Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-09-2016, 01:15 AM   #21
Tallor

Default Re: Teddy Bear Racial Template

Quote:
Originally Posted by roguebfl View Post
In should also have Immunity to Metabolic Hazards, Injury Tolerance (No Blood) Doesn't Breath, Pressure Support 3, Sealed, and Vacuum Support
I'd say no to Pressure Support, Sealed, and Vacuum Support. It may be inanimate, but it would still get squished in high pressure or poofed in space.

And for Sealed well... teddy bears do absorb a lot of things over time.
Tallor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 01:16 AM   #22
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantasm View Post
Also Doesn't Eat or Drink should be on the template as well.

To balance this out, I can see a serious ST penalty; all that fluff with no endoskeleton or exoskeleton is going to result in a teddy bear that can't lift much and hits like a pillow.
Invertebrate [-20] would work pretty well, since teddies can also fit into tight spots if they needed to!
Old 08-09-2016, 01:21 AM   #23
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvalero View Post
If Teddy can only alternate between fixed "professions" such as Teddy Medic, Teddy Sheriff, Teddy Detective, Teddy Journalist and Super Teddy then the most convenient way to simulate it is with Alternate Forms. This simulates better an imaginative child who, when playing with Teddy, he assings the bear the same powers when it is Super Teddy ( and so on with the rest of roles)
This is actually an amazing use of imagination.

Don't forget the version with Leadership, Politics, and Survival... Teddy Roosevelt.
Old 08-09-2016, 05:37 AM   #24
robkelk
Untitled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
This is actually an amazing use of imagination.

Don't forget the version with Leadership, Politics, and Survival... Teddy Roosevelt.
Wasn't he the one who the bears were named after in the first place?
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 03:08 PM   #25
Tallor

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Wasn't he the one who the bears were named after in the first place?
That's the joke, folks!
Old 08-09-2016, 03:36 PM   #26
roguebfl
Dog of Lysdexics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tallor View Post
I'd say no to Pressure Support, Sealed, and Vacuum Support. It may be inanimate, but it would still get squished in high pressure or poofed in space.

And for Sealed well... teddy bears do absorb a lot of things over time.
But it would not be Damaged by the pressure difference.
roguebfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2016, 04:50 PM   #27
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
Not worked out but conceptually, how about the power of Make-Believe/Let's Pretend (a form of Alternative Abilities with the limitations: only accessible in the presence of a child [not an adolescent] and requires one or more props)?

For example, if a child were to tie a cape (dish towel) around the teddy bear's neck, it would gain suitable powers, depending on the child's imagination. In this case, Enhanced Strength, Lifting ST, Enhanced Move, some DR with the Armoured enhancement, probably Flight and/or some form of super-speed. It might have additional powers as well. (Call it "Super-Teddy and it can make a targeted slam/flying jump kick attack against the head from the rear, a la Lynn Johnson's For Better or For Worse.) If the cape is lost during battle (it has to be completely removed; it still works if there's only a small amount left as long as it remains tied about the neck) or if the child leaves the area (generally determined by line of sight), the powers are immediately lost.

As another example, if the child placed a cowboy hat on the teddy bear's head and strapped on a toy gun belt with cap revolvers, the teddy bear would gain the Gunslinger advantage and Guns! skill. If the hat is knocked off, it loses the advantage and skill, but if the roll of caps runs out, it is "out of ammo" until it can "reload" but can fight, possibly gaining Brawling, Boxing, Wrestling or some combination of those skills.
So, I created this as Morph and I felt because it was such a cool idea I'd share. Thanks againm the player loved this power.

Quote:
Make Believe: Morph (150 points pool; Cannot Memorize Forms, -50%; Immediate Preparation Required, 1 minute, -30%; Needs Sample, Must be dressed by someone else up as a recognizable outfit, -50%; Occupational Shifting, +0%) [170]. 170 points.

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
template