Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-21-2012, 05:31 PM   #1
JCurwen3

Default Regeneration (Radiation) - that Doesn't heal permanent rads

Regeneration has the modifiers Heals Radiation (+40%) and Radiation Only (-60%), both of which heal rads and remove even "permanent" rads.

Any thought or ruling on what it should be worth if it didn't heal the normally permanent "10% of the original dose [that] never heals" (p. B435)?

And I guess as an aside, what the cost should be if a character has a normal healing rate for radiation (no regen) but can heal all of it (no 10% permanent rads)?
Old 01-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #2
Anthony

Default Re: Regeneration (Radiation) - that Doesn't heal permanent rads

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3 View Post
Any thought or ruling on what it should be worth if it didn't heal the normally permanent "10% of the original dose [that] never heals" (p. B435)?
Not more than radiation tolerance 3 (15 points), since that would just reduce your dose to 10% immediately.
Quote:
And I guess as an aside, what the cost should be if a character has a normal healing rate for radiation (no regen) but can heal all of it (no 10% permanent rads)?
Probably I'd just go with 8 points (same as regeneration(slow)).
Anthony is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:39 PM   #3
Celti

Quote:
No idea on your other question, but this one I've charged as a Perk (usually with a little bonus tossed in besides), which seems eminently fair when Regeneration (Slow; Radiation Only) is only 4 points. Keep in mind that this does still include the thirty-day delay on radiation starting to heal — I'd charge another point to negate that too.
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 07:46 PM   #4
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Well, what your combo does is heal radiation 2x as fast ands skips the 30 day waiting period. That could be Rapid Healing (Radiation Only -60%) for 2 pts and I'd probably throw the no 30 day bit in for free just because the full Slow Regen (Rad Only) only costs 4 pts.

This really is a _lot_ less useful than the version that heals permanent Rads. What I'd probably really do is tell a player not to waste even a couiple of pts doing it.

Tags
healing, radiation, regeneration