Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-02-2019, 01:49 PM   #21
fula farbrorn

Default Re: Military Vehicle Stats?

Dont worry, i got a lot of time on my hands, which tank do you need the most right now ?
fula farbrorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:56 PM   #22
Phantasm

I'd be more interested in the Desert Storm through modern Middle East deployment vehicles: the Fast Attack Vehicle/Desert Patrol Vehicle and its successor Light Strike Vehicle (the armed dune buggy), M1 Abrams, M2/M3 Bradley, the AAV7 Amphibious Assault Vehicle, M109 Paladin SPG, M270 MLRS, M142 HIMARS, and the whole family of 4x4, 6x6, 8x8, and 10x10 LAVs (the largest of which can mount 120mm tank guns). We can skip the Humvee models, as that's covered in HT.

Oh, and let's not forget the M274 Mule. Had to drive one once or twice during my time in the early '90s, during the times I was loaned to one of the Army units on the multi-service support base I served most of my time at. (They were officially phased out, but even in '91 they had more than a few still being used until they wore out completely.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 04-02-2019 at 04:48 PM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 09:19 AM   #23
Racer

Would like to see an automatic firing M777 mounted on it's proposed 8 wheeled Transport Vehicle , as shown on Future Weapons ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M777_howitzer

Any Howitzer that can fire it's own six shot barrage is bloody awesome in my book !

Upgraded Challenger 2 LEP with an improved HAAIP compliant power pack , would also be fantastic .

Putin's new toy , the T-14 Armata looks scary - especially with it's remote controlled/computer controlled Machine Gun Turrets . It wouldn't look that out of place on a Car Wars: Tanks battlefield , to be honest .
Old 04-03-2019, 10:07 AM   #24
Black Leviathan

I'd really like a good representation of the M1 tanks. M1 Abrams, M1E1, M1E2. Even just one of these would be good. I imagine it would work well for a Desert Storm game as well.
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 11:18 AM   #25
clu2415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Would like to see an automatic firing M777 mounted on it's proposed 8 wheeled Transport Vehicle , as shown on Future Weapons ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/M777_howitzer

Any Howitzer that can fire it's own six shot barrage is bloody awesome in my book !

Upgraded Challenger 2 LEP with an improved HAAIP compliant power pack , would also be fantastic .

Putin's new toy , the T-14 Armata looks scary - especially with it's remote controlled/computer controlled Machine Gun Turrets . It wouldn't look that out of place on a Car Wars: Tanks battlefield , to be honest .
The German Pzh 2000 has been fielded since 1998. It can fire three rounds in nine seconds, can maintain a sustained rate of 10 rounds per minute, and can fire five rounds on varying trajectories that impact at the same time.

A 155mm gun has a lot of recoil and wheels don’t make for a very stable firing platform. Firing rounds rapidly makes for even less stability.
clu2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2019, 01:21 PM   #26
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
I'd really like a good representation of the M1 tanks. M1 Abrams, M1E1, M1E2. Even just one of these would be good. I imagine it would work well for a Desert Storm game as well.
In 3e books the example MBT in Ve2 is said to actually be the M1A3.

Gurps stats may not be truly fine grained enough to show significant differences between different models.
Old 04-03-2019, 03:43 PM   #27
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clu2415 View Post
The German Pzh 2000 has been fielded since 1998. It can fire three rounds in nine seconds, can maintain a sustained rate of 10 rounds per minute, and can fire five rounds on varying trajectories that impact at the same time.

A 155mm gun has a lot of recoil and wheels don’t make for a very stable firing platform. Firing rounds rapidly makes for even less stability.
The graphics for the M777 Transport show it deployed off the back/top with recoil stabilizing mounts & then gathered back up after firing . Transport then relocates to another position to avoid counterbattery fire , missiles or ground attack aircraft . It's a while since I saw it , but I'll try to find the clip .
Old 04-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #28
clu2415

Is the M777 Portee what you saw?
clu2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2019, 05:19 AM   #29
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clu2415 View Post
Is the M777 Portee what you saw?
Yes that's the one . Hadn't realized it had been cancelled - a great pity ...
It does look so bloody cool though !
Old 04-05-2019, 06:12 PM   #30
fula farbrorn

This is a preliminary listing for the M1 abrams, i will finish it later this weekend

TL: 7
Vehicle: M1 Abrams
ST/HP: 198
Hnd/SR: -3/5
HT: 10x
Move: 1/36
LWt.: 60
Load: Unsure to be honest so leaving this blank
SM: +5
Occ: 4
DR: 2234/261*
Range: 275 Miles
Cost: $4.3M
Loc.: 2CTX
Notes:

The M1 abrams is the second turbine operated tank to ever be created. it offers good protection and heavy armament at discount prices compared to the XM70.

The gunner rides in the turret with the main armament: a
stabilized 105mm M68 tank gun (p. 141) with 55 rounds, The loader has easy access to the first 44 rounds, stored in the back of the turret behind blast doors that open and then automatically close.
A M240 (M240E1 for a USMC M1) machine gun (see FN MAG, p. 134-135)
with 11400 rounds is mounted coaxially, and two sixshot smoke dischargers faces the turret front.

Most of the top of the tank has DR 105. Underbody armor provides DR 88 except under the Fuel tanks, which has DR 105.
The turret Front is complicated consisting of 3 main parts a DR 121 plate backed up by a DR 1655 NERA block (treat as Laminated until better rules* and a final plate at the rear 322 for a total of 2098 and finally the sides have DR 261, DR 82 of that is the hull 179 is the special composite side skirts treat them as Laminated, they only cover the front 1/3 of the tank the rear 2/3 only have DR 82 from the hull and DR 16 from the side skirts treat them as spaced, The front has DR 2234 and just like the turret consists of 3 elements DR 137 plate a DR 1655 NERA block and a DR 442 plate at the back

Last edited by fula farbrorn; 04-05-2019 at 06:26 PM.
fula farbrorn is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cars, vehicles