinobi she would be there, so she will assume Vinobi made an educated guess about her. Since Pacifica recognizes Vinobi’s voice, she whispers:

Vinobi is with us, be careful with the others, attack when I do.

Then Pacifica replies to Vinobi like this (her voice and her way of speaking being clearly Pacifica's):

Sir, this is “X” (name on her tag). I am glad you made it here! Deck 9 is safe, but these men got shot and they need urgent attention, help us please. The enemy implied reinforces were coming, stay alert.*.

She slowly approaches Vinobi and company, she lets her foes get close and enter reach C. She is carrying the body of the fallen officer with the help of another security crewman. Pacifica is ready to drop the body and take down the threats. She is being careful with her positioning, leaving enough room for defensive maneuvers and avoid getting team-shot.

*Friendlies should be in position to attack.
Old 04-19-2022, 09:01 AM   #1353
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"We need to flush them out, if I can get eyes on one or more, then I can probably 'persuade' them to stop. Can we flank them?"
"We can certainly flank them. What direction? up, down, port, or starboard?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I imagine they're probably coming up to find out what the shots are about. They'll probably try to wake up the dazed technicians; I'll just stab the three of them in a vital spot, then I'll try an take a look at what the security people are doing.
The first one goes down.

The second one takes the minimum 1 point of damage x3 for 3 points of damage. He breaks out of his stun ... somewhat. The situation is still very confusing and he's not immediately sure what to do.

Remind me where Hua got a knife from again.

Quote:
Pacifica goes with the story she prepared with her group. Besides her teammates, no one knows Pacifica is there; she did not tell Vinobi she would be there, so she will assume Vinobi made an educated guess about her.
He saw her face but missed her tag.

Quote:
Since Pacifica recognizes Vinobi’s voice, she whispers:

Vinobi is with us, be careful with the others, attack when I do.

Then Pacifica replies to Vinobi like this (her voice and her way of speaking being clearly Pacifica's):

Sir, this is “X” (name on her tag). I am glad you made it here! Deck 9 is safe, but these men got shot and they need urgent attention, help us please. The enemy implied reinforces were coming, stay alert.*.

She slowly approaches Vinobi and company, she lets her foes get close and enter reach C. She is carrying the body of the fallen officer with the help of another security crewman. Pacifica is ready to drop the body and take down the threats. She is being careful with her positioning, leaving enough room for defensive maneuvers and avoid getting team-shot.

*Friendlies should be in position to attack.
Lt. Butieku curses. "<explicative> They did attack! What happened to the comms? we've been trying to reach you. How many causalities? We need to establish contact with the officer quarters!"

Lt. Butieku is moving quickly and talking rapidly. She and the four soliders stride quickly towards Pacifica, holding their weapons, but not pointing them at her...

Roll tactics for positioning yourself out of friendly fire lines.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 11:31 AM   #1354
TGLS

Quote:
The first one goes down.

The second one takes the minimum 1 point of damage x3 for 3 points of damage. He breaks out of his stun ... somewhat. The situation is still very confusing and he's not immediately sure what to do.
Well, his daze but anyway. I'll keep stabbing the same area.

-- EDIT --
Quote:
[923] 22-04-19 21:15:38 CEST
Knife to Vitals (17-3)
3d6 <= 14
3 + 4 + 5 = 12 ... success
[924] 22-04-19 21:15:45 CEST
Damage
1d6 -1
4 - 1 = 3
Now he's going down I suppose. Then it's on to the next one, provided the first hadn't dodged or anything.
Quote:
Remind me where Hua got a knife from again.
No problem.
Quote:
Quote:
Well... Not sure what I'm going to do with two security guards. I'll want a working pistol and a knife if they have one, any working gun if they don't.
That's easy to scrounge up, as long as you ask before you leave the security area.

Last edited by TGLS; 04-19-2022 at 01:17 PM.
Old 04-19-2022, 02:26 PM   #1355
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
"We can certainly flank them. What direction? up, down, port, or starboard?"
"If we send a couple of guards to port AND starboard, we should hopefully be able to scare them out of cover."
Old 04-20-2022, 08:02 AM   #1356
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Well, his daze but anyway. I'll keep stabbing the same area.
The second blow is enough to drop him.

Quote:
No problem.
ok, so its a combat knife you got from security... and 1d6-1 damage is correct.

The other guy you stab acts much the same way... he's out of his daze, but still very much stunned from surprise.

Quote:
"If we send a couple of guards to port AND starboard, we should hopefully be able to scare them out of cover."
Four men move around through doors into C1 and C3. As they open the doors, a security member pops up through the lower fore hatch and fires at the people coming through C1. One of the men goes down.

Daymar's move.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-20-2022, 10:26 AM   #1357
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Four men move around through doors into C1 and C3. As they open the doors, a security member pops up through the lower fore hatch and fires at the people coming through C1. One of the men goes down.

Daymar's move.
Daymar attempts suggestion on the person who fired. (OOC: I'm not sure on the range penalty, my base skill of 17 absorbs -1).

[929] 22-04-20 18:25:29 CEST

Suggestion

3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 6 = 13 ... success
Old 04-20-2022, 10:51 AM   #1358
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Daymar attempts suggestion on the person who fired. (OOC: I'm not sure on the range penalty, my base skill of 17 absorbs -1).
What is the suggestion?

Old 04-20-2022, 10:59 AM   #1359
TGLS

Quote:
The other guy you stab acts much the same way... he's out of his daze, but still very much stunned from surprise.
I swear and stab him a second time.
Quote:
[930] 22-04-20 18:43:13 CEST
Knife to Vitals (17-3)
3d6 <= 14
6 + 3 + 4 = 13 ... success
[931] 22-04-20 18:43:38 CEST
Damage
1d6 -1
5 - 1 = 4
That should drop him. Now let's go look into that hatch they wanted to look into:
Quote:
[932] 22-04-20 18:59:32 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
4 + 3 + 3 = 10 ... success
Old 04-20-2022, 02:29 PM   #1360
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
What is the suggestion?
Daymar suggests that he lay down his weapon, and approach Daymar. If that goes ahead, he will also suggest that he tells them how many others are with him.