Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-25-2021, 11:53 PM   #41
Philomath

Default Re: GURPS Realm Management

After not having logged in here for over four years I come back from the dead to say Damn Good Job! You really hit it out of the park with this one. Congratulations to you and the whole team which made this happen!

I can't decide if Boardroom and Curia is the perfect compliment to Realm Management or if Realm Management is the perfect compliment to Boardroom and Curia.
Unrelatedly, I am now recruiting new players.
Philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:04 AM   #42
Kage2020

Yeah, I threw my money at the screen as soon as I saw it was released.

I've spent the last few years exploring other generic systems in the hopes of achieving a given result. Recently, however, I found myself going "Well, there's GURPS supplement that would allow me to do this..."

Now there's another GURPS supplement that allows me to do that.

Right, now I need to make an underground ersatz settlement with mystical protections and see how it works out. :D
Kage2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:14 AM   #43
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philomath View Post
After not having logged in here for over four years I come back from the dead to say Damn Good Job! You really hit it out of the park with this one. Congratulations to you and the whole team which made this happen!
Thank you so much. This means a lot to me. This book was like a stone around my neck for a long time (I started it in June 2018) and the hardest thing I've written to date. Y'all's reception of it just makes me positively giddy. :-)

Quote:
I can't decide if Boardroom and Curia is the perfect compliment to Realm Management or if Realm Management is the perfect compliment to Boardroom and Curia.
Matt's work influenced me greatly. I knew from the beginning that I wanted to make sure the existing framework for Boardrooms and Curia could work for the Wheel. It needs a little bit of work for full compatibly, but I've left all the pieces there for GMs. Just needs a little assembly. If this does well I have several smaller books I want to pitch using the framework and expanding it a bit. But that's a job for the future after we see how well it does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage2020 View Post
Yeah, I threw my money at the screen as soon as I saw it was released.
:-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!

Last edited by Christopher R. Rice; 03-26-2021 at 12:28 AM.
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 12:30 AM   #44
Ewan

Read part of it last night and I like what I’m reading.
It is a meaty supplement but think once I get into it and generate a couple of realms it should be straight forward.
Thanks Christopher for writing it.
Ewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 01:10 AM   #45
Christopher R. Rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
Read part of it last night and I like what I’m reading.
It is a meaty supplement but think once I get into it and generate a couple of realms it should be straight forward.
It's dense, I'll give you that. I hope not too crunchy. I tried to make it so it's accessible at the table since it's a roleplaying tool even though it brings its own mechanics to the table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewan View Post
Thanks Christopher for writing it.
Thank you for supporting me as a writer and coming here to tell others about it. :-)

Latest GURPS Book: Dungeon Fantasy Denizens: Thieves
Latest TFT Book: The Sunken Library

Become a Patron!
Christopher R. Rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 03:14 AM   #46
Michele

Just scrolled through my comp copy. I can't wait to create a few examples. What I can say now is that the finished product delivers more than what the playtest already seemed to promise.
Well done, thank you.
Old 03-26-2021, 03:45 AM   #47
Jürgen Hubert

Quote:
I likewise came in after a long absence to voice my approval. I only wish I'd had it some six years ago - I ran a rather lengthy GURPS campaign that heavily focused on realm management. But, alas, GURPS Realm Management didn't exist back then, so we had to use the Pathfinder Kingdom Building Rules instead. Which... weren't a great fit.

I'll be looking forward to reports how this system works in practice with great interest.
Old 03-26-2021, 04:09 AM   #48
Philomath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jürgen Hubert View Post
I likewise came in after a long absence to voice my approval. I only wish I'd had it some six years ago
I could have used it just six months ago, and six months before that, and . . . I tend to play games where this sort of thing is a staple. I've never been quite happy with anything I've cobbled together or translated from other systems but this ticks like 90% of my boxes. I'm doing a second closer read and actually using the rules so I'm betting that goes up a few points.
Unrelatedly, I am now recruiting new players.
Philomath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 07:57 AM   #49
Pbuckley

Well crap I have been working on something like this for a bit over half a year now...

Could I use this to approximate a game of Birthright but for GURPS?

Last edited by Pbuckley; 03-26-2021 at 08:06 AM.
Pbuckley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2021, 02:27 PM   #50
Refplace

Quote:
I've never been quite happy with anything I've cobbled together or translated from other systems but this ticks like 90% of my boxes. I'm doing a second closer read and actually using the rules so I'm betting that goes up a few points.
I'm sure the author would love to know what boxes it doesn't tick for helpful ideas for a possible future supplement.
My List of GURPS You Tube videos (plus a few other useful items)
My GURPS Wiki entries
Refplace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
realm management