Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Illuminati Headquarters > Forum Feedback and Help

Old 11-02-2021, 01:07 AM   #31
Refplace

Default Re: Did the forum change styles?

I also find it harder to read.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:10 AM   #32
WingedKagouti

As far as I can tell, it's the combination of the dark post headers, the much brighter post background and the somewhere inbetween brightness of the page background that makes the new color scheme hard to read for those who complain (including me). The contrast causes some eye strain for me, which makes visiting the site unpleasant.
WingedKagouti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 03:45 AM   #33
adm

Add me to the physically painful to try and read list, please.
Old 11-02-2021, 05:05 AM   #34
Celjabba

On Firefox mobile With a dark theme, the result is less flashy, but still weird.

Still impossible to read without zooming a lot, but that's another story.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10H4...w?usp=drivesdk
Celjabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 06:47 AM   #35
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
I am curious, is anybody else that's having issues red/green colorblind?
I have the "severe" version of red/green colorblindness I think it is, and I don't care for the new scheme, but don't find it intolerable.
Old 11-02-2021, 08:39 AM   #36
Inky

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenfish View Post
I'm curious what it is that makes this styling so painful. I can read text on a white background (e.g., Wikipedia) without any sense of unpleasantness, but something about this new pattern of tans seems to burn my eyes. Does anyone know what effect could be in play here?
Same here! I'm thinking, though I'm not sure, that if the dark brown bars (e.g. at the tops of postings) were lightened like the other things have been, it might be less fierce?
Old 11-02-2021, 12:11 PM   #37
Armin
GCA Prime

At first, I found the new style pleasant and refreshing. However, after actually trying to read the forums, I'm afraid that I also fell into the group of "hurts to read." I found this a bit surprising since I generally prefer lighter themes and use light mode on my machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parody View Post
If you use a user styles extension (like Stylus) and you'd like the older colors I've posted a quick set of user styles on userstyles.world and userstyles.org.

Let me know if I missed something. :)
Thanks for that. :-)

Once I activated your style I found the pale peachy gold texture image rather jarring. So I also had to remove the background image for the page. I substituted a dark color, so that the background would be reasonably uniform from top to bottom (but I may not be sold on that yet, as it does feel odd to me).
Old 11-02-2021, 12:54 PM   #38
Aleph
Administrator

A change to a texture elsewhere on the site caused problems with the forum setup (it had been using the same texture). I'm trying a couple of small tweaks to make the lighter color less jarring here in the forums.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:02 PM   #39
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
A change to a texture elsewhere on the site caused problems with the forum setup (it had been using the same texture). I'm trying a couple of small tweaks to make the lighter color less jarring here in the forums.
Thanks for the explanation! I *like* this new look, so I hope you don't tweak it too much <crosses fingers>
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:05 PM   #40
Aleph
Administrator

The core color change from the other part of the site is unlikely to change. I am working on making some other elements more complimentary to be easier on the eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Thanks for the explanation! I *like* this new look, so I hope you don't tweak it too much <crosses fingers>
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote