Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2020, 09:44 AM   #1
LoneWolf23k

Default [Banestorm] Fleshing out the Djinn Lands

So, one thing that's always puzzled me in the Banestorm setting, has been the Djinn Lands. The Mysterious land in the south-east of Ytarria ruled by "Djinn" who are actually powreful human mages, each with their own castle in a small high-mana area. Who actually turn out to be the vessels for Ascended Elven super-mages.

There's never been that much detail about what Djinn Land society is like, aside from the idea that the Djinn rule over a population of wandering tribesmen, in a manner that reminds me of the Goa'uld from the Stargate universe. Only somewhat nicer. We do find out the Djinn occasionally engage in proxy wars with each other, via their numerous tribal servants.

But I think this could use more fleshing out. For one thing, we don't have a single example of a named Djinn. For another, we don't get much information on the various tribes in service to the Djinn. So, let's riff on ideas for the Djinn Lands.

To get started, let's name a Djinn. Should the name be a composite of the Ascended One's name and the human host? Should the host simply adopt the Ascended One's name? Would the Ascended One even use it's original Elven name, or would it have adopted a new name to represent it's new state of being?
LoneWolf23k is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
banestorm, yrth