Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-02-2019, 09:57 AM   #21
starslayer

Default Re: A new question { Making Permanent Physical Alterations }

you could also look into unkillable with reincarnation and the perk 'can die at will'.

That would allow the character to 'die' and then come back in a completely new body. You'd have to see what the GM thinks about the idea, but its actually considered a limitation on unkillable normally.

That you can choose to die at a moment of your choosing (a 1 point perk) in order to take on a new identity is kind of moot to the larger 'when you die no one will recognize you making it hard to access bank accounts, stay in the same apartment, have friends, etc'
starslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:11 PM   #22
Tigrah2k

Default Re: A new question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Zeroed already assumes maintenance to maintain. I would not require anything beyond basic Zeroed to stay off the grid if you keep changing form.
Multiple Alternate Identities might be nice but that would require a Patron or enhancement to set up new ones.

Changing mannerisms would require Acting IMO.
If the campaign keeps going, a Patron may well be in the wings with the resources to cover the multiple alternate IDs. Good thinking, too. I hadn't considered how to handle that need, though it was a pressing issue on my mind.

I lean more and more towards Morph, since it gives a LOT of options for altering his full body. I didn't get the impression that Elastic Skin would allow him to alter his retinal patterns, skin tone, hair color, fingerprints (think maybe ES would do this one?), dental pattern... basically everything that can be used to ID someone.

In either case, the question remains... how can I make the change permanent, so that he doesn't need to worry about it being undone?
Tigrah2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 06:37 PM   #23
Anthony

Default Re: A new question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrah2k View Post
In either case, the question remains... how can I make the change permanent, so that he doesn't need to worry about it being undone?
Add once on, stays on.

Tags
morph, shapeshifting