Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 05-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #71
Bruno

Default Re: GURPS Power-Ups 4: Enhancements

I would definitely pay for this short format list, and I would definitely pay the estimated $25-30 for the long-format list (although I also understand that SJG may not be able to risk low sales on the $25-30 range one.)
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #72
Kuroshima
MIB
Pyramid Contributor
Mad Spaniard Rules Lawyer

Location: The ASS of the world, mainly Valencia, Spain (Europe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I would definitely pay for this short format list, and I would definitely pay the estimated $25-30 for the long-format list (although I also understand that SJG may not be able to risk low sales on the $25-30 range one.)
same here!
My stuff on e23
Kuroshima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:17 AM   #73
SCAR

And while wanting to support SJG is a good principle, it seems unlikely that this sort of list (in long or short form) will be release any time soon (by which I'd estimate at least a year or 2).

I base this on:
PK's own statements on the scale of the task, the pricing scale of e23 items, the general statements on production of 'Compendiums' (which is essentially what this would be), and the current backlog of GURPS items already in the production queue.

I've compiled this list (among other things) for my own purposes, if it doesn't step on SJG's toes with regards their own intentions to publish, or posting too much details, then I can share it.

If you'd rather wait for an 'official' product, then I'll go back to my own projects.
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:48 AM   #74
Jerander

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCAR View Post
I've compiled this list (among other things) for my own purposes, if it doesn't step on SJG's toes with regards their own intentions to publish, or posting too much details, then I can share it.

If you'd rather wait for an 'official' product, then I'll go back to my own projects.
I'd love to see such a list, official or not (assuming SJG allows). Putting it together is something I've considered doing...
Jerander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #75
Langy

I'd love it, too. Probably good to have as a stickied thread, similar to the 'Templates' thread. The actual advantages/disadvantages should also have their page numbers listed, too, though.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:01 AM   #76
SCAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langy View Post
I'd love it, too. Probably good to have as a stickied thread, similar to the 'Templates' thread. The actual advantages/disadvantages should also have their page numbers listed, too, though.
The special modifiers are (almost) always listed alongside a reference to the advantages; so the modifiers for Chameleon are on B41 and P43 - so those are the page references for the advantage - I see no real point in listing:
Chameleon, [B41,P43]: Controllable, +20%, [P43]; Dynamic, +40%, [P43]; Extended, +20%/sense after first, [B41]; Always On, -10%, [B41];
since (to my mind) that clutters the reference.

Where there are no special modifiers in Basic (such as for Catfall, which has 2 new modifiers in Powers) - a page reference to the page in Basic might be appropriate.

Note also, I use a set of abbreviations for all the books, although 4e did away with those for all but the Basic set really!
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #77
dataweaver

At least part of the difficulty in getting it published comes from the effort involved in compiling the list. I'm thinking of the Skill Categories product, which started out as a fan's compilation and ended up getting published due to popular demand.

Of course, such a product would need to be thoroughly "playtested" (i.e., fact-checked) before publication; but that, too, could be done by fans once sjgames gives the OK — either through the playtest process or by letting it be put out in the open for a while.

The real issue, as I see it, is the cost associated with the layout and other preparations. It may be that Skill Categories and Spell Lists were learning experiences for sjgames and that they won't be repeated.
dataweaver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enhancements, power-up