Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-01-2021, 08:47 AM   #31
Terwin

Default Re: Magic to RPM Complete Conversion Version 2

I still seem to have it on my google docs, and I do not see any comments that it is in violation of SJG copyrights, so I can share a link:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Terwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 05:08 PM   #32
Say, it isn't that bad!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terwin View Post
I still seem to have it on my google docs, and I do not see any comments that it is in violation of SJG copyrights, so I can share a link:

Thank you.

Hopefully someone can pick this up. :)

http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=169674

If you don't know why I said something, please ask. Assumptions are the death of courtesy.

Disappointed in the behaviour I have too-often encountered here.
Say, it isn't that bad! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2021, 10:09 PM   #33
Monokkuma

Quote:

Wow, thanks man!
Monokkuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 08:35 AM   #34
Raekai
World's Worst Detective

I haven't been very active, but I did notice this. I appreciate someone helping out and sharing their own copy. I also went ahead and updated the link on the first page, and I'll share that updated link here too. Hope that helps any future people looking for it!
Raekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 04:43 PM   #35
maximara
On Notice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekai View Post
I haven't been very active, but I did notice this. I appreciate someone helping out and sharing their own copy. I also went ahead and updated the link on the first page, and I'll share that updated link here too. Hope that helps any future people looking for it!
Good work. Added this thread to the GURPSwiki's page on Magic in case the URL moves again.
Help make a digital reference for GURPS by coming to the GURPS wiki and provide some information and links (such as to various Fanmade 4e Bestiaries) . Please, provide more then just a title and a page number.
maximara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 04:25 AM   #36
Taneli

I noticed that your excel only has name, description, energy cost of the typical casting and typical casting modifiers and effects, when the standard format seems to list spell effects, inherent modifiers and the number of greater effects separately in addition to what your table lists.

Would you be interested in adding those in as separate columns, if the were people willing to do the work of figuring those out?

The reason I'm asking this is that if those are included as separate columns, then it's pretty easy to get a spell entry out of your spreadsheet in the standard RPM format.
Taneli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 06:19 AM   #37
Terwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taneli View Post
I noticed that your excel only has name, description, energy cost of the typical casting and typical casting modifiers and effects, when the standard format seems to list spell effects, inherent modifiers and the number of greater effects separately in addition to what your table lists.
As these are spells from published SJG books, I suspect that listing the spell effects would likely cross the line for copyright infringement.

Fortunately, anyone with the appropriate books can look up the spell effects as needed.

Listing the number of greater spell effects would probably not be problematic however.
Terwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 08:26 AM   #38
Taneli

Quote:
As these are spells from published SJG books, I suspect that listing the spell effects would likely cross the line for copyright infringement.

Fortunately, anyone with the appropriate books can look up the spell effects as needed.

Listing the number of greater spell effects would probably not be problematic however.
Honestly, I find that hard to believe, as we're discussing of a hobbyist's interpretation from one magic system to another here, and also the data is already in the published document, one would merely have to clean it up from the typical casting -example.

We're talking about the difference between this:

Ignite Fire
This spell ignites a flammable target in a manner similar to a match, fire striker, or a cigarette lighter.

Typical Casting: Lesser Create Energy (6) + Subject Weight, 10 lbs. (0) + Range, 2 yds (0). 6 energy (6×1).

and this:

Ignite Fire
Spell Effects: Lesser Create Energy.
Inherent Modifiers: Subject Weight, Range.
Greater Effects: 0 (×1).

This spell ignites a flammable target in a manner similar to a match, fire striker, or a cigarette lighter.

Typical Casting: Lesser Create Energy (6) + Subject Weight, 10 lbs. (0) + Range, 2 yds (0). 6 energy (6×1).
Taneli is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, magic, rituals, rpm, spells