Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-15-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
Rowan

Default Quick and Dirty Planetary System Generation?

Anyone know of a table or a method to make planetary system generation stamped down into making a small handful of roles? I'm thinking of putting together a space setting, with aspects of real tech, and safe tech flavors so far. I'm going back to the old setting I hashed out a few months back. Where mostly some super science reaction drives (like fusion torch) with FTL achieved through STL ships carrying the materials to make connecting star gates. I'm putting it at 'mature' TL 9, just on the cusp of very early TL10.

No energy weapons perse. No handhelds at least.. lots of ray gun controls for those are are around, and 'eventually' experimental warp ships much much later in the campaign.

However, I'm afraid with warpships the tendancy to hop to just go to the second star to the right and straight on till morning may leave me at a lost to 'explain' what's found there. So I was hoping for an easy way to condense the star/system generation rules in gurps SPACE into something I can use to generate a system in a few minutes.

Any ideas? Possible, impossible?

Tags
space, system generation