Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-27-2022, 05:26 AM   #11
lugaid

Default Re: GURPS Book List

Related typos:

Nordlond Saga: The Citadel of Nordvorn, not "Norovorn"

Nordlond Saga: Nordlondr Folk, not "Norolondr" (again, the eth is more appropriate, but d is acceptable)

GURPS GM's Screen, not "Screene"

Also, found GURPS Mage: The Ascension in your list. The date should be 1994.

While I'm at it, GURPS Lensman should be dated 1993.

GURPS The Prisoner, surprisingly, does not have a copyright date (that I could find). From internal clues (in its bibliography, it mentions a book published in 1988 and a book scheduled to be published in Fall of 1989), it seems that it was published in 1988 or 1989, probably the latter.
lugaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:28 AM   #12
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugaid View Post
I had sorted them by date, but did not see GURPS Mage: The Ascension anywhere near its publication date of 1994. Perhaps I just missed it.
There are about 30 entries where the publishing date was unknown or uncertain. Those, including GURPS MtA, were all down at the bottom of the document. [MtA's date was listed as "Pre 1996?"]
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:29 AM   #13
lugaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
There are about 30 entries where the publishing date was unknown or uncertain. Those, including GURPS MtA, were all down at the bottom of the document. [MtA's date was listed as "Pre 1996?"]
Yup, found it.
Old 01-27-2022, 07:37 AM   #14
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Related typos:

Nordlond Saga: Nordlondr Folk, not "Norolondr" (again, the eth is more appropriate, but d is acceptable)
For reference, eth is this letter ð, or Ð in upper case.

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:44 AM   #15
kate_unknown

Quote:
Related typos:

GURPS GM's Screen, not "Screene"

Also, found GURPS Mage: The Ascension in your list. The date should be 1994.

While I'm at it, GURPS Lensman should be dated 1993.

GURPS The Prisoner, surprisingly, does not have a copyright date (that I could find). From internal clues (in its bibliography, it mentions a book published in 1988 and a book scheduled to be published in Fall of 1989), it seems that it was published in 1988 or 1989, probably the latter.
Again thank you so much for the help! I have a few books listed as "pre 1996?" because I couldn't find a copyright date but I was reasonably sure they were before 3rd edition revised was released.

I have made the updates to my master list and will move them to Google after I make some other updates. I will list The Prisoner as 1989? for now, I am going to see if I can find an ISBN later because that usually gives a copyright date.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þorkell View Post
For reference, eth is this letter ð, or Ð in upper case.
I am going to leave them as regular d, just for ease of searching for them. Not sure why I had them all as "o" before.

Last edited by kate_unknown; 01-27-2022 at 10:45 AM. Reason: second quote reply
kate_unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:33 PM   #16
lugaid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_unknown View Post
I will list The Prisoner as 1989? for now, I am going to see if I can find an ISBN later because that usually gives a copyright date.
ISBN 1-55634-161-X, which is listed on several sites as copyright 1989.
Old 01-29-2022, 12:55 PM   #17
kate_unknown

Okay made a few updates, it seems like the Nordlond books aren't released yet as far as I can tell, also added the unreleased Pyramid 4 series to the magazines tab. Got some physical first editions in the mail so added their info too!

I was wondering if anyone knows if GURPS Dark Places was ever actually released? I know it is listed here on the official site, but this doesn't give an ISBN number, PDF or even say physical out of stock. I searched sold on Ebay and it has never been sold on Ebay (though that doesn't necessarily mean anything since GURPS Bili the Axe: Up Harzburk! was first sold on Ebay only last month)

Just seems strange because I can't find any references to it outside of SJG and a Wikipedia book-list (that probably just got the title from SJG).
kate_unknown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 01:43 PM   #18
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by kate_unknown View Post
I was wondering if anyone knows if GURPS Dark Places was ever actually released?
I don't think so. It is not listed on SJ Games' "Everything We've Ever Released" page, which is normally accurate.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:12 PM   #19
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
I don't think so. It is not listed on SJ Games' "Everything We've Ever Released" page, which is normally accurate.
Dunno the details, but it was a planned book sometime in the early 00s (IIRC). Something happened, it got pulled from the pipeline and now it's just a title that never saw daylight.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2022, 02:46 PM   #20
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Dunno the details, but it was a planned book sometime in the early 00s (IIRC).
The cover style and authorship on it are consistent with that. I have thousands of messages from the old sjgames.gurps NNTP forum still in my newsreader, and Dark Places gets mentioned a few time in that in 2004-06 as stalled, but maybe not forever.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gurps, supplements