Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-17-2018, 04:57 AM   #1
Green-Neck

Default Help stat Queen Elizabeth of England.

Hi all,

I'm trying to stat Queen Elizabeth of England in 1941, age 15.
If anyone would like to critique my attempt, or try their own, I would be grateful.
The character will be played if one of the PC's dies during the campaign.
It's a largely realistic campaign with cinematic elements used with restraint - eg. vampires but no spells.

I'm more interested in a good description than pegging her to a set CP level.

Princess Elizabeth 'Lilibet' Windsor (122 points) Age 15; Human; 5'3"; 150

ST 8 [-20]; DX 11 [20]; IQ 12 [40]; HT 10 [0].

Damage 1d-3/1d-2; BL 13 lbs.; HP 10 [4]; Will 14 [10]; Per 12 [0]; FP 10 [0].

Basic Speed 5.25 [0]; Basic Move 5 [0]; Block 6 (DX); Dodge 8; Parry 8 (DX).

Social Background TL: 6 [0]. CF: Languages: Ancient Greek (Broken) [2]; English (Native) [0]; French (cultured) (Accented) [4]; German (Accented) [4]; Latin (Broken) [2]; Welsh (Accented) [4].

Advantages Military Rank 4 [20]; Status (+6) [20]; Wealth (Filthy Rich) [50].

Disadvantages Duty (British subjects) (9 or less (fairly often)) (Involuntary) [-10]; Enemy (Nazi Germany) (utterly formidable group) (9 or less) [-40]; Pacifism (Cannot Harm Innocents) [-10]. Quirks: Proud [-1].

Skills Acting-11 (IQ-1) [1]; Animal Handling (Equines)-12 (IQ+0) [2]; Area Knowledge (British Empire)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Current Affairs/TL6 (Europe)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Current Affairs/TL6 (High Culture)-12 (IQ+0) [1]; Diplomacy-11 (IQ-1) [2]; Guns/TL6 (Rifle)-11 (DX+0) [1]; Guns/TL6 (Shotgun)-11 (DX+0) [1]; History (British Constitutional Law)-12 (IQ+0) [4]; History (european)-11 (IQ-1) [2]; Literature-10 (IQ-2) [1]; Mathematics/TL6 (Applied)-11 (IQ-1) [2]; Savoir-Faire (High Society)-13 (IQ+1) [2]; Swimming-11 (HT+1) [2].

Thanks all.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:12 AM   #2
Ashtagon

Default Re: Help stat Queen Elizabeth of England.

The military rank would be courtesy at best. She may have some skill in driving too.
Ashtagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 05:14 AM   #3
Green-Neck

Yes I think you're right it should be Honorary rank.
I think her driving skills may have been acquired later in the war - perhaps 45.
I'll have to check.

Ta.
Old 09-17-2018, 05:44 AM   #4
Ashtagon

Also, I'd be surprised if her education didn't include classical Graeco-Roman history and some kind of objets dart appreciation.
Ashtagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:32 AM   #5
Donny Brook

I'm not convinced that at age 15 she rated IQ12 or Will 14.
Meanwhile the advanced age she has eventually attained and the persistent level and type of activity she has maintained suggest a better than average HT.
Donny Brook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 06:58 AM   #6
tbone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donny Brook View Post
Meanwhile the advanced age she has eventually attained and the persistent level and type of activity she has maintained suggest a better than average HT.
I was about to say the same: Going strong at 92, so maybe at least HT 11 as a youngster. (Access to the nation's best medical care since birth could easily explain it.)

I don't know how Wealth should work for someone like her. Filthy Rich in one sense, yes... but how much of that wealth is really hers, to spend as she likes? Can she, at age 15, go on a Filthy Rich spree on a whim, racking up automobiles and high fashion? I don't know. I'm just thinking that, maybe, she has more limited wealth that's at her discretion; the ability to splurge on (say) a Bentley or a summer cottage, with the approval of the money handlers, might more be an effect of Status. (Does that sound sensible?)

Twitter: @Gamesdiner | RSS: here ⬅︎ Updated RSS link | This forum: Site updates thread (occasionally updated)

(Latest goods on site: GLAIVE Mini levels up to v2.4. Update to melee weapon design tool, with more example weapons and commentary.)
tbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:05 AM   #7
JazzJedi

She can play the piano and should have a point or two in Connoisseur (Fine Art), Connoisseur (Classical Music), Connoisseur (Cuisine), and 2 points in Riding (Horse), as well as a point in Animal Handling (Horse). She was riding by age 6 and knows about training and breeding horses, even at 15.
JazzJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:08 AM   #8
JazzJedi

I would also give her Longevity
JazzJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #9
Pursuivant

Attributes: Reduce IQ to 11. She was a smart 15 year-old, but not an outstanding genius.

Possibly increase Will by 1 or 2.

Advantages:

Appearance (Attractive) - she wasn't bad looking in her youth.

Charisma 1 - She is noted for her strength of character, charm, and (private) sense of humor. She also rates as one of the most consistently admired members of the British royal family.

Heir (Crown Princess of Great Britain and the British Empire, Status 7, Multimillionaire 1)

Longevity - Not exactly relevant for a 15 yo girl, but it's clear that the Windsor women wear like iron.

Patron (King of England, 6-, Limited Intervention) - Daddy is strict and distant but good for the occasional favor.

Remove Military Rank, any Courtesy rank is covered by high Status.

Possibly add Common Sense.

Possibly add all manner of Allies, Contacts, and Favors in the form of important friends and dedicated personal servants.

If you want to get cinematic, possibly add Sensitive and Animal Friend (Limitation: Dogs and Equines Only)

Perk: Dabbler (Animal Handling (Dogs), Combat Sport/TL6 (Pistol), Combat Sport/TL6 (Rifle), Combat Sport/TL6 (Shotgun), Connoisseur (Fine Art), Gardening, Housekeeping, Theology (Anglican Christian))

Disadvantages:

Social Stigma (Second Class Citizen - Woman) - She's a royal, but since she's female, she's limited by the social and moral conventions of the day.

Social Stigma (Minor) - She's 15.

Code of Honor (Gentlewoman) - Similar to the Gentleman's code of honor, but includes "Keep a Stiff Upper Lip," "Maintain your virginity until marriage, remain faithful to your husband once married - and if you can't keep your liaisons discreet)," and "Always behave like a proper lady in public."

Possibly change Pacifism to "Reluctant Killer" - she was trained to shoot in self-defense.

Remove or reduce frequency of appearance for Enemy. By 1941, the Nazis weren't actively targeting the British royal family. They might have targeted royal palaces around London, but they weren't specifically aiming at the royal family. Elizabeth's increased risk of being attacked by Germans, political dissidents, etc. is covered by her Status. In any case, the Royal Navy, Royal Guards, and MI6 stood in the way of any assassination or kidnap attempts.

Skills: Add Area Knowledge (Royal palaces and grounds), Geography/TL6, Musical Instrument (Piano), Riding (Equines), Sport (Equestrian Sports).

Possibly Leadership at low level - she was trained to be queen once it became obvious she was heir to the throne.

Remove guns skills, they're covered by the Dabbler perk. It's highly unlikely that Elizabeth got the sort of serious, intense, realistic training which imparts actual Guns skill. (Although, when the war started, she was given rifle and pistol training along with the rest of the royal family.)

In 1945, when she joins the ATS, she gains ST: +1, IQ: +1, Courtesy Rank 2, Area Knowledge (UK), Driving (Automobiles), Driving (Trucks), Mechanic/TL (Automobiles), Navigation/TL (Land), and Savoir-Faire (Military). The last three skills might be covered by another version of the Dabbler perk.

If you want to get conspiratorial, she might have all sorts of Hidden Lore skills.

Languages:

Her language skills are a bit optimistic. It's likely that her spoken French, Welsh are at Broken levels, or at least slightly less fluent than "accented."

Last edited by Pursuivant; 09-17-2018 at 07:38 AM.
Pursuivant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 07:30 AM   #10
Pursuivant

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
I was about to say the same: Going strong at 92, so maybe at least HT 11 as a youngster. (Access to the nation's best medical care since birth could easily explain it.)
Possibly even HT 12 if she was/is memorably hardy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone View Post
I don't know how Wealth should work for someone like her. Filthy Rich in one sense, yes... but how much of that wealth is really hers, to spend as she likes?
My guess is "probably," but she's constrained by politics and her moral code, which - especially in wartime Great Britain - emphasizes pretending not to be filthy rich nobles. (The commoners tend to get in a pitchforks, torches, and guillotines mood if the royal family appears to be too out of touch with their subjects . . .)

If Princess Elizabeth wanted to get her hands on quick cash, or wanted to buy a car or a cottage, she could probably scare up enough money in personal jewelry and allowance to do it - even in 1941 Britain when such things were rare and often impressed by the military.
Pursuivant is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
queen elizabeth