Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 01-17-2006, 06:51 AM   #21
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Default Re: Submit Errata for e23 In Nomine products

What EDG said. Thanks!
Old 01-24-2006, 01:41 PM   #22
Lucius Drake

Eli PDF, p. 2., third column, top.

"Distrubed, Not Dissonant .......26"

Just that typographical error that I noticed in the preview file.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
tbug

In the Tether Tolls section on p. 18 of Lilith, I think that the directions are backward.

"The typical going rate is 1 Essence to descend from Earth to the Guildhall . . ."

Either it should be ". . . to descend to Earth from the Guildhall . . ." or else ". . . to ascend from Earth . . .".

Or I could be wrong and the Lilim use angel slang for the direction of their Tethers, but I'd think that it would be noted as in-character speech if so. I doubt this is the case, since later the box refers to ascending from Earth.

(Either way, using a Tether of Freedom costs 1 point of Essence plus suitable gifts for the folks at either end.)
tbug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 PM   #24
William

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbug
Or I could be wrong and the Lilim use angel slang for the direction of their Tethers, but I'd think that it would be noted as in-character speech if so. I doubt this is the case, since later the box refers to ascending from Earth.
In fact, demons in general use both the descend and the ascend terminology. Hell is, of course, Hell, but it's still a celestial realm.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #25
tbug

Thank-you, I didn't know that. The Liber Castellorum gave me the impression that only angels used "descend" for the direction leading from Earth to Hell. Is there a source for saying that demons use this terminology, too?

Does this mean that this is more than an in-character usage and authors are free to use either "ascend" or "descend" for either direction?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:25 PM   #26
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I'm pretty flexible about ascend/descend when it comes to demonic Tethers. It's all other-dimensional anyway.

Angels are pretty firm about the whole "ascend" thing, though.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #27
tbug

Thank-you. I'd gotten the impression from Liber Castellorum that angels were the guys who sometimes used ascend and sometimes used descend in this context. I'll check for errata.

It does make it more confusing though when either direction could be either sort of travel. For example, I'd assuming that the paragraph (in the same box on p. 18 as discussed above) that begins with "Ascending from a Freedom Tether also requires at least 1 Essence paid to the Seneschal or caretaker on the corporeal . . ." to be using the LC sense of "ascending". (This makes sense, since it'd be hard for the Seneschal to stop someone from using the Tether in the Hell -> Earth direction.) Now I'm not so sure, since earlier in the box descending means going from Earth to Hell.

It doesn't actually matter for my game; travel in either direction ought to be accompanied by a gift for the guards at the "top" and the Seneschel at the "bottom".
Old 07-02-2006, 07:39 AM   #28
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Sorry, I was unclear. Angels are firm that you ascend to Heaven. And usually use "descend" for Hell. Demons... Well, the celestial realm is "higher" than the corporeal, so it can go either way. Those darn fuzzy demons.

Yeah, that sentence is also a little fuzzy, now that I squint at it. I am pretty sure (I wrote it a long time ago!) that it's talking about Earth->Hell, but you're quite right that when you have Lilim involved, you're probably going to be coughing up something at both sides.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:09 PM   #29
Sagitta

Default nits picked while you wait

I just noticed I've had an erratum lying around for about a year. Eli p3:
At the beginning of this century, Eli granted dominion over most of his Servitors to the other Archangels.
I think this should read "at the beginning of the twentieth century". Sometimes you can't just copy and paste from the core rules :)
Sagitta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 03:31 PM   #30
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Saggita, the Eli errata is sent along and should show up on the errata pages soon. Thanks!