Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-18-2022, 05:43 AM   #421
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"How long do you think it would take for you to make the journey to the caves and consult with Maximus and check-in if I remain here? You can pass the gates freely with your claimed identity, but I cannot get across in this form, nor assume one to use, as it is immediately known by the opposition. I'm not fond of the idea of splitting up again, but at this point, it seems I'm little more than a liability."

It would take about eight hours to fly there, and then however long to infiltrate and talk, and then eight hours to fly back.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 04:38 PM   #422
the_matrix_walker

"I will make some arrangements for travel and retrieve a backup identity I had arranged for you before. Then we can head to the caves for additional intelligence and report in."

Vassarious will take some funds if Halycone has them available and make a shopping trip for make-up and materials for a disguise. They return to the hotel and will try to create a look distinctive from the basic features they are wearing and will take a photo.

Vassarious will take a chance and reach out to their underworld contact who has been leaving them messages, and explains they do not have much time for additional work, but that they need an additional identity with gate access corresponding with the attached photo, and that identity would serve as payment for the second job.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:16 PM   #423
TGLS

Quote:
"I will make some arrangements for travel and retrieve a backup identity I had arranged for you before. Then we can head to the caves for additional intelligence and report in."
"Both of us? Seems a bit unnecessary for me to come too. I think I could get more done on this side. Unless it's for 'Kunnifax', but then I think getting fake ID would be unnecessary."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2022, 05:47 PM   #424
the_matrix_walker

"Yes, both of us... If only one of us was going, I would think we would send you since you are the one who can travel and adapt your identity more easily. But I'd rather not split us up as we cannot be certain of secure communication. What is it you wish to accomplish here?

Kunnifax is far past their check-in by this time and his will be a dangerous identity to maintain."
Old 01-18-2022, 06:52 PM   #425
TGLS

Quote:
"What is it you wish to accomplish here?"
"I was planning to snatch and replace the priest. I would then be able to investigate who could have been in the tomb fifty, sixty years ago."

Quote:
"Kunnifax is far past their check-in by this time and his will be a dangerous identity to maintain."
"I suppose. I don't think that they would question Kunnifax though. I think the Emperor would have figured out something's up after I didn't check in immediately after getting in phone distance. Surely he would have had the armies do something."
Old 01-19-2022, 08:41 AM   #426
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I was planning to snatch and replace the priest. I would then be able to investigate who could have been in the tomb fifty, sixty years ago."
"To what end? The priesthood became corrupted and made these changes and it seems clear there are a number of people involved, who are likely mostly dead by now if it were 60 years ago. If they yet live, I'm sure Maximus' investigation into the matter will reveal any remaining perpetrators."

Quote:
"I suppose. I don't think that they would question Kunnifax though. I think the Emperor would have figured out something's up after I didn't check in immediately after getting in phone distance. Surely he would have had the armies do something."
"Perhaps he has sent instructions to watch or track him if he appears. There is no way to know if they were instructed to report on Maximus' servant's movements without alerting them."

"I'm concerned that if we split up and you take this priest before we are ready to infiltrate and there is a delay in my return, it could complicate matters.

But considering our alternatives...

You're right. I will go and report in and see what else Maximus and Kunnifax might be able to tell us. Should I meet you back here, or use a rendevous point?"

If there are no other points of discussion, Vassarious will travel some distance away from the hotel and become as fast and stealthy an air elemental as they can muster to try and get to the caves undetected.

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-19-2022 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-19-2022, 09:30 PM   #427
TGLS

Quote:
"To what end? The priesthood became corrupted and made these changes and it seems clear there are a number of people involved, who are likely mostly dead by now if it were 60 years ago. If they yet live, I'm sure Maximus' investigation into the matter will reveal any remaining perpetrators."
"Well they have an entire cadre of people who are immortal and more advanced technology than what you're used to. Perhaps they're medical technology can rejuvenate people, or at least rich people."
Quote:
"I'm concerned that if we split up and you take this priest before we are ready to infiltrate and there is a delay in my return, it could complicate matters.

But considering our alternatives...

You're right. I will go and report in and see what else Maximus and Kunnifax might be able to tell us. Should I meet you back here, or use a rendevous point?"
"I think we should establish a rendezvous point. You comfortable using that park again? There was a deli nearby I'd like to try. In the afternoon, after the priest finishes work."
"Would you mind if I let the hotel room lapse? Seems a little like a waste if I end up staying in the priest's house."

If there's nothing else to discuss, I'll go out to prepare to replace the priest. I'll go out to get arm and foot bonds, as well as a gag. I'll also head to a laundromat to launder the uniform I stole.
Old 01-20-2022, 05:45 AM   #428
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Vassarious will take some funds if Halycone has them available and make a shopping trip for make-up and materials for a disguise. They return to the hotel and will try to create a look distinctive from the basic features they are wearing and will take a photo.
roll tradecraft! as disguise please!

Quote:
Vassarious will take a chance and reach out to their underworld contact who has been leaving them messages, and explains they do not have much time for additional work, but that they need an additional identity with gate access corresponding with the attached photo, and that identity would serve as payment for the second job.
"You're not going to tell? its worth a try. As I said, I have paying customers who want your services."

"Sure, I can get you a second identity. It looks simpler than the first one."

Quote:
If there are no other points of discussion, Vassarious will travel some distance away from the hotel and become as fast and stealthy an air elemental as they can muster to try and get to the caves undetected.
Its going to be a long trip, but the winds are somewhat favorable.

Quote:
If there's nothing else to discuss, I'll go out to prepare to replace the priest. I'll go out to get arm and foot bonds, as well as a gag. I'll also head to a laundromat to launder the uniform I stole.

These tasks are done.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2022, 06:56 AM   #429
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
These tasks are done.
Right. Next I'll take a nap (can't imagine I got much rest hiding in bushes and a shrub. After that, I'll put the uniform in a paper bag along with the bindings.

Then I'll aim to get to the park & ride where the priest parked yesterday near the end of the day but early enough to make a return trip. I'll find the priest's car again, find somewhere to discreetly change (a bathroom could do), and then disguise myself as the priest drive back to his house in his car.
Quote:
[283] 22-01-20 13:34:20 GMT
Disguise
3d6 <= 16
4 + 5 + 6 = 15 ... success
Hm. Only by four. Once I get back to his house, I'll stick the bindings in a closet in a guest room. I'll be keeping the paper bag. Then I'll head back to the park and ride. There, I will find somewhere to change again, this time into nothing, toss the uniform and my old clothes into the paper bag and then into the trash, and then hide myself in the trunk. Stealth to not be seen while I do all this:
Quote:
[284] 22-01-20 13:47:03 GMT
Stealth (+3 from Chameleon)
3d6 <= 16
4 + 4 + 5 = 13 ... success
[285] 22-01-20 13:47:37 GMT
Escape
3d6 <= 16
1 + 5 + 5 = 11 ... success
By five and five. Then I guess I'll wait until he drives the car back home.
Old 01-20-2022, 08:15 AM   #430
the_matrix_walker

So let's assume we have the park and the deli and another meet-up point outside of the city, and a schedule to meet at the next location if they do not make the first time window, etc, etc.

Spoiler:  

Vassarious heads a few miles out away from the Hotel before taking his air elemental form and heads over to stow away on a flight to the portal. If possible, he will stealth along all the way tothe caves.