Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-31-2019, 12:30 PM   #11
Tigrah2k

Default Re: A new question

.... is "Morph" a variant of shapeshifting? I can't find it in the list for Powers, or the characters books...
Tigrah2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:34 PM   #12
naloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigrah2k View Post
.... is "Morph" a variant of shapeshifting? I can't find it in the list for Powers, or the characters books...
Yes, it's listed under Shape-shifting.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 12:41 PM   #13
Tigrah2k

thank you all for your suggestions, and insights. Much appreciated.
Old 03-31-2019, 01:54 PM   #14
Tigrah2k

hmm.... Question... is there anything I should add to this that would allow for an alteration of his voice, too? Or is that a given?
Old 03-31-2019, 03:41 PM   #15
Anaraxes

Quote:
Shapeshifting (B83) has two sub-types: Morph (B84) and Alternate Form (B83). For changing appearance, likely all you want is Elastic Skin (B51).
Anaraxes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:47 PM   #16
Refplace

Quote:
hmm.... Question... is there anything I should add to this that would allow for an alteration of his voice, too? Or is that a given?
Its included
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 08:59 PM   #17
Culture20

But... if this is part of a cosmic power pool from modular abilities, then you’ll revert to original shape if you ever change the pool to no longer include the ability.
A cheat is to make your pool have a permanent morph affliction and self-afflict yourself with a new permanent form.
Culture20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 09:26 PM   #18
Apollonian

In this case, I think I would go for an Unusual Background [5] with a note that the character can a) buy the Zeroed advantage in play with character points, and b) spend 5 points to "reset" the Zeroed advantage and change his physical appearance and voice. (And other biological markers? Does he change his smell, gait, mannerisms, etc?)
Apollonian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 10:24 AM   #19
Tigrah2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
In this case, I think I would go for an Unusual Background [5] with a note that the character can a) buy the Zeroed advantage in play with character points, and b) spend 5 points to "reset" the Zeroed advantage and change his physical appearance and voice. (And other biological markers? Does he change his smell, gait, mannerisms, etc?)
I'd like to effectively alter all of his biometric markers. Retina, fingerprint, physical appearance (skin tone, features, eye/ hair color), the whole ball of wax, if possible.
Old 04-01-2019, 02:24 PM   #20
Refplace

Quote:
I'd like to effectively alter all of his biometric markers. Retina, fingerprint, physical appearance (skin tone, features, eye/ hair color), the whole ball of wax, if possible.
Morph is a complete change, look to Elastic Skin and Mimicry for more limited variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
Zeroed already assumes maintenance to maintain. I would not require anything beyond basic Zeroed to stay off the grid if you keep changing form.
Multiple Alternate Identities might be nice but that would require a Patron or enhancement to set up new ones.

Changing mannerisms would require Acting IMO.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
morph, shapeshifting