Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 09-25-2016, 07:57 PM   #11
mook

Default Re: Military Vehicle Stats?

Since I don't use crunchy stats for vehicles in my games and have no connection to the creation of the material, I'm simply washing my hands of it and pretending I never posted here.

Thanks for the heads up, Perfect Organism. Maybe host on Google Docs or something, if you still want it available to the wider community.
mook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #12
Black Leviathan

I'm not hoping to practice necromancy here. Just it's been some time I'd I haven't kept up with recent publications of the Vehicle Books or similar supplements and I'm looking for 90's era military vehicle stats. Do we have any 4th edition publications with recent era tanks or Light armored vehicles?
Black Leviathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2019, 05:36 PM   #13
Fred Brackin

[QUOTE=Black Leviathan;2252396. Do we have any 4th edition publications with recent era tanks or Light armored vehicles?[/QUOTE]

Do you mean like a T-72? That's in High Tech with some Cold war era armored cars too. The Panzer-IV and the Sherman were also in HT. Quite a bit of Vietnam-era stuff in Seals in Vietnam .pdf.

There's a Russian helicopter in Pyramid 3-57 by Hans too.
Old 04-01-2019, 06:11 AM   #14
Phantasm

Still, when folks nowadays say "military vehicles", it seems they're looking not at the Russian T-72 but the M1 Abrams, M2 Bradley, and the 8×8 LAVs used today, among other contemporary vehicles. The HMMVW and the M113 APC seem to be the only contemporary Western military vehicles in HT, and the M113 is effectively ancient (it was considered practically obsolete when I served in '90-'92).

There are also no real stats I've seen for the Blackhawk, Warthog, Raptor, and other contemporary aircraft. I think one of those got into a Pyramid, tho I can't be sure.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 07:37 AM   #15
clu2415

Chainlink and Concrete has stats for the M113, M2/M3 Bradley, M24 Chaffee, and Command and Conquer’s stealth tank. The vehicle pages also give an idea how he comes up with the GURPS stats.
clu2415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2019, 12:06 PM   #16
Black Leviathan

I'm after US Main Battle Tanks, The T80 & T90, that weird AA gun that you used to see all the time in 80's movies about Russians that has the 4 autocannons and the massive radar assembly. I'd like stats on the Kamaz cargo trucks or Soviet Block version of the 5-ton truck. I sort of want those Fast Attack dune buggies the Army had in all of their recruitment videos that you never see anymore. I'd like stats for those armored Land Rover Avengers British soldiers rode around in during the first Desert Storm.
Old 04-01-2019, 05:57 PM   #17
Þorkell
Icelandic - Approach With Caution

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Leviathan View Post
that weird AA gun that you used to see all the time in 80's movies about Russians that has the 4 autocannons and the massive radar assembly.
The ZSU-23-4 Shilka?

Viking kittens | My photos | More of my photos
Þorkell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 03:23 AM   #18
fula farbrorn

If you aren't in a hurry, I can stat up some of those for you later this week, just tell me which one you would want first, also got the wiesel and some other ones already finished
fula farbrorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2019, 01:16 PM   #19
Black Leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Þorkell View Post
The ZSU-23-4 Shilka?
That is exactly the one I was thinking of. Tanks a lot! Big Russian AA tank thing with 4 autocannons doesn't Google very well.
Old 04-02-2019, 01:18 PM   #20
Black Leviathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fula farbrorn View Post
If you aren't in a hurry, I can stat up some of those for you later this week, just tell me which one you would want first, also got the wiesel and some other ones already finished
Don't go to trouble on my account but if you're wanting to stat Cold War military vehicles I'd love it if you started with the US tanks. I've got the T72 and a fair T90. I figure I can get the T80 between them.

Tags
cars, vehicles