Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-13-2015, 01:42 PM   #1
WolfInSheepsClothing

Default [IC] Kept 4 Dead

Scene 1 - Introductions in a Box

The persistent drip-drop of the of the passing cold front was actually quite comforting; if not for the aromatic stench of urine and feces, Anne Rightly would have imagined herself back at her brother's machine shop smoking cigs and talking about women.

But crammed here, in this shipping container, with these people she didn't trust, hiding from all the crazies out side, the best she could do was to focus on the introductions of her new box-mates.
WolfInSheepsClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 02:29 PM   #2
Poonbahbah

Default Re: [IC] Kept 4 Dead

Standing over his neatly piled up arms and armor as far from the mess as he can manage Tim says, "I think it's about time we got out of here. Before we all come down with something in this filth. Hopefully there isn't a horde of them outside. But we can't stay here much longer." He's also anxious to see Bluejay*.

OOC
At least I'm going with he left Bluejay to fend for himself from the containers entrance because trying to fit a horse in a container for any length of time with no feed would of made the situation worse quicker. If that's alright with you Wolf.
Old 08-14-2015, 05:42 PM   #3
LemmingLord

Denton paces in what remains of his elegant dress in the small quarters of the transport container. With his makeup long removed, his gender is effeminate, but as he's speaking with a deeper voice than he was as Queen of the Ren Fair, it is clear he's happy to be called a he just now.

"That's it... We are out of space, out of patience and now I'm out of wet wipes. It has been days... Those... ", Denton can hardly ponder what to call the zombies. The word zombies is fictitious...comical... and doesn't describe the terribleness.. the grittiness.. the disgusting situation that the group finds itself...

"Those 'things' aren't very bright... We are. We have civilization and teamwork.. We are tough. We are strong. But we aren't going to stay that way. We are hungry... We are thirsty... We are tired. We stink. Lets talk about our next move... we need to make it. One more time on our intros...I'll start..."

"I'm Denton... I'm a runner. I have a tazer which may or may not work on these things..." Denton trails off," I'm a city girl... man... Whatever we decide to do, we need to stay in teams.. We are in this together... in this #($T together... I won't run out on you."

"Brigitte, you are the one with the military experience. What did your basic training... and manuals say we should do in the wild... with mindless beasts all around... What do we do?"

"Tim, your our knight of quality... What do you suggest we do about these beasts... they look like our friends... but they aren't human anymore.... are they?"

"And Elv...." Denton pauses, "Mr. Presley.. what do you think we should do?"

Last edited by LemmingLord; 08-14-2015 at 07:51 PM.
LemmingLord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 10:22 AM   #4
Skullcrusher

Aaron looks sideways at Denton...knowing he is a man and wasnt really a woman...twitching and swaggering as he often does Aaron says to Denton ,"Man you are one strange cat...Names Aaron...Aaron King I told ya" he takes out his 12 gauge he affectionately calls 'Cilla that he luckily grabbed from his Harely when it all went down."...well Cila and I are ready for anything you just lead the way I will try to make it to my hog and lead them away."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 08-19-2015 at 06:12 AM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poonbahbah View Post
OOC
At least I'm going with he left Bluejay to fend for himself from the containers entrance because trying to fit a horse in a container for any length of time with no feed would of made the situation worse quicker. If that's alright with you Wolf.
[OOC] Bluejay is currently off-stage, but conveniently located in a trailer fit with feed. We can rp retrieval if you wish, or just consider it a triviality.
I'll give Brigette a chance to post, her player just got back from a nice run.
WolfInSheepsClothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 06:20 AM   #6
Nenette

Brigitte is feeling light-headed, she is hungry yet it is certain that she wouldn't be able to eat anything with the stench in this confined environment. How could she let herself get trapped in this rat-hole ? Only one exit, no visibility, they are in a very bad position.

She looks around at her companions, they don't look in bad shapes, they might be able to work something out together.

That woman, or man, stands up and starts trying to motivate the troops. That is good, Brigitte really does not feel like having to do that herself.

The woman asked for her advice, Brigitte feels that if she opens her mouth she is going to vomit, which is not going to improve the sanitary situation.

Brigitte tries to speak and gags. She inhales slowly and whispers "Well, we did not learn much about fighting zombies in boot camp. I mean, that is what they are right ? Whatever in the hell happened to these people they surely fit the definition of zombies".

She gags again and tries to breath as little as she can through her nostrils "But one sure thing we need to get out. Also, we should keep our voices down. We can assume that they retained the main human faculties and use mainly the sense of hearing and sight. This means we have to be really quiet. I think for now what is important is to have visibility. Perhaps one or two of us can venture out and get a grasp on the situation out there. Then we can make plans."

Brigitte leans her head against the door of the container, trying to hear sounds. She whispers again "It sounds so quiet ... I can hear birds, and some shuffling but I don't think it is too close to the door".

She removes her noisy viking jewelry and belt as well as the heavy linen apron dress, remaining with trousers, a tee shirt and medieval boots. "Ok, who wants to go with me ? make sure you are as light and stealthy as possible".

Last edited by Nenette; 08-17-2015 at 07:51 AM.
Nenette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 AM   #7
Skullcrusher

Aaron says,"I'll go with you little lady. Can't say much about being quiet...Cilla makes a heck of a racket." as he pats his shotgun. "I could use the Colonel...."as he puts his shotgun back in its sheath on his back and draws his axe handle from its place next to it."He ain't cracked skulls in a while...he is getting a bit anxious to do so."

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer

Last edited by Skullcrusher; 08-19-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 09:24 AM   #8
Poonbahbah

I'm not particularly stealthy and I wouldn't want to leave my armor behind to stay light so I guess I'll stay here.
Old 08-22-2015, 02:11 PM   #9
LemmingLord

Delton listens thoughtfully, his hands behind his back.

"What I'm hearing is that we are splitting into two groups.. Brigitte and Aaron have volunteered to scout out the area carefully... quietly... Brigitte knows what we need here... to find out where threats are, find fresh water, find fresh food, and options for new housing... oh... and if you can find size 9 sneakers.. that would be good for me... does anyone else need better shoes? Aaron.. remember to be careful with your guns.. we don't know when we will get more ammunition.. and it will alert any zombies that may still be out there. We need you to get back and we need you to come back without bringing the baddies to us. If you aren't sure, follow Brigitte's lead.. She sounds like she knows what she's doing in a soldier way."

Delton still didn't like using the word zombie, but if Aaron is using the word, it would make Delton look weak NOT to.

"Timothy... did you want them to check out the welfare of your warhorse on this first trip?"
Old 08-26-2015, 02:58 AM   #10
Poonbahbah

"They can if they want to," Tim replies to Delton.

Addressing King and Brigitte he adds, "But don't get to close to him. He doesn't like strangers and he bites." He goes on to give them directions to the stables, or wherever Blue Jay is penned up.

Tags
gurps 4e, l4d, zombies