Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-23-2022, 08:48 AM   #81
Varyon

Default Re: Our timeline gets parachronics in 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlKost View Post
I sometimes forget that in this forum Im talking with a bunch of engineers and physicists - I mean, it's obvious I wouldnt be able to get away with my comment without somebody doing the exact math of it hahaha
xkcd also explored a similar situation in one of their What If? entries - specifically, this one. That just looked at the effect on the source planet (Earth), rather than what would happen if Earth got all that water added from another planet.
Old 06-23-2022, 10:13 AM   #82
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Our timeline gets parachronics in 2022

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
...I bet we can come up with dozen campaign seeds based on this world*:

*I'm using the rough version of events I outlined for now.
Here is number 4 :

4) Kingmaker
Uwdale is just far away enough from the flashpoints of the world to avoid a direct military pretense, and just close enough that serious resources can be funneled into controlling it. The king is old, and has three sons who will push their claims as heir. Your job is to court their favor, influence their strategy, and install a king who will keep out the Russians, keep out the Chinese, and revoke the rights of aristocrats to execute peasants for burning breakfast.

You are not the only the team with this job: foreign powers have their own goals for Uwdale. With some luck, you may able to secure the kingdom as an ally without turning it into a proxy war. Or at least win the proxy war.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 06-23-2022 at 10:17 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
infinite worlds