Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-26-2009, 07:32 PM   #101
The Benj

Default Re: GURPS Mass Combat out

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik1979
I'm sure it would take less than 2 hours to make. Although, If I found time to make it I would use the standard CCG card size so that I can give it card sleeves.
Man, please do! The people deserve it!

And by "the people" I mean me, obviously. :)
The Benj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:44 PM   #102
hal

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj

I started out trying to teach myself how to use the draw functions of Microsoft's Word, so I can use the text boxes to make something approximating that found in the freebie by e23. The fun part will be in typing up the info for the "cards", then printing out a black and white proof of concept on regular paper before I try doing it on stiffer stock. It is my intent to print out at least 3 to 4 sets or decks of cards so that my players can use them during games until such a time as they are familiar with the various of the newer GURPS MARTIAL ARTS options for combat. I however, don't believe it can be done in a mere 2 hours, as it will take that much longer to type everything out from scratch. At least however, once I finish, I won't have to wait for e23 to update the current GM aid ;)

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:45 PM   #103
Gudiomen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Benj

I've made some fancy combat cards I'm pretty proud of, printed them color on proper paper and they work wonders. They're about the same size as Magic cards, and have World of Warcraft icons to represent each maneuver. Not really able to share it though, they're pretty rules-heavy and have copyright graphics on them. I just use it for our group. And, they're in portuguese too.

If you give it a shot you might be surprised at how easy they are to make. I did mine in MS Word (first version was Open Document), nothing fancy. Then converted to .pdf to print. I even made "FP chips". This kind of thing is a little idiosyncratic though, I made them mainly to include MA stuff and because the official ones didn't cut it for me (I still had to look up rules).
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #104
Gudiomen

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal
I started out trying to teach myself how to use the draw functions of Microsoft's Word, so I can use the text boxes to make something approximating that found in the freebie by e23. The fun part will be in typing up the info for the "cards", then printing out a black and white proof of concept on regular paper before I try doing it on stiffer stock. It is my intent to print out at least 3 to 4 sets or decks of cards so that my players can use them during games until such a time as they are familiar with the various of the newer GURPS MARTIAL ARTS options for combat.
This is what I did, it worked to some extent. One of my players doesn't really care about rules, but the cards did help him think of the options a little bit. The other loves advanced options, but is impulsive (they player, not the character) and forgets half the time. I use them all the time.

Quote:
I however, don't believe it can be done in a mere 2 hours, as it will take that much longer to type everything out from scratch.
Typing isn't that much of a pain, the problem is editing (how compact can you get without sounding vague or nonsensical, fitting the text in a readable way) and looking up rules in the books. But yeah, it took me a few days of meddling.
Gudiomen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 09:38 PM   #105
nik1979

I'd love to make some art for it. Since they're cards they are small, low detailed and relatively easy.

hmmm... what to do first: 3C, 5C, or 9C kataphraks, sergeants, squires, 11C norman knights, arab faris, 3-4C hunnic or 11C turcoman horse archers, roman foot archers, or longbow men ... too many to choose from... must consider what is the easiest to do first.
MIB#2428
nik1979 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mass combat