Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-04-2017, 11:21 PM   #1
Bacchian Lout

Default Stating F.E.A.R. characters

Hi, new member here. I know that FEAR's kinda of an old and dead series, but I really can't figure out how to stat the characters. So, here I am. I would like help statting the Point Man, Paxton Fettel and Alma Wade.
Bacchian Lout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 12:11 AM   #2
AOTA

Default Re: Stating F.E.A.R. characters

Not familiar with the game but looking at the WIKI page for it I would first suggest if you don't already have it get GURPS Monster Hunters. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/monsterhunters/

I think in those supplements you will find most everything you need for a game based on fighting supernatural monsters.
Mib#3477
Formally Bobzilla
GURPS Checker for Prime Directive
AOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2017, 10:07 AM   #3
Bacchian Lout

Default Re: Stating F.E.A.R. characters

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOTA View Post
Not familiar with the game but looking at the WIKI page for it I would first suggest if you don't already have it get GURPS Monster Hunters. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/books/monsterhunters/

I think in those supplements you will find most everything you need for a game based on fighting supernatural monsters.
Hi! Thank you for your response. Looking over the sourcebook you recommended, there is definitely somethings there, namely the Bioenhancement power set. Beyond that, there's still missing somethings. I suppose I should give a quick rundown of the characters shouldn't I?

First we have Alma Wade
  • Is a Ghost, brought back by what can only be described as a combination of her psionics and pure rage
  • Died at age 26
  • Was experimented on since age 3
  • Immensly powerful psionic
  • Even in a medically induced coma, Alma could still affect the world through her psionics
  • Telepathy: Alma can cause hallucinations seemingly at will, and speak directly to them without needing control or physically be in a location
  • Liquify - Alma can melt the flesh off of a target, likely related to her pyrokinetic abilities.
  • Manisfestations - Alma can summon fragile, hostile creatures in large swarms in both hallucinations and in reality.
  • Pyrokinesis
  • Mind Synchronization - Alma "sunchronized" with Fettel, granting him access to her thoughts and memories, as well as vice versa
  • Presumably has the same abilities as her sons
  • She also somehow impregnates herself by raping a man despite being a ghost
  • Mentally a child
  • Homocidal

the Point Man.
  • First son of Alma Wade, in extremely powerful psychic
  • Wanted by Armachan, a powerful corporation than can support a veritable army of mercenaries and clones.
  • 31/32 years old
  • Served in the US Army since 18
  • Former Special Forces Operative
  • Trained to duel-wield pistols, but uses assault rifles, shotguns, sub machine guns, snipers rifles, rocket launchers, particle launchers, nail drivers, laser rifles, grenades, riot shields, mines, knives, and unarmed combat throughout all three games
  • Kills roughly 500 genetically engineered super clone soldiers in the first game, and another 300-500 more in later games.
  • Can enter "Slo-Mo", ostensibly his only "psionic" talent. It's basically Bullet time.
  • In Slo-Mo the Point Man moves twice as fast while perceiving the world as moving 5 times slower
  • The Point Man can establish psychic links with certain corpses.
  • He's mute
  • Memory wiped after childhood
  • Repressed emotions, but not sadistic or callous
  • Suffers extreme hallucinations, both mental and real, due to his powers and his bond to his mother.

Finally we have Paxton Fettel, the Point Man's younger brother
  • Abused and experimented on since childhood
  • Technically dead after first game
  • Meant to be a psionic commander of clone soldiers, controlling roughly battalion size (1000 soldiers)
  • History of interaction with Alma
  • Technically a ghost: he can walk through walls, possess the bodies of living humans, fire blasts of psychic energy from his hands, gain access to his hosts' memories while possessing them, and even cause said hosts to explode at the molecular level. That said, Fettel can only stay in a body for a limited time due to said body exploding
  • Telekinesis: As a child, Fettel displayed the ability to a toy gun to levitate, move and shake his bed during nightmares to causing people's heads to violently explode. As a ghost, Fettel can suspend enemies in the air and create a "thunderclap" of energy powerful enough to kill whole groups of enemies. As a child he could move
  • Fettel can also establish psychic links with certain corpses.
  • Has the ability to dissolve into ash and vanish out of plain sight
  • Cannibal
  • Extremely Homocidal
Bacchian Lout is offline   Reply With Quote