Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-03-2021, 11:49 AM   #1
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Nordlond Bestiary now with Foundry VTT Support option!

Gaming Ballistic is THRILLED to announce that - with SJGames' encouragement - the Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies book will receive Foundry VTT support.

Over a hundred tokens, player-facing art, and drag-and-play stats as part of the GURPS Game Aid (Unofficial) on Foundry

The VTT Pack now includes this content as part of your add-on.

The Pack also includes links to the PDF so that if you want to check the lore, or look up some details, and have uploaded your PDF to the Foundry Library, it links up and displays it for quick reference

Here's a video by the creators showing the concepts, the game aid, and a poor PC getting killed by a troll.

Gaming Ballistic's Nordlond Bestiary and Enemies Compendium for Foundry

The VTT pack can be added to any pledge that includes the PDF, and is already part of many pledge levels

Here's the full announcement on my blog.

Nordlond Bestiary VTT Pack Add-On Gets Foundry VTT Support!
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
Farmer

Default Re: Nordlond Bestiary now with Foundry VTT Support option!

This is awesome! I think it's exactly what those who mentioned VTT support were hoping could happen!
All losses are restored and sorrows end."
Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 01:27 PM   #3
Refplace

Yeah, still not sure about the need or label of "Official Support" but this is great news for Foundry and even other VTT users. I hope those clamoring for official VTT jump on board to show its worth pursuing.
I have mostly used Roll20 (as a player) but tested Foundry a few times and its really good; hope to have a campaign in it sometime.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 04:13 PM   #4
DouglasCole

This came up on Reddit, but it's worth repeating.

If your pledge doesn't already include the VTT Pack, you can "add it" by adding $15 to your pledge so long as your pledge level includes at least the PDF of the Bestiary.

I've tried to anticipate likely "upgrades," so check out which pledge levels already include it explicitly, and list it in the "INCLUDES:" details of the pledge level description.

These levels below explicitly include the VTT package:
  • All New PDFs - Book, QR, VTT ($50) - Digital only reward.
  • Copy of Nordlond Starter + QR/VTT PDFs ($70) - Digital only
  • International New: Book + New PDFs ($80) - Physical and PDF Bestiary, QR PDF, VTT PDF. The Bestiary, the Quick-Reference 'print your own' file, and the VTT Pack are the "new" part of "international new." Despite the name, you may certainly get this if you're in the USA.
  • Bestiary, Cards, and VTT Bundle ($100) - Physical Bestiary and Cards, PDF Bestiary, QR cards, and VTT Pack

Due to an oversight on my part, when I added the VTT Pack to the Kickstarter before it launched, I forgot to plus-up some of the higher-tier pledges to include the VTT Pack:
  • Bestiary PDF + Nordlond PDFs (now + VTT Tokens) ($100) - The PDF of the Bestiary and ALL the Nordlond PDFs, now includes the VTT Pack.
  • Bestiary (Print+PDF) and All Nordlond PDF (now + VTT Tokens) ($125) - The print Bestiary, the PDF of the bestiary, and all of the PDFs from the Nordlond setting.
  • I Want it All! includes the Cards, VTT Pack, and QR PDF for $400. You pays me $400 for "it all," and you gets it all.

If you don't see the precise stuff you want on the above, you may need to pick a close-enough level and then add funds to cover the a la carte items as add-ons. The VTT Pack is a $15 add-on. Other books and content are also available. Scroll down to see them listed (farther down. No, even farther. Almost there. Good.)

Note that some of the PDF collections are pretty deeply discounted. Before you spend (hypothetically) $123 on pick-and-choose PDFs one-by-one, make sure that you're not bypassing the cheaper "Bestiary PDF + all Nordlond PDFs" for $100.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:50 PM   #5
seycyrus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Refplace View Post
Yeah, still not sure about the need or label of "Official Support" but this is great news for Foundry and even other VTT users....
How is this good news for other VTT users?
seycyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 09:20 PM   #6
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by seycyrus View Post
Tokens available for any VTT, and recognition of the value of VTTs is good for all VTTs.
Old 12-04-2021, 04:53 AM   #7
Blind Mapmaker

Quote:
Douglas Cole is very open for suggestions. I told him how the colour-coded sides are not ideal for the way we use MapTools in our group and he is thinking about adding an ornate border version. If you have any specifics you need, talk to him.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:52 AM   #8
DouglasCole

Quote:
This represents the first time SJGames has endorsed this sort of experiment other than on a "if you type it in yourself, we won't shut it down" basis. If this experiment is successful and a lot of folks who use Foundry VTT jump on board, it is possible they take a harder look at the benefits of VTTs in general. They've been skeptical (and having heard some of their stories, have some reason to be) in the past.
Old 12-05-2021, 08:09 PM   #9
LokRobster

I actually bought FoundryVTT last week specifically because of this offering. Been seriously considering it for a while (ok a year), and really liked what other games have setup for Foundry; so when I saw this I had to pull the trigger.

I’m very hopeful that this will spur more virtual support of GURPS and the excellent Unofficial GURPS Aid pack.

Folks should “vote with their dollars” if they’re wanting to see more like this in the future! (Both the hardcover Nordlond Bestiary for physical GURPS books offerings and the VTT pack to show interest in digital Foundry products).
Old 12-05-2021, 08:20 PM   #10
Farmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LokRobster View Post
Folks should “vote with their dollars” if they’re wanting to see more like this in the future! (Both the hardcover Nordlond Bestiary for physical GURPS books offerings and the VTT pack to show interest in digital Foundry products).
Yup, exactly. And with large TVs and projectors, tablets and notebooks, people are using VTTs for face to face gaming sessions, too.

And the price of entry generally and specifically for this content? Small, particularly compared to the benefits. It's great value and reflects a lot of dedication from many people putting in to it, all of whom have been extremely approachable to ask for help or feedback or to get new features or bug fixes and so on.