Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 02-14-2022, 11:49 AM   #1
Refplace

Default What Pyramid articles would you like to see as supplements?

Inspired by this thread on Metatronic Generators.
What articles would people like to see printed as a supplement? Even if it was pretty much no new content (say the author is no longer active or available) it would be nice to quickly find a material by title or category without having to deal with fan made lists or trying to remember the title or author and attempting a search.
It just would save me time and quickly pay for itself for the right material.
So my candidates are..
  • Metatronic Generators
  • Enchanting (Including Material enchanting, Industrial/mass Production, the Charges article, etc.
  • Console Cowboys and Cyberspace Kung Fu, possibly combined with the Computer size article
  • Ultratech Armor
  • Blessed Be? The one that breaks down and expands on Blessed.
I know there are others, but what are your requests or suggestions?
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:07 PM   #2
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: What Pyramid articles would you like to see as supplements?

My "More Psionic Threats" originally had half the article as an expanded table for DF Mentalists which was cut for length. It could easily be an appendix in a full length Monsters supplement.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:11 PM   #3
Michael Thayne

David Pulver's Eidetic Memory column was consistently amazing, and there's a ton of material there that would make great supplements.
Old 02-14-2022, 12:25 PM   #4
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The ultra tech armor is split over a few different issues. It'd be nice to have it together. It would go really nice next to the custom blaster design article.

I also use the article on how to make all sorts of vehicles using spaceships all the time. Make a book about "Custom Future Tech" and it will all fit in there together. Someone might claim modular mechas go in there too. They might not be wrong.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 12:48 PM   #5
Michael Thayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The ultra tech armor is split over a few different issues. It'd be nice to have it together. It would go really nice next to the custom blaster design article.

I also use the article on how to make all sorts of vehicles using spaceships all the time. Make a book about "Custom Future Tech" and it will all fit in there together. Someone might claim modular mechas go in there too. They might not be wrong.
The Spaceships stuff feels very different than the armor and blaster design stuff. The latter use a design philosophy much closer to the Classic Vehicles books. If we got an official supplement on blaster design, in my ideal world it would also include gun design (conventional and electromagnetic). But that might be too much to ask for.
Old 02-14-2022, 01:07 PM   #6
Refplace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Thayne View Post
The Spaceships stuff feels very different than the armor and blaster design stuff. The latter use a design philosophy much closer to the Classic Vehicles books. If we got an official supplement on blaster design, in my ideal world it would also include gun design (conventional and electromagnetic). But that might be too much to ask for.
I agree the Spaceships article is very different and while both in one place would be an improvement I feel each could be given their own supplement.

A Spaceships conversion for buildings or other vehicles could probably be expanded and the author is still active, though he has some pending material that has been on the books a long time. I don't mean Vehicles but two unnamed supplements in a series. I think it would slide under the radar if published as a Spaceships supplement as those running other genres would more likely miss it when looking for material.
Even with no extra options or rules a few examples could be welcome. And I would like to see the section on bases from GURPS Supers added as well.

As to weapons? Sure conventional, electromag, laser, blaster, etc. Ryui also did some work here, though mostly on his blog. I suspect David Pulver has some material he can port from VDS for a weapons supplement and get paid for some of the work he did in writing VDS.
It could also serve as a measuring stick for how much interest there really is for such crunchy and math heavy material. I suspect it would be heavy lift editing wise though. Still science fiction is a market without serious competition (at least compared to fantasy) and we have an upcoming science fiction setting in Mission X and several other already published settings it could breath new life into. Really the GURPS settings need more attention drawn to them to bring in more players and GMs.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 02-14-2022, 01:12 PM   #7
Refplace

Oh and speaking of settings, I would love to see some of them expanded! Especially much of Tramletts stuff.
Would anyone else be interested in a mini-settings series? Say a supplement with a couple of settings as their own chapter, including expansions on existing settings. Not sure how well it would do though. I think most people who buy settings books expect a lot of art and maps.
My GURPS Wiki entries
Old 02-14-2022, 01:14 PM   #8
Donny Brook

Please avoid putting anything into canon that might tend to limit character capabilities or cost more character points. (I'm looking at you, GURPS Powers treatment of 360-Vision.)

It would probably be safest to make sure any of it is an Optional rule.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 01:14 PM   #9
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

All the articles that either expand on core rules or collect broadly core options from disparate supplements. All the stuff that jusy as easily could have been in the Basic Set but didn't exist yet. Things like "Ten for Ten" and "Combat Writ Large".
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2022, 05:12 PM   #10
sparcipx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
What articles would people like to see printed as a supplement?
I didn't even have to think about this one: Modular Mecha from Pyramid 3-51.

Last edited by sparcipx; 02-14-2022 at 05:16 PM.
sparcipx is offline   Reply With Quote