Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 07-06-2012, 11:56 PM   #21
HANS

Default Re: Great War Survivor Lens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking View Post
For WWI an absolute must would be Throwing (Grenade)
Throwing (Grenade) doesn't exist. The skill required is simply Throwing.

Cheers

HANS
Old 07-07-2012, 03:28 AM   #22
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Nothing useful to add to the thread. I just wanted to say that a Pulp Era Chill game sounds pretty cool. Post some more background and game synopses if you can!
Thank you. We'll see if it ever comes to anything. I'm much better at planning games than at actually writing down the plans and running them. :(

Edit: Would it be horribly out of place to put a Catholic minister in Texas? I'm not familiar with the religious distribution of the U.S.

Author of Winged Folk.

The GURPS Discord. Drop by and say hi!

Last edited by Anders; 07-07-2012 at 03:41 AM.
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2012, 04:11 AM   #23
pyratejohn

A slight tangent, but an important one nonetheless, is that any Great War survivor in your game will also be a 1918 Influenza Pandemic survivor.
Old 07-07-2012, 04:21 AM   #24
Anders

Correct. That generation got royally screwed.

Author of Winged Folk.

Old 07-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #25
Witchking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asta Kask View Post
Edit: Would it be horribly out of place to put a Catholic minister in Texas? I'm not familiar with the religious distribution of the U.S.
Out of place no...but he would be used to being seriously outnumbered by the Southern Bapists...but really you can find just about any denomination just about anywhere...

Now mind you some of his Neighbors might not be to happy...and the Klan (KKK) might stop by for a visit...but he could be there.

(Second big Klan movement in the 1920's had Anti-Catholicism as a large part of the sales pitch..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKK#Second_KKK.)
Old 07-07-2012, 04:54 AM   #26
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchking View Post
Out of place no...but he would be used to being seriously outnumbered by the Southern Bapists...but really you can find just about any denomination just about anywhere...

Now mind you some of his Neighbors might not be to happy...and the Klan (KKK) might stop by for a visit...but he could be there.

(Second big Klan movement in the 1920's had Anti-Catholicism as a large part of the sales pitch..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKK#Second_KKK.)
Could a Catholic be elected as sheriff (you elect sheriffs, right)? I want the sheriff to confess something to the priest, the priest feels he must contact S.A.V.E. but can't give any details due to confession being a holy trust.

Although I suppose a Southern Baptist minister who promised not to tell would do as well.

Author of Winged Folk.

Old 07-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #27
RyanW

Quote:
Could a Catholic be elected as sheriff (you elect sheriffs, right)? I want the sheriff to confess something to the priest, the priest feels he must contact S.A.V.E. but can't give any details due to confession being a holy trust.
A Baptist sheriff might talk to a priest like he would a minister if he was personally on good terms with him. It wouldn't be a formal confession, but the priest might treat it with the same confidentiality.

BTW, there are actually a lot of Catholics in Texas, but most are Hispanic. It would be an oddity to see one in elected office in the 1920s.
Old 07-07-2012, 09:38 AM   #28
Anders

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanW View Post
A Baptist sheriff might talk to a priest like he would a minister if he was personally on good terms with him. It wouldn't be a formal confession, but the priest might treat it with the same confidentiality.
Good. Thank you!

Author of Winged Folk.

Old 07-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #29
RyanW

Quote:
Good. Thank you!
Of course, it's about as likely that a 1920s southern sheriff would accuse a priest of being part of an Un-American Papist conspiracy, so don't take what I said as being hard fact.
Old 07-07-2012, 10:17 AM   #30
Anders

Both sheriff and priest are meant to be sympathetic figures. The sheriff just happens to be the grandson of the wrong man.

Author of Winged Folk.

Tags
great war, horror, lens