Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2021, 09:56 PM   #31
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith would like to try conjuring up his ally elementals as the party gathers in the morning. Hopefully he'll get at least one assistant for hauling around gear. Slash an assistant in the fight.
Telrith successfully summons two of his allies without a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
With the shopping done, we will meet at Starhold Keep's gate tomorrow at 0400 (the gates leading to The Caves). Gathika and Vic, you bring the stuff to the gate and there we decide who's pushing the cart. Terlith's got a lot on his shoulders already...
The purchases go through, and the party meets up later without incident.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 12:40 AM   #32
PumpkinLorica
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika wonders how much did we save with day 1 shopping, did I need my Luck?
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:48 AM   #33
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
Telrith successfully summons two of his allies without a problem.

Telrith conjurs up an earth servant and a talking stone. He names the earth servant Mulch, and jokes about him being "Mulch the Mule". Mulch has Lifting ST 14, so if we want to give him the wheel barrow, that is probably an option. The talking rock he names Tigerstone, after the streaks in it. He'll hand his shield to Tigerstone to carry for most of the journey.


He introduces his teammates and elementals:

"This is Gathika: you can call her Kitty if you want... they can, can't they? they aren't very bright. She takes care of us fighters. Be very polite to her."



"This is Vic. He has the title "Digger". No, I'm not sure why. I suppose you would find that important. Vic, Why do they call you the digger?"


"This is Gottfried. You can call him shield."


"This is Bain. You can call him spear. He's long and thin like one, and has a black and silver tip on the end. Does he use a spear? umm... Bain, what's your favorite weapon?"
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:24 PM   #34
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) "This is Bain. You can call him spear. He's long and thin like one, and has a black and silver tip on the end. Does he use a spear? umm... Bain, what's your favorite weapon?"
Cool, nice to meet you buddy. Bain greets the golems.

Telrith, Gottfried has the spear, so I guess that would be confusing.

My friends actually call me "White Crow"; but you could let him call me "White" or "Crow" (if it's a single word what you need). And my weapon is the bow.


You can notice a bow in Bain's hand.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 05:41 PM   #35
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
Gathika wonders how much did we save with day 1 shopping, did I need my Luck?
(OOC: You did not roll anything, you paid list price.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:52 PM   #36
PumpkinLorica
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(OOC: You did not roll anything, you paid list price.)
OOC: Could you please check it? I asked here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
... Please help my merchant roll for a discount...
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:53 PM   #37
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Golems are interesting creatures, Telrith; How they feed? Do they fight?

After listening to Telrith, Bain thanks both him and the golems for their help, and compliments them.

You do give life to art.

And then, Bain takes a look at the map and asks the party to check their encumbrance level. He proposes placing part of their equipment in the wheelbarrow (I will call it "cart" from now on), with the idea of unburdening the party.

OOC:

Right now, the cart is carrying:
  • Itself. It holds 350 lbs. Divide effective weight of load by 5: 18 lbs.
  • Bain's 20 Arrows: 2 lbs.
  • Our Group basics: 20 lbs.
  • Our 210 Rations: 105 lbs.
  • A Tent for 4 people W/poles: 18 lbs.
  • Our 3 torches: 3 lbs.
Total load: 166 lbs.
Final load: 166/5= 33.2 lbs.

So, we could add another 29 lbs. of load, and the golem won't be encumbered (with ST 14).
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。

Last edited by Hide; 03-23-2021 at 10:07 AM.
Hide is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:21 PM   #38
vicious Violence
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Telrith conjurs up an earth servant and a talking stone. He names the earth servant Mulch, and jokes about him being "Mulch the Mule". Mulch has Lifting ST 14, so if we want to give him the wheel barrow, that is probably an option. The talking rock he names Tigerstone, after the streaks in it. He'll hand his shield to Tigerstone to carry for most of the journey.


He introduces his teammates and elementals:

"This is Gathika: you can call her Kitty if you want... they can, can't they? they aren't very bright. She takes care of us fighters. Be very polite to her."



"This is Vic. He has the title "Digger". No, I'm not sure why. I suppose you would find that important. Vic, Why do they call you the digger?"


"This is Gottfried. You can call him shield."


"This is Bain. You can call him spear. He's long and thin like one, and has a black and silver tip on the end. Does he use a spear? umm... Bain, what's your favorite weapon?"
They call me "digger" cause thatś what I do, I dig graves and kill monsters
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:30 PM   #39
vicious Violence
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
They call me "digger" cause thatś what I do, I dig graves and kill monsters
I would like to roll a perception, to see if maybe we are being followed or tailed
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 08:37 PM   #40
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PumpkinLorica View Post
OOC: Could you please check it? I asked here:
Okay, my mistake.
You rolled 16, the merchant rolled 11.
Using Luck, you reroll 5 and 12.
Sooo...10% off. You can't use Luck again until tomorrow.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, sharpshooter

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:58 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.