Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-16-2011, 10:13 PM   #1
JakeEscherRoels

Default LEGO Mass Combat System

My colleagues and I have done some developing of a mass combat system using LEGO. It's kinda Warhammer and LEGO... I'm sure it's been done a hundred times.
I've got my charts thus far and some photos if you're interested.

http://jakeescher.blogspot.com/2011/04/lego.html

Marine 100 Pts
Medium range weapon 13
ST 12
DX 10
IQ 10
HT 12
Move 6
DR 3
Range M
Damage 1d+1d+1d (3 shots per sec)
CRC (Close Range Combatant) 150 Pts
Any short range weapon 14
ST 14
DX 8
IQ 10
HT 12
Move 7
DR 3
Range S
Damage 3d

Sniper 175 Pt
Sniper Rifle 15
ST 10
DX 12
IQ 13
HT 11
Move 4
DR 1
Range L
Damage 2d + 1

ATT (Anti Tank Troop) 175
Long Range Incendiary 8
ST 14
DX 9
IQ 11
HT 11
Move 5
DR 2
Range L
Damage 2d + 5

Light Vehicle (1 driver 1 Gunner) 450 pt
Mounted Assault Rifle 12
ST -
DX 12
IQ -
HT 20
Move 12
DR 3
Range M
Damage 1d + 2
Notes Can fire while moving at -2

Tank 1 driver 1 gunner) 700
Tank 15
ST -
DX 7
IQ -
HT 30
Move 6
DR 7
Range L
Damage 4d
Notes

Troop Transport 800
Occupancy 4
ST -
DX 7
IQ -
HT 30
Move 6
DR 5
Range -
Notes 40 pts doubles occupancy max (40 pts for 8 ppl. 80 pts for 16 etc.)

Driver 80 Pts
No weapon -
ST 10
DX 10
IQ 12
HT 10
Move 6
DR 1
Range -
Damage Can operate any vehicle. Wheeled vehicles at 14 flying vehicles at 12

Turn Sequence:
On a player’s turn, each unit gets 3 seconds.

ACTIONS
Each unit gets 3 seconds per turn

1 second actions:
Ready weapon (every weapon must be readied before it can be fired. A weapon must be readied after moving or reloading)
Aim (Weapons can be aimed for accuracy. Without aiming a weapon is at -2 to hit. Aiming for 1 sec negates that. Aiming for an addition 1 sec adds + 1 to hit to a maximum of + 3). After a weapon has been fired the unit must aim again to compensate recoil. The recoil effect compounds. If a marine fires three times in a turn, without aiming, his first shot is at -2, his second at -4 and his third at -6.
Fire. Duh
Load (ATT’s must load their weapon after each firing. Eg. ATT loads his weapon, readies it, aims it and then fires.
Each units Move score is equal to the distance they travel per second. A unit can move 3 x it’s total move score in one turn. Or move their move score, ready and aim their weapon etc.

CUSTOMIZING:

Vehicles and units can be customized or custom made.

Base vehicle cost is 150. Enhancements and limitations can alter the vehicles cost. You can never spend less than 75% of a vehicles base cost through limitations.
- 40 pts doubles the number of total occupants (vehicles always hold 2 people as a default. A vehicle without a second person costs only 100).
All vehicles base Move score is 4. 20 pts adds +1 to it’s movement score. For a vehicle that moves slower than 4 reduce 10% of the cost of the vehicle per -1.
All vehicles have a base of 15 HT costing 10 pts / additional +1. For vehicles with fewer hit points reduce the total cost of the vehicle by 10%
All vehicles have a base DR of 1. The same rules as Hit points apply.
WEAPONS:
Each weapon costs 100 points to add. Weapons are added as weapons with 0 Range. A Short Range weapon costs 10 points.
Medium Range costs 50 points
Long Range costs 80 Points.
it costs 50 pts / 1 Dice OR +1 of Damage. (Eg. For a weapon that does 1d + 1 damage it would cost 100 points.) To do multiple dice damage that is rolled separately, (rather than doing 3 dice damage you do 1 Dice + 1 Dice + 1 Dice) the cost is 60% of the total cost of the weapon.
Vehicles that fly cost 100 extra points. Vehicles fly at their Move score in any direction

ATTACKING INTO/OUT OF/ ON VEHICLES

When attacking a vehicle, or any large object, a unit gets +1 to hit for every 2 passengers the vehicle can carry. (Eg. A vehicle with a max capacity of 8 gives a unit +4 to hit.)
Firing from behind or into cover. Attacking a unit over cover/ from behind cover is difficult. 1 level of bricks between the attacker and subject is -1 to hit. 2 bricks is - 3 and 3 bricks is - 5. More than 3 bricks or shooting from a small window is -6 to hit. WHEN FIRING FROM BEHIND COVER: An attacker behind cover suffers no penalties except behind heavy cover. Behind 3 bricks is -1 to hit. 4 bricks or more is -3.
A unit gets attacking bonuses from cover only if they are positioned within half their move score from the object. (Eg. A Marine must be within 3 bricks of a wall to avoid shooting over the object with the total penalty).
JakeEscherRoels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #2
JakeEscherRoels

Default Re: LEGO Mass Combat System

UPDATE: Last night's legohammer game was a six hour success. We've tweaked the rules somewhat to make them more balanced. I'm not sure if I mentioned before but our game is measured in bricks. Also, anti-tank troops and tank weapons have splash damage. While every unit gets a bonus to hit groups of units (any units 4 bricks apart, or less, add a +1 bonus. 3 units in a group would give a +2 to hit) tanks and ATT's weapons have splash damage. If they hit their target, any other units within 4 bricks take half damage.
For familiar readers: we've removed the "loading" action for tanks and ATTs and tweaked the stats for everyone to make them more balanced. You can check out our master unit sheet here: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...thkey=CIG4prUE

We'll be adding more units and rules as we go. Play with your friends! Remember the joy that is Lego!
JakeEscherRoels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 10:19 PM   #3
Stripe

Default Re: LEGO Mass Combat System

As if playing GURPS wasn't geeky enough, you have to play GURPS with Legos. XD

Just kidding. Looks like fun! :)
if I can't say 'I'm chaotic evil!'"? —Jeff Freeman
Stripe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lego, mass combat, miniatures