Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 04-14-2019, 03:19 PM   #1
Engurrand

Default Power Blow Damage Listing

I'm looking for suggestions for how to precalculate Power Blow damage for various weapons and unarmed attacks. Ideally I'd like to be able to add a listing to the melee weapons table.

I've looked at creating a custom modifier to add either to skills (eg Karate) or to gear, but I couldn't wrap my head around it.

While looking it seemed like adding a listing to the dropdown menu in the quick edit box for 'calculate damage based on power-blow st' would be nice but again, that is beyond my ken.

The best I've managed was to duplicate a weapon, make it free, add "PW" to it's name and then in advanced edit mode add *2 next to the entry in the damagebasedon tag. This seems like a terrible hack.

How do other people do it?
Old 04-15-2019, 10:35 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: Power Blow Damage Listing

The problem is that damage done when NOT using Power Blow will be wrong any time you're not using it, if you make it part of the weapon; or wrong normally when you are using it.

It seems to me that two listings, one with and one without, is the most efficient way to handle it.

Tags
power blow