Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-25-2021, 11:34 AM   #11
Alden Loveshade

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Entity View Post
This is now on my "instant-buy" list.
I saw the book's title listed on SJGames "books we want to see" list, and I very much wanted it. I just didn't know I'd have the honor of being the one to write it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by corwyn View Post
How much value will there be for those of us, like me, who have already converted FF to 4e?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
The benefits appear to include largely expanded fluff for elven races....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crystalline_Entity View Post
Am I right in interpreting this as saying the book is at least partly a design-an-Elf toolkit (for those who want mythological Elves, or Tolkienesque Elves, etc) as well as covering the varieties previously statted up in GURPS (e.g. those from DF3)?
It compiles elven templates, adds some never-before-seen ones, and gives suggestions for creating more. It also collects other things "elven," includes new ones, and has suggestions for how to create your own.

Because one book can't of course hold everything, it also gives a number of sources for going beyond the book, both inside and outside of GURPS. That was one thing I got a great deal of help on from SJGames staff, other GURPS writers, and playtesters. I spent a lot of time searching and researching, and they still came up with things I missed! So more got added.

Honestly, I've been writing professionally for many years. I've never gotten as much help from as many people as I got on this book.
Alden Loveshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2021, 01:33 PM   #12
Crystalline_Entity

Default Re: GURPS Fantasy Folk: Elves interview

That sounds like everything I could hope for. I've been fascinated by Elves in fantasy ever since I read The Hobbit at primary school, so I'm looking forward to this!
Crystalline_Entity is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
elf, elves, fantasy folk