Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Miniatures

Old 03-08-2023, 12:51 PM   #1
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Default CARnage Prints

First, the good.
Four cars! Three were 100%, one was 98%!
Here is my 3d Printed Spark with the original miniature for comparison. I think there is more detail on the 3d printed version.

Then the bad.
This is hard to see, but the turret on the right, while it has all four feet, they are all very thin and warped, and the turret bed is curved/curled due to insufficient support--this was the officially supported turret. The turret on the left was the one I had Lychee support and, well it forgot to support one of the feet, but, it was supported at a 30° angle and came out, otherwise perfectly.

And finally--the Awesome!

To give a better idea, here is my gorilla hand!

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 03-08-2023 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Added my hand to the picture.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2023, 05:00 PM   #2
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Default Re: CARnage Prints

I replaced my build plate because the Wham-Bam flexible build plate is not worth the money. It's about four-times as much work as it should be. If I don't sand the surface after every print, I lose bed adhesion. So, to the box with you--backup build-plate installed.

So, for my next magical trick, I'll give the Butcher the embiggening treatment. Bobb kicked my booty with that thing a couple of times, and I know he loves its chonky looks.

It's been hollowed out. As soon as the cars I'm printing now are done (Bobb rebuilt our Herkimer Battle Jitney from our Infinite Weirdos game for Car Wars scale, and it's getting printed!) in a few hours. I'll refill my resin and let this run overnight! It should be done by (my) morning, to get washed, cleaned and cured.
Old 03-10-2023, 12:53 PM   #3
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Using my own supports, I got two turrets and a machine gun to print beautifully.

Here's The Dagger and the Infinite Weirdos' Herkimer Battle Jitney. That's a model Bobb modified into looking like the Herkimer when one of our players dubbed it that.

And moar awesome! A 10-hour print for a figure-scale Butcher.

[ETA, because I was asked in Discord]
For those interested in knowing, the Butcher is hollow, and is just shy of 155ml of Resin. The resin I use is $25 USD a liter, so it comes out to just shy of $3.90 USD. I'm not looking to sell any of these, but for those of you wondering if 3d printing is worth it from an investment perspective.

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 03-10-2023 at 02:44 PM. Reason: Added pricing information
Old 03-13-2023, 02:44 PM   #4
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

I found this little car from Papsikels on MyMiniFactory, and thought, "you know, that just needs some guns and it could be a Killer Kart!"

I liked the idea of having to get out of the car to reload your guns.

"Never get out of the car."

[ETA]
When throwing the above picture into the slicer, I saw how big it was going to be so, I had to resize it, to be closer to Car Wars scale.

Spark, for comparison.

Last edited by Mark Skarr; 03-13-2023 at 02:53 PM.
Old 03-13-2023, 03:51 PM   #5
Worldwalker

Great prints, especially the embiggened one. A figure-scale CW game would be an awesome convention demo. I can't wait to see how that looks painted; you can get so much detail on there.

I'll take a further look at those problematic turrets.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2023, 07:37 PM   #6
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
I'll take a further look at those problematic turrets.
Awesome possum! Just want everyone to have the best-possible experience with the files.

There are those who said it couldn't be done.
There are those who said it shouldn't be done.
I did it anyway!

And now, there are those asking why?

And, because it's funny . . ..