Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-28-2005, 09:34 AM   #21
PK

Default Re: Supers Character Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth
Is this the Nature mod -20%?
Mais oui!

Quote:
Allies are Social 0%?
Ah, you are correct. I'll add that in to my local copy.

Quote:
If the -20% Animal Control is environmental (requires the animals) instead of mundane countermeasures (Nature), it seems like there could be some overlap.
No, his Animal Control uses the Nature power modifier, as shown at the top.

Quote:
You're altering it so that it's your Will vs their IQ (instead of the other way around)?

Did you just price the first part as "Based on X"? I'm open to this on a case by case basis, but Will for IQ just seems like a way to save points. Will is essentially unlimited and only 5/lvl as opposed to IQ at 20/lvl (or IQ! at 10/lvl). Sure, talent adds for 5/lvl but that's capped at 4 levels. The upshot is that +20% - 10 points in this example - you're paying a fraction for each +1 in the contest.
I priced both of those as Based on X. Powers allows you to use Based on X to shift the attribute that you roll against as well as the attribute that your opponent rolls against. (Though you have to pay twice, as I did.) Yes, it's most often used to save points, though in this case it was more themetic than anything -- I see him as dominating the animals through sheer force of Will.

(Anyways, in my games, as you know, Will is a separate attribute based on 10, not IQ. So it's even less of a point crock.)

Quote:
Admittly in this example is doesn't make a difference, but I tend to think in terms of what I would allow any player to take.
Of course. But yeah, you'd pretty much have to allow a player to take that unless you wanted to house-rule it away, because it's very explicitly canon.

Quote:
When do these temp disadvantages take effect? When he's in our world instead of the faerie realm?
When he's in the faerie realm. In other words, he can enter their realm, but if/when he does, he has broken the rule of exile, and is considered a wanted man. Every Sidhe will recoil from him and be extremely unlikely to offer him aid, and the court and their folk will actively pursue him once they know he's there.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 09:47 AM   #22
PK

Quote:
This is a semi-serious character that I'm in the process of fleshing out (so to speak) using Powers. He's intended to start as a teen street thug / gang member.

Origami
ST 10 DX 11 [20] IQ 10 [0] HT 11 [20] Speed 5.5

Advantages
*Cutting Attack 3d (Armor Divisor/10 +200%, Melee/C -30%, No parry -5%) [56]
*Immunity to Metabolic Hazards [30]
*IT:Homogenous [40]
*Modular Abilities 30 (Physical Only +50%, Trait - Only Body Parts/Advantages -20%, Costs 1/Fatigue per 5 points -15%, Requires DX roll -10%, Take 8 secons -30%) [150] [Powers example]
*Shadow Form (3-D Movement, Finite Thickness) [35]

*Fragile (Combustible) [-5]

Total: 357

Notes
This guy is essentially a body of paper / monowire. He's thin, fairly resistant, able to "fold himself" into shapes for advantages (such as paper airplaine gliding). His primary attack is using his arm to inflict a nasty monowire-style papercut.

He's underdeveloped. I imagine that during the course of use his control, attributes, resistances, and more secondary abilities would develop.
Definitely a unique concept! Good example of a "low level, street" super in an anything-goes game.

One nit: His Modular Ability (assuming it's Cosmic Pool) should cost 225 points, not 150, as written. I'd probably just figure out what an origami guy could do, and write 'em up as switchable body parts, all Alternative Abilities, to save some points. I can't imagine him ever needing more than a few different strikers, some legs, and an extra arm or two.

Old 12-28-2005, 11:36 AM   #23
GnomesofZurich

With regards to Origami, the Modular Ability is missing the All-Out limitation (-25%) from Powers; that should bring it back down to 150. Whether you'd be better off using Alternate Abilities to model it is another question.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:54 PM   #24
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev_Pee_Kitty
Definitely a unique concept! Good example of a "low level, street" super in an anything-goes game.

One nit: His Modular Ability (assuming it's Cosmic Pool) should cost 225 points, not 150, as written. I'd probably just figure out what an origami guy could do, and write 'em up as switchable body parts, all Alternative Abilities, to save some points. I can't imagine him ever needing more than a few different strikers, some legs, and an extra arm or two.
Yes, I forgot to add All-Out (it's in my notes though).

I don't know that I need modular abilities, I just wanted to make sure he had whatever he needed (also I was trying to find a character that demo'ed that particular ability). So far I've considered:
* Folding into a box (payload? engulfing attack?)
* Crane (winged flight?)
* Spider (extra legs? clinging?)
* Bee (flight & stinger?)
* Various other insects/animals for strikers, claws, prehensile tail

I'm open to other ideas.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 02:41 PM   #25
naloth

The Touch
ST 10 DX 11 [20] IQ 11 [20] HT 13 [40]
Speed 6

Appearance (Attractive) [4]
Hard to Kill 2 [4]
Patron (Rich & Famous base:25, 9-) [15]
Smooth Operator 3 [45]
Status 3 (1 from Weath) [10]
Wealth (Very) [20]

Altered Body Chemistry (-10% Super)
*Afflication - Sweats Toxins 7 (Delay when ingested +50%, Low Signature -8 to detect use +20%, Selectivity +10%, Variable +5%, Contact Agent -30%, Costs 1 Fatigue per use -5%, Onset 1 min -10%, Melee w/o Parry -35%, Nuisance - Leaves distinctive chemical trace -5%, Super -10% plus one of the following:
-Drunk +20% w/2ndary Sleep +30%
-Ecstasy +100%
-Hallucination +50%
) [203]
*Metabolism Control 9 (Costs 2 Fatigue/Min -10%, Super -10%) [36]
*Recovery (Super -10%) [9]
*Regeneration (Regular, Super -10%) [22.5]
*Resistant to Metabolic Hazards (+8 HT rolls, Super -10%) [13.5]

Disadvantages
Callous [-5]
Code of Honor (Professional: Protect/Take care of your client; Honor your contracts) [-5]
Greed (12) [-15]
Pacifism (Reluctant Killer) [-5]
Secret (Drug Dealer) [-20]

Drinks/Does Drugs even though the don't have much of an effect [-1]
Loves Horse [-1]

Skills (includes appearance/talent bonus)
Acting-14 [2], Administration-10 [1], Animal Handling (Horse)-10 [1], Computer Op-11 [1], Diplomacy-12 [1], Fast-Talk-14 [2], Riding (Horse)-10 [1], Savoir-Faire (High Society)-14 [1], Sex Appeal-16 [1], Sleight of Hand-11 [4]

Grand Total: 425

The Touch alternates between being a drug pusher (self-produced) to the rich and famous and discrediting public figures (usually for those who buy his drugs).

His primary power is to secrete powerful toxins through his sweat glands at will. This can either be administered by direct skin contact or suspended in any type of liquid solution. There's almost no taste or coloring. It's a perception check at -8 to notice anything unusual. Once infected (HT-6 to avoid), the victum manifests symptoms within a minute for a duration equal to the margin of failure in minutes. There are no residual side-effects other than a distinctive chemical trace which will fail any drug screening taken within the next few weeks.

The Touch is a wealthy figure himself. He has many friends (often those that are addicted to his specialized toxins) that support his lifestyle. If necessary, he can call on his friends for access and protection.

His prefered tactic is to casually infect others in a social engagement and then watch the effects. He can casually shake their hand or slip a finger in their drink while fetching a refill while pouring on the charm. If confronted, he'll "drop dead" at the first opportunity. He might try faking a heart attack. If injured he'll bleed profusely and fake a coma.

He also enjoys showing off that he can drink anyone under the table. It's one of the few ways he'll deliberately attract attention. Otherwise, he prefers to be known but not to stand out.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:45 PM   #26
naloth

Quote:
When he's in the faerie realm. In other words, he can enter their realm, but if/when he does, he has broken the rule of exile, and is considered a wanted man. Every Sidhe will recoil from him and be extremely unlikely to offer him aid, and the court and their folk will actively pursue him once they know he's there.
I would require him to buy these as normal disadvantages with an Acc limitation instead. Here's why:

1) Since Jumper is a 100 point advantage you're getting the same amount of points you would for just taking the disadvantage all the time, but without them affecting him all the time.

2) It's unlikely that you can use limitation against him or that they will come into play. I use NPC enemies as potential allies for the PCs, since it's really anti-climatic to have someone else incapacitate/capture the bad guy during an adventure.

3) It doesn't really occur during use of the advantage. I'ld treat enemy on jumper/warp as a roll every time you make a jump. This is good for characters that let demons through, irritate guardian, or that are confused with invaders. Enemies that can only hunt you in one dimension seem awfully easy to avoid.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #27
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2

I decided to create a classic Crime-Fighting Duo of original Heroes ... RAT-MAN AND BUNNY!

Mortimer Dipthong was a career supermarket boxboy recently promoted to fetching the carts from the parking lot when he was kidnapped by the crazed dentist known as the Mad Tartar. Used in an eeevil experiment to graft rodent DNA onto humans (to allow teeth to grow forever) Mortimer was transformed into the Repulsive Rat-Man! Driving the Mad Tartar out of his underground hideout, Rat-Man uses his powers and the looted equipment in a fight against eeeevil!

Soon after his career began, Mortimer discovered that he had an illegitimate son, whom he made his sidekick as Rat-Boy. Traumatized by the lifestyle and hideous appearance of his biological father, Rat-Boy soon left and disappeared.

Some years later, the Mad Tartar kidnapped file clerk Jane Plaine, attracting the notice of Rat-Man. Rat-Man managed to defeat the Mad Tartar, but not before Jane Plaine was changed with rabbit DNA, becoming the Buxom Bunny. Unable to regain her old life (and disgusted with the offers of a new life made by various furry fetishists), she became Rat-Man's sidekick.

Not long after Bunny teamed up with Rat-Man, Rat-Boy reappeared. But now he was a super-villain calling himself the Rat-Bastard. He attempted to destroy the city with a Brain-Ray, but was defeated by Rat-Man and Bunny. He escaped, but periodically re-appears with a new diabolical plot and/or super-weapon.

At this point, Rat-Man has been a full-time super-hero with no personal life for about a decade, which in my mind justifies his skill-set. Before that, he worked in a grocery store, lived in a cheap apartment, and spent all his free time online. Bunny, on the other hand, is still a newbie at the sidekick game. She does hate Rat-Bastard for turning her into what she sees as a dehumanized sex object. He also programmed her to be his slave, which is counteracted by a readily-available medication.

The templates for Rat-Man and Bunny's changes is provided. These processes may be duplicated; the Rat Transformation was developed a full decade before the Rabbit Transformation, which is why it has more Disadvantages.

I didn't provide stats for the Evil Rat-Bastard, but I envision some like Lord Milligan (see GURPS Casey & Andy).

=================
RAT-MAN
Mortimer Dipthong
500 points

ATTRIBUTES [140 points]
ST 11 [10 points]; DX 12 [40 points]; IQ 12 [60 points]; HT 16 [30 points]
HP 11; Will 12; Per 11; FP 16
BL 12; Basic Speed 7; Move 7; Running Move 14

ADVANTAGES [249 points]
Ally: Bunny, 12 or less [6 points]
Gizmo 5 [25 points]
Hard to Kill 1 [5 points]
Humanoid Rat [133 Points]
Reputation +2 (Champion of Justice & defeater of villians, most people, 7 or less) [4 points]
*Signature Gear: The Super-Sewer (Secret HQ with crime-fighting gear and technology; includes Ratmobile, Ratboat, and Ratscooter, slightly over $1 million) [71 points]
Single-Minded [5 points]

DISADVANTAGES [-80 points]
Callous [-5 points]
Clueless [-10 points]
Code of Honor: Super-Hero [-15 points]
Delusion: "I am a Master of Disguise" [-15 points]
Enemy: Rat-Bastard (150%; Hunter, 6 or less) [-10 points]
On The Edge [-15 points]
Reputation -3 (Plaguey smelly creep, most people, 10 or less) [-5 points]
Stubborn [-5 points]

SKILLS [194 points]
Area Knowledge: City - 13 [4 points]
Area Knowledge: City Sewers - 14 [4 points]
Boating/TL 7 Motorboat - 12 [2 points]
Bolas - 16 [16 points]
Boxing - 14 [8 points]
Climbing - 15 [12 points]
Computer Operation/TL 8 - 14 [4 points]
Criminology - 15 [12 points]
Current Affairs/TL 8 Headline News - 13 [2 points]
Driving/TL 7 Ratmobile - 13 [4 points]
Driving/TL 7 Ratscooter - 14 [8 points]
Electrician/TL 7 - 13 [4 points]
Escape - 17 [2 points]
Fast-Draw/Gizmo - 14 [16 points]
First Aid/TL 7 - 14 [4 points]
Forced Entry - 14 [4 points]
Games/Chess - 15 [8 points]
Gesture - 13 [2 points]
Guns/TL 7 Pistol - 12 [1 point]
Hazardous Materials/TL 7 - 14 [8 points]
Housekeeping - 12 [1 point]
Innate Attack/Breath - 15 [8 points]
Intelligence Analysis/TL 7 - 13 [8 points]
Interrogation - 13 [4 points]
Intimidation - 15 [2 points]
Knife - 14 [4 points]
Knot-Tying - 13 [12 points]
Observation - 13 [4 points]
Running - 16 [2 points]
Stealth - 13 [4 points]
Streetwise - 13 [4 points]
Thrown Knife - 12 [2 points]
Urban Survival - 13 [4 points]
Weird Science - 10 [2 points]
Wrestling - 14 [8 points]

PERKS/QUIRKS [-4 points]
Alcohol Tolerance [1 point]
Talks like a comic-booky hero ("I will thwart your nefarious deed, evildoer!") [-1 point]
Hates pizza and cheese [-1 point]
Incompetence at Singing [-1 point]
Trademark: Small cardboard disc with an 'R' on it, left at arrest scenes [-1 point]
=====================
BUNNY
Jane Plaine
330 points

ATTRIBUTES [120 points]
ST 10 [0 points]; DX 14 [20 points]; IQ 13 [80 points]; HT 14 [20 points]
HP 10; Will 13; Per 13; FP 14
BL 20 (80 with legs); Basic Speed 7; Move 7; Running Move 14

ADVANTAGES [251 points]
Ally: Rat-Man, 12 or less [20 points]
Appearance: Very Beautiful [16 points]
Common Sense [10 points]
Gizmo 5 [25 points]
Eidetic Memory [5 points]
Humanoid Bunny [171 points]
Reputation +2 (Champion of Justice & defeater of villians, most people, 7 or less) [4 points]

DISADVANTAGES [-81 points]
Code of Honor: Super-Hero [-15 points]
Enemy: Rat-Bastard (150%; Hunter, 6 or less) [-10 points]
Post-Combat Shakes (12 or less) [-10 points]
Slave Mentality (Mitigator: Medicine taken weekly -65%) [-26 points]
Stubborn [-5 points]
Vow: Castrate Rat-Bastard [-15 points]

SKILLS [43 points]
Administration - 13 [2 points]
Area Knowledge: City - 12 [1 point]
Bicycling - 14 [1 point]
Bolas - 13 [1 point]
Brawling - 14 [1 point]
Computer Operation/TL 8 - 12 [1 point]
Cooking - 13 [1 point]
Criminology - 12 [1 point]
Current Affairs/TL 8 Headline News - 13 [1 point]
Driving/TL 7 Ratmobile - 15 [4 points]
Driving/TL 7 Ratscooter - 13 [1 point]
Escape - 15 [1 point]
Expert Skill: Clerical - 13 [4 points]
Fast-Draw/Gizmo - 14 [1 point]
First Aid/TL 7 - 13 [1 point]
Forced Entry - 14 [1 point]
Games/Chess - 14 [2 points]
Gesture - 13 [1 point]
Housekeeping - 13 [1 point]
Innate Attack/Breath - 14 [1 point]
Intelligence Analysis/TL 7 - 11 [1 point]
Knife - 14 [1 point]
Knot-Tying - 14 [1 point]
Observation - 12 [1 point]
Running - 13 [1 point]
Speed Reading - 14 [4 points]
Stealth - 13 [1 point]
Streetwise - 12 [1 point]
Thrown Knife - 14 [1 point]
Typing - 14 [1 point]
Urban Survival - 12 [1 point]
Wrestling - 13 [1 point]

PERKS/QUIRKS
Loves cats; heartbroken that she now scares them [-1 point]
Collects tarot decks; never uses them [-1 point]
Distrusts male motives, now that she is attractive [-1 point]
===================

===================
Humanoid Rat Template: 133 points

Attribute Modifiers: IQ -1 [-20 points]; HT +3 [30 points]

ADVANTAGES
Blunt Claws [3 points]
Clinging [20 points]
Damage Resistance 3 (Tough Skin -40%) [9 points]
Discriminatory Smell (Emotion Sense +50%; Profiling +50%) [30 points]
"Diseased Bite" (see below) [78 points]
Double-Jointed [15 points]
Enhanced Move: Running 1 (Temporary Disadvantage: No Manipulators -50%) [10 points]
Fur [1 point]
"Gnawing" (see below) [8 points]
Infravision [10 points]
Nictating Membrane 2 [2 points]
Night Vision 9 [9 points]
Peripheral Vision [15 points]
Reduced Consumption 2 (Cast Iron Stomach -50%) [2 points]
Resistant to Disease [15 points]
Teeth (Sharp) [1 point]

DISADVANTAGES
Appearance: Monstrous [-20 points];
Bad Sight: Nearsighted [-25 points]
Bad Smell [-10 points]
Chummy [-5 points]
Colorblindness [-10 points]
Disturbing Voice [-10 points]
Frightens Animals [-10 points]
Ham-Fisted 1 [-5 points]
Odious Personal Habit: Nibbling hard things [-5 points]
Semi-Upright [-5 points]

"Diseased Bite"
*Affliction 2 [Base 20 points] (HT-1; Cyclic: 1 hour, 24 cycles, Mildly Contagious, Resistable +300% Nauseated +30% Blood Agent -40%) [Total 78 points]

"Gnawing"
*Innate Attack/ 1d Cutting [Base 7 points] (Armor Divisor 2 +50%; RoF 3 +50%; No Knockback -10%; Melee Attack: Contact, Cannot Parry -35%; Nuisance Effect: Disgusting noises and slobbering -5%; Takes Extra Time 4 -40%) [Total 8 points]

=====================

===================
Humanoid Bunny Template: 171 points

Attribute Modifiers: DX +2 [40 points]; IQ -1 [-20 points]; HT +2 [20 points]

ADVANTAGES:
Acute Vision 2 [4 points]
Damage Resistance 2 (Tough Skin -40%) [6 points]
Discriminatory Hearing (Profiling +50%) [23 points]
Double-Jointed [15 points]
Enhanced Dodge [15 points]
Enhanced Move: Running 1 [20 points];
Fur [1 point]
"Gnawing" (see below) [8 points]
Leg ST +10 (based on Arm ST, 2 legs, No Fine Manipulators -40%) [30 points]
Night Vision 5 [5 points]
Parabolic Hearing 3 [12 points]
Resistant to Disease [15 points]
Subsonic Hearing [5 points]
Super Jump 2 [20 points]
Teeth (Sharp) [1 point]
Ultrahearing [5 points]

DISADVANTAGES
Chummy [-5 points]
Colorblindness [-10 points]
Frightens Animals [-10 points]
Inhuman Features: Ears, fur, tail, legs [-4 points]
Odious Personal Habit: Nibbling hard things [-5 points]
Restricted Diet: Vegetarian [-10 points]
Social Stigma: Bimbo [-10 points]

"Gnawing"
*Innate Attack/ 1d Cutting [Base 7 points] (Armor Divisor 2 +50%; RoF 3 +50%; No Knockback -10%; Melee Attack: Contact, Cannot Parry -35%; Nuisance Effect: Disgusting noises and slobbering -5%; Takes Extra Time 4 -40%) [Total 8 points]

==========================================
Mysterious Dark Lord v3.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 08:10 PM   #28
PK

Quote:
I would require him to buy these as normal disadvantages with an Acc limitation instead. Here's why:

1) Since Jumper is a 100 point advantage you're getting the same amount of points you would for just taking the disadvantage all the time, but without them affecting him all the time.
No. When you take a Temporary Disadvantage on an expensive advantage you have to reduce their value (as a percentage) so you get 80% of their value, max. (See p. B115 for details.) It would be against the rules for me to let him get the same amount of points as if he just took the disadvantage, and for good reason!

Quote:
2) It's unlikely that you can use limitation against him or that they will come into play. I use NPC enemies as potential allies for the PCs, since it's really anti-climatic to have someone else incapacitate/capture the bad guy during an adventure.
Well, yeah, exactly. That's why I built this in -- I plan on them having a reason to come to him to have to enter the Otherworld. They'll need to either be amazingly convincing or get some leverage to force him to use his ability, since it's so dangerous for him to break his exile.

Basically, this is a 20-point advantage that he will never, ever use. It exists solely for the PCs to blackmail him into using, which will more than likely come at a horrible price for him. I guess I could reverse it and make it a disadvantage, since it'll never be useful for him, but I'd rather stick to the rules. :)

Quote:
3) It doesn't really occur during use of the advantage. I'ld treat enemy on jumper/warp as a roll every time you make a jump. This is good for characters that let demons through, irritate guardian, or that are confused with invaders.
I don't understand this reasoning. Every time he makes a jump, he's hunted and stigmatized for as long as he stays there -- when the jump ends (he comes back to Earth), it ends. That's the precise definition of Temporary Disadvantage -- while the advantage is in use, you're disadvantaged.

Quote:
Enemies that can only hunt you in one dimension seem awfully easy to avoid.
That's why, by definition, he only has the Enemies disadvantage when he's in the Otherworld. It would be a crock to do it any other way.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:07 PM   #29
naloth

Quote:
No. When you take a Temporary Disadvantage on an expensive advantage you have to reduce their value (as a percentage) so you get 80% of their value, max. (See p. B115 for details.) It would be against the rules for me to let him get the same amount of points as if he just took the disadvantage, and for good reason!
I'm having difficulty pricing them as disadvantages.

-40% on Jumper = 40 points he does get back. So they need to be worth at least -50 points as disadvantages. Social Stigma -4 could be -20 pts and Enemy - Loyal Sidhe (9) would be -30 points? That's 50 points, but it doesn't take into account that the stigma is only with a small population that he's rarely around and that the enemy can be dodged by using the advantage that incurs the temporary disadvantage.

Seems that as disadvantages they wouldn't be worth -50 points.

Quote:
Well, yeah, exactly. That's why I built this in -- I plan on them having a reason to come to him to have to enter the Otherworld. They'll need to either be amazingly convincing or get some leverage to force him to use his ability, since it's so dangerous for him to break his exile.
Understood. I'm just not sure what's so dangerous. It seems like there's a 50% chance he can slip in without notice and that no one cares when he leaves.

If the Sidhe carefully guarded all the entrances the chance he could slip in would be lower (say 15 or less?) but since it's only in that realm there's a pretty heavy Accessibility limitation (only in the faerie realm) that he can control. I can see where you could have a 30 point base enemy (very powerful) that's nearly unavoidable (15 x3 value) but only in the faerie realm (-50%?).

Quote:
Basically, this is a 20-point advantage that he will never, ever use. It exists solely for the PCs to blackmail him into using, which will more than likely come at a horrible price for him. I guess I could reverse it and make it a disadvantage, since it'll never be useful for him, but I'd rather stick to the rules. :)
Having World Jumper is an advantage even if you're a criminal on the other side. How useful probably depends on how efficient the authorities are. It still might be a good place to store or fence items.

I can also see lots of useful plot threads that can take advantage of his abilities especially since it has Tunnel +40% and it will certainly be an advantage if he clears his name with the loyal Sidhe.

Quote:
I don't understand this reasoning. Every time he makes a jump, he's hunted and stigmatized for as long as he stays there -- when the jump ends (he comes back to Earth), it ends. That's the precise definition of Temporary Disadvantage -- while the advantage is in use, you're disadvantaged.
I look at each Jump as a use of the power. It's not like he's returned to Earth if he's KO'ed or goes to sleep. So my first thought was that loyal Sidhe get angry anytime he's bouncing back and forth (when the advantage in invoked) and on a 9- they come teach this exile a lesson.

Sounds like they only care if he's coming into the faerie realm (or one-side of the jump). Yes, that would be a temporary disadvantage i.e. one that can be avoided by not using an ability, but it doesn't incur any disadvantage if he's there coming to Earth.

A 9- sounds like he can use it, he just has to be careful. It might even be obvious when the enemy is invoked so he can just turn right around. Also, unlike normal enemies he just needs to make it to the nearest exit to be safe again.

Lacking details facing the loyal Sidhe might be better than what the PCs or authorities would do to him. If they are just going to exile him again (send him back) it's not a big deal. Imprisonment or capital punishment would be bad for plot development.

It reminds me of the Mytpl####????lk (Superman villain) that disappears for ## days back to the 6th dimension.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:29 PM   #30
naloth

Blacksmith (Supertemps)
ST 10 DX 13 [60] IQ 13 [60] HT 11 [10] Spd 6

Artificier 4 [40]
Comfortable Wealth [10]
Gadgeteer [25]
Lang - German [4]
Magnetism Talent 4 [20]

Magnetism (Esoteric and Super countermeasures -10%) Powers
*Compartmenatalized Mind [45]
*Control Ferrous Metals 10 (Base 10; Collective +100%, Super -10%) [190]
*TK 90 (Control Alternate Ability; Ferrous Metals -40%, Super -10%) [180 / 5]

Disadvantages
Honesty (9) [-10]
Pacifism (Cannot Kill) [-15]
Secret ID [-10]

Skills
Computer Operation-13 [1], Computer Programming-12 [1], Engineer!-18 [36], Hobby (Racquetball)-13 [1], Judo-12 [2].

Total: 470

Notes
I made a few changes:
*lowered IQ in favor of a Talent
*used a wildcard for his engineering skills
*dropped Patron, Duty, Enemy
*didn't relist quirks
*didn't give him DR

Mostly this is an example to help me get a grip on Control which I'm still not very comfortable with.

I didn't give him DR just because it's listed as something Control can be used for (interposing material) and it shouldn't be encumberance either since he can always use Control or TK as his additional action. This could be purchased as DR but it directly overlaps and cannot be an alterate ability (because he'll need to use control at the same time). He should be able to maintain 1" to 2" of steel (60-112 DR) around his body just using Control. Opinion?

He should be able to control all ferrous metal within 10 yards (up to 1k lbs total) with one mental using control <or> he can use TK90 on one chunk of metal. Also, Compartmenalized Mind seems like it will allow you to use the same advantage twice per turn though one action will always be control.

Tags
characters, cooperative effort, supers