Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-16-2021, 09:06 AM   #161
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Code:
Dodge 2 Bullets - Roll 6 + 4 + 4 =14, Failure both bullets hit
Dodge 3 Bullets - Roll 4 + 2 + 1 = 7, Success by 3 - All bullets dodged.
Vassarious flees the scene. They had hoped to get back before they were noticed to be missing, but no such luck.

Vassarious locates an out-of-the-way spot, perhaps a storage area, where he might operate without detection or surveillance, and he once again takes the form of Maximus and explores the mental connection. They try and communicate with Maixumus himself... "You are needed. Your priests may have diverted the faith, and your system may have been compromised by them to keep you asleep and maintain control. "

((Is the senate located on this same world? ))
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:37 AM   #162
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Vassarious finds a location in the temple seemingly devoted to storing food, and transforms.

Rolling Occult!... success by 8 before modifiers...

Vassarious finds the "Main channel", the one that seems to lead to the emperor, and sends his message. He gets a response, echoing as a voice in his head:

"I know what I am doing, interloper. Go to sleep."

The command carries metaphysical weight with it, Vassarious feels tired, and like lying down...

Make a will roll. Take additional actions you feel might help.

The senate is on the capital world of Arthus, yes. In this same city, even.

(As a GM aside, could you report back your findings to your partner... I'm trying to synchronize you two)

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 01:49 PM   #163
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious slaps themselves in the face to try and stay awake while beginning to shift back into the elemental form, hoping the command will not affect them without the link.

((Will Roll = 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 , success with a margin of 7 for Will or by 9 for Mental Strength))

(OOC: I was wondering how we were going to work that... isn't my partner days ahead of me at this point? Maybe I need to fall asleep...)

If they are able to stay awake, V will take the angelic form again to pull out the communicator and reach out to Halcyone...
Old 09-17-2021, 06:18 PM   #164
TGLS

So do we have an arranged time to contact each other or does the pen vibrate when I get a call? Or do we have a secretary/go-between?

I'll make an IQ roll to retroactively establish that I fiddle with my pen a lot.
Quote:
[88] 21-09-18 01:16:10 BST
IQ
3d6 <= 16
5 + 6 + 4 = 15 ... success
Then I'll use acting to act naturally when I make my call/receive a call so I won't be detected.
Quote:
[89] 21-09-18 01:18:00 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 3 = 9 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 07:31 AM   #165
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious slaps themselves in the face to try and stay awake while beginning to shift back into the elemental form, hoping the command will not affect them without the link.

((Will Roll = 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 , success with a margin of 7 for Will or by 9 for Mental Strength))
Mental Strength IS appropriate: Vassarious shakes off the command for long enough to change form, and the command fades from V's mind.

Quote:
(OOC: I was wondering how we were going to work that... isn't my partner days ahead of me at this point? Maybe I need to fall asleep...)
This time we can say that Halcyone was a few days ahead of Vassarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So do we have an arranged time to contact each other or does the pen vibrate when I get a call? Or do we have a secretary/go-between?
Its a vibration.

Quote:
I'll make an IQ roll to retroactively establish that I fiddle with my pen a lot.

Then I'll use acting to act naturally when I make my call/receive a call so I won't be detected
cool.

The call comes in when Halycone is trying to stay awake after the bombing.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2021, 08:56 AM   #166
TGLS

Here's what I have to say:
"How's everything going on your end? They appear to trust me on my end. All the way to across dimensions and I'm back to bodyguarding; figures."
"I met a fellow who claimed to have received a dream from the emperor. I'm inclined to believe him given he knows how I look when not disguised. He mentioned a place called "The Caverns of Calthyone". Maybe it could give you something to look into on your end? I think I'll be able to visit it myself soon."
Old 09-20-2021, 09:27 AM   #167
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious send the message:

"I arrived several hours ago and was met with cordial functionaries, a highly protective priesthood, and an overwhelming force of guards. The priests became subtly hostile while my investigation proceeded. I have the impression they have disrupted the magics here to affect the workings of the enchantment. I was able to establish brief communication with Maximus, who insisted he knew what he was doing, and attempted to disable me, so I am unsure if our assistance is wanted or needed. Unfortunately, when I disturbed Maximus, the guards immediately checked the room they had provided me before I could return, and with the growing hostility I sensed, I believe revealing myself to them again would only invite an attack. As it seems the priesthood is behind this, my intention now is to travel to the senate to impart my impressions. In our research, we had uncovered that there was a faction of the priesthood that had been deposed after voicing the opinion that the priesthood had departed from Maximus' directives. I believe we should try and locate the remaining priests from that faction, who are among the rebels."
Old 09-21-2021, 11:37 AM   #168
TGLS

Quote:
Vassarious send the message:

"I arrived several hours ago and was met with cordial functionaries, a highly protective priesthood, and an overwhelming force of guards. The priests became subtly hostile while my investigation proceeded. I have the impression they have disrupted the magics here to affect the workings of the enchantment.
"I suppose it's impractical to try and fix it with the priests in control right now. "
Quote:
I was able to establish brief communication with Maximus, who insisted he knew what he was doing, and attempted to disable me, so I am unsure if our assistance is wanted or needed.
"Any chance he said he's waiting for the plebs to kill enough Patricia s?"
Quote:
Unfortunately, when I disturbed Maximus, the guards immediately checked the room they had provided me before I could return, and with the growing hostility I sensed, I believe revealing myself to them again would only invite an attack.
"Bad luck. It could have been helpful to have a good reason to tour about."
Quote:
As it seems the priesthood is behind this, my intention now is to travel to the senate to impart my impressions.
"Any idea on how you're going to get them to give you an audience? "
Quote:
In our research, we had uncovered that there was a faction of the priesthood that had been deposed after voicing the opinion that the priesthood had departed from Maximus' directives. I believe we should try and locate the remaining priests from that faction, who are among the rebels."
"I shall make inquiries"
Old 09-23-2021, 07:01 PM   #169
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"I suppose it's impractical to try and fix it with the priests in control right now. "

"Any chance he said he's waiting for the plebs to kill enough Patricia s?"

"Bad luck. It could have been helpful to have a good reason to tour about."

"Any idea on how you're going to get them to give you an audience? "

"I shall make inquiries"
"It may very well be that he wishes them to work it out for themselves. They insisted upon a legion to follow me around to any sensitive areas. I'm sure the Senate will hear me when I present myself. Who are you involved with? Did the man tell you any more detail about his dream?"
Old 09-24-2021, 07:59 AM   #170
TGLS

Quote:
"Who are you involved with? Did the man tell you any more detail about his dream?"
"I'm guarding a General Rubrum."
"Octavian (a man I chanced up in the hospital) mentioned:
1) He's been betrayed by those who keep his body
2) He isn't in control of his actions
3) He's small part of the emperor preserved in case of such a betrayal.
4) The knowledge to fix him is in the 'Caverns of Calthyone'
"