Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2021, 09:51 AM   #811
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The third shift will be 40 hours from now, but otherwise I think that concludes the meeting.

Take your actions: these next few hours are important!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 10:53 AM   #812
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The third shift will be 40 hours from now, but otherwise I think that concludes the meeting.

Take your actions: these next few hours are important!
If it's only the next few hours, I'll dolly up a battery and get back to work. After work, I'll lie to Thibi with my officer ruse, and try to get the fake pills in.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 04:44 PM   #813
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica will be learning more about Nejora; she wants to know her skills and abilities, to use her in the future. She will be "on alert" regarding the gossip at her lunchtime "intel hub". Regarding her role in the ship, she will conduct her job as usual.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2021, 05:49 PM   #814
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Following the meeting, Daymar will catch some sleep before getting up early to make the swap with Nijothu.

(OOC: Based on ericthered's recent post on the subject, I think this timing is correct, let me know if I'm wrong).

He will bring Pothi with him, and plans to intercept Nijothu before he arrives at the Shield section mess. Pothi can collect him and take him to the Motive section mess, and Daymar will join up with Kivu.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 08:35 AM   #815
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

During the rest of the first shift, Pacifica gets some sleep, then wakes up to get to work. Breakfast reports a good deal of sabotage on the repairs to the hyperdrive core. There is a rumor of a female dreadstormer mind-controlling men after flirting with them. There are also reports about someone trying to poison the food in the shields section.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Following the meeting, Daymar will catch some sleep before getting up early to make the swap with Nijothu.

(OOC: Based on ericthered's recent post on the subject, I think this timing is correct, let me know if I'm wrong).
Daymar is currently working, and the target of before breakfast is about one hour before he gets off... Daymar will be working 16 hours today. The last 8 won't be that strenuous though.

Pothi is happy enough to head up to the shield section... I need some sort of skill to cover why "Nijothu" is looking for "Daymar" in the shield barracks, and a basic description of how the search is conducted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
If it's only the next few hours, I'll dolly up a battery and get back to work. After work, I'll lie to Thibi with my officer ruse, and try to get the fake pills in.
Thibi asks for the identity of the officer again, expresses skepticism, and lets Hua go.

Make your rolls to get in the mess.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 09:13 AM   #816
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Thibi asks for the identity of the officer again, expresses skepticism, and lets Hua go.

Make your rolls to get in the mess.
Recalling the two recent failures, Hua decides to make sure her Photorefraction works correctly by making sure it works in the bathroom.

Quote:
[554] 21-07-30 16:07:29 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 1 + 1 = 4 ... success
Now she heads on up to the Shields mess, and waits for an opportune time.
Quote:
[555] 21-07-30 16:10:58 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 6 + 3 = 10 ... success
[556] 21-07-30 16:11:41 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 2 + 1 = 4 ... success
And now to pick that blasted lock. You mentioned specifically to get in the mess so I'll pause in case something happens.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 04:55 PM   #817
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar is currently working, and the target of before breakfast is about one hour before he gets off... Daymar will be working 16 hours today. The last 8 won't be that strenuous though.

Pothi is happy enough to head up to the shield section... I need some sort of skill to cover why "Nijothu" is looking for "Daymar" in the shield barracks, and a basic description of how the search is conducted.
"Nijothu" (Daymar) will use Savoir-Faire (Military) to come up with a plausible reason for searching out "Daymar" in the shield barracks. He'll make this as straight-forward as possible, and just ask the first person he comes across to point him in Nijothu's direction.

[557] 21-07-30 23:53:30 CEST

Savoir-Faire (Military)

3d6 <= 15
1 + 4 + 3 = 8 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 05:36 PM   #818
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica keeps doing her job in the ship, as expected:

Pacifica (management):
3d6 <= 14
6 + 1 + 3 = 10 ... success.

Now that she is well-rested, she will invest her off-hours in learning more about Nejora; on the other hand, she will also try checking with the Nav-Chief if he requires help:

Savoir-Faire (Military):
3d6 <= 14
3 + 1 + 1 = 5 ... success.

Her plan is learning more about the current situation, especially about the presumably suspended re-supply operation, the poisoning plan countermeasures, Day’s section lockdown and the investigation regarding Hua’s “offense”.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 01:16 PM   #819
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Recalling the two recent failures, Hua decides to make sure her Photorefraction works correctly by making sure it works in the bathroom.

Now she heads on up to the Shields mess, and waits for an opportune time.

And now to pick that blasted lock. You mentioned specifically to get in the mess so I'll pause in case something happens.
With those rolls? Hua gets in just fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
"Nijothu" (Daymar) will use Savoir-Faire (Military) to come up with a plausible reason for searching out "Daymar" in the shield barracks. He'll make this as straight-forward as possible, and just ask the first person he comes across to point him in Nijothu's direction.
The man looks a little surprised at Daymar asking where Nijothu is, then looks at the uniform and sees the name tag is different. He points to the lockers.

Nijothu is tearing through his gear, looking for something.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2021, 03:29 PM   #820
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
With those rolls? Hua gets in just fine.
Alrighty then. Four lockpicking rolls at -4 before I assume something will happen.
Quote:
[560] 21-07-31 20:45:27 CEST
Lockpicking
3d6 <= 10
2 + 3 + 5 = 10 ... success
Well on one hand I messed up the multiple roll thing, but on the other hand I succeeded!

Swapping out the pills and heading back.
Quote:
[562] 21-07-31 21:37:53 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 1 = 8 ... success

[561] 21-07-31 21:37:41 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
2 + 5 + 6 = 13 ... success
Then to take it easy (and probably a nap) before getting ready to make the poison pills (and possibly case the prisons).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.