Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 11-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #111
platimus

Default Re: TFT Map Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadekeep View Post
Certainly, and thanks for the suggestion! Again, if I find a way of doing it, I'm happy to implement it. And I was thinking that it would have to be another draw layer, as you point out. Who knows, inspiration may indeed strike!
I was thinking about this some more. I pretty much agree with the sentiments about not including free-hand drawing stuff as other image manipulation programs will be better suited for that sort of thing. However, I was thinking this second draw layer approach would be a good approach for the secret door and other annotations. When the map is saved as an image, just merge those layers together. The commands that draw the annotations could be saved in the map data-file and redrawn when a data file is loaded. This is the approach I was thinking of for the free-hand stuff but nixing that, it should work for annotations as well. There could be a better approach though. Just throwing out ideas.
Old 11-29-2018, 07:58 PM   #112
Shadekeep

Just about ready to release the first official version. Made a few more tweaks and added a Random Map feature. If anyone has feedback on that it would be great, and once that's stable I'll push out 1.0, including the standalone code.

That URL again:

http://www.shadekeep.com/shamat/shamat.html

Thanks!
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 09:51 AM   #113
Shadekeep

And one more tweak - the new Random Map can be in Colour or black-and-white print-friendly Monochrome.
Old 12-01-2018, 08:03 AM   #114
DarkPumpkin

Is it possible to Save Image in higher res?
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 01:30 PM   #115
ParadoxGames

Shadkeep, I still love your app. It is a real asset to the tft community. The new monochrome feature will be a good ink-saver. Yuo recently joined the Discord server but I am bad with names and don't know your Discord handle. If you can help me I'd be grateful!

Tollenkar
Old 12-03-2018, 07:09 AM   #116
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkPumpkin View Post
Is it possible to Save Image in higher res?
Yes. It's counter-intuitive at the moment, but the scaling of the map affects the output image size. So for a larger image, move the hex slider up. I'll see if I can add a step to the image save that gives you a dialog where you can set that instead. Otherwise it's not very obvious, as you've discovered. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParadoxGames View Post
Shadkeep, I still love your app. It is a real asset to the tft community. The new monochrome feature will be a good ink-saver. Yuo recently joined the Discord server but I am bad with names and don't know your Discord handle. If you can help me I'd be grateful!

Tollenkar
Yes, I'm Dr Lab Rat on there. Haven't been on in a while, but hope to pop my head in again soon!
Old 12-03-2018, 07:40 AM   #117
Celjabba

Amazing tool !
Simple, easy to use, perfect for a quick hex map.

Thanks a lot !

The only feature I may suggest would be another layer like the terrains one named "labels" with the features being letters from A to Z and/or numbers from 0 to 9. (or a subset)
Celjabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 07:44 AM   #118
Shadekeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celjabba View Post
The only feature I may suggest would be another layer like the terrains one named "labels" with the features being letters from A to Z and/or numbers from 0 to 9. (or a subset)
Thanks! And I do have an annotation tool in the works that does that, but it's a bit tricky getting the font consistent across platforms. If I can get it into the initial release I will, though!
Old 12-04-2018, 07:35 AM   #119
DarkPumpkin

Quote:
Yes. It's counter-intuitive at the moment, but the scaling of the map affects the output image size. So for a larger image, move the hex slider up. I'll see if I can add a step to the image save that gives you a dialog where you can set that instead. Otherwise it's not very obvious, as you've discovered. ^_^
Thanks, I worked it out. Cheers for your work, this is brilliant.
DarkPumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #120
platimus

Quote:
Yes. It's counter-intuitive at the moment, but the scaling of the map affects the output image size. So for a larger image, move the hex slider up.
I can't find a "hex-slider". Do you mean the zoom slider? Thanks in advance.