Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-16-2012, 04:56 AM   #1
kosbour

Default Helper in a combat

What happens if I'm the helper in a combat with a monster that fights me normally and then another one, that would normally ignore me, is added to the same combat?
kosbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 06:13 AM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Helper in a combat

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosbour View Post
What happens if I'm the helper in a combat with a monster that fights me normally and then another one, that would normally ignore me, is added to the same combat?
I believe the Helper does not count when checking if a monster ignores you. Only the main combatant does. So if the monster ignores the main combatant, then he has the choice to bring it into the fight or not.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:15 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

I've gone over the rules several different times, and it seems to me that this is definitely the situation where the helper doesn't get to decide who he is going to fight. All those determinations are made by the player whose turn it is.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 09:05 AM   #4
kosbour

The main player (lvl 2) explores a new room and comes up with a monster that does not ignore him and fights it normally. He calls for a helper (lvl 5) from an adjacent room to help him fight the monster together. Then a third player plays a Wandering Monster! card to add an extra monster to the combat. He draws the Plutonium Dragon which would normally ignore the main player but not the helper.

What happens now that the combat is ongoing? Will they both fight it normally or it will ignore them?

And what would have been the verdict for the same case scenario if the levels of the players were reversed (lvl 5 for the main player and lvl 2 for the helper)?
kosbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 02:45 PM   #5
Clipper

As both MunchkinMan and I agreed, settling the minor doubt I had about this issue, the monster does not care about the helper. If the turn player decides to ignore the Plutonium Dragon, then it won't fight either munchkin. You can think of it as every monster ignores everyone when it is not their turn.

In the alternate scenario, the two munchkins would be forced to fight the Plutonium Dragon in addition to the original monster. The monsters only use the turn munchkin when deciding who they will attack or ignore.