Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 03-21-2021, 09:19 AM   #1
KheyEL

Default Giant Skunk and Curse! Lose Two Cards.

Hello All,

Haven't played Munchkin for a very long time now so I need a clarification about the below scenario:

A player (1st) kicks down the door and a lvl5 monster appears which he can kill. Another player (2nd) plays Wandering Monster with Giant Skunk. The 1st player then plays the card which makes Giant Skunk a lvl1 monster. Then another player has played Curse! Lose Two Cards on the 1st player.

a) Is playing this curse legal? What we were saying is that this specific curse does not interfere with the combat so it should be, but the 1st player was insisting that since it is a card against him, it shouldn't be played.

b) Since monster enhancers can be played with Giant Skunk in combat, is Cotion of Ponfusion a monster enhancer, or is it a card against the 1st player so it shouldn't be played?

c) Same as b) but what about Mate? (I'm guessing it is not a monster enhancer, but I want to be sure I get this completely)
KheyEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 08:54 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Giant Skunk and Curse! Lose Two Cards.

It has been rules before that "Mate" is allowed (similar to Wandering Monster), as are curses (which do not affect the combat itself).

Cotion of Ponfusion affects the combat and is not a monster enhancer, so it would not be allowed.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote