Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-04-2019, 12:57 AM   #1
hal

Default ULTRATECH errata?

Hello Folks,
I spent some time searching the web for any links to errata in GURPS ULTRATECH that pertained to what I was looking for, and was unable to find anything specific.

Page 115 of GURPS ULTRATECH for 4e lists stats for a Heavy Laser Pistol, and a less Heavy Pistol. The difference between them is largely a matter of dice of damage (the Heavy Pistol does +1 die of damage) and of Half-damage range (the heavy pistol has 300 yds half damage range while the lesser pistol only has 200 yds). That being said, using the rules design for Creating Blasters and Beam weapons in Pyramid 3_37 would seem to indicate that the number of shots for the regular Laser Pistol should be double what is listed on the book.

GURPS ULTRATECH lists the value as being 33 shots, while "Blaster and Laser Design" suggests that it should be doing 66 shots on a single C-Cell.

In addition to that - when I followed the formula for Empty Weapon weight, I kept consistently getting a lower weight for the pistols than what the books suggest the weight should be. One thing I found that worked, was to change this bit of rules to something different:

"F for the focal-array value: 0.25 for tiny, 0.5 for very small, 0.8 for small, 1 for medium, 1.25 for large, 1.6 for very large, or 2 for extremely large."

When I changed the value for very small from .5 to .75 - the weights for the laser pistols fell into line. I've not yet checked it against rifles or anything else - that will come with time...
hal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
errata, ultra-tech, ultra-tech laser, ultratech