Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-07-2011, 07:48 AM   #1
MiB Agent 0102

Default Looking for fantasy/medieval weapon & equipment lists

Anyone have or know where (on line) I can find a good complete compiling of GURPS weapons and equipment lists?
Or other equipment lists that would be compatible for a standard high fantasy campaign.

I find the lists in the books lacking depth

-E-

Ethan T. Platt
MiB Agent 0102
New England Regional Director
http://www.sjgames.com/mib/

ShadowAgent@GMail.com
MiB Agent 0102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 07:54 AM   #2
vierasmarius

Default Re: Looking for fantasy/medieval weapon & equipment lists

Do you have GURPS Low Tech? It is the go-to list for GURPS, combining everything from the Basic Set and Martial Arts with a few additions and important revisions. If there's a specific exotic weapon that doesn't appear on the list, you can often build it using the rules in Low Tech Companion 2, or come to the forum for help. I don't think there is any good online resource for GURPS weapons, and if so it would likely not be a) RAW or b) legal.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:00 AM   #3
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by vierasmarius View Post
Do you have GURPS Low Tech?
This. Excluding the index and the first chapter-and-a-half of background, Low Tech is 125 pages of equipment list, and that doesn't include material in the Low Tech Companions (LTC2 is the go-to here) or fantastic stuff in Fantasy-Tech or Dungeon Fantasy 8: Treasure Tables.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:02 AM   #4
MiB Agent 0102

Is there a place where all of the various GURPS equipment lists have been compiled on line?

Ethan T. Platt
MiB Agent 0102

ShadowAgent@GMail.com
Old 04-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #5
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiB Agent 0102 View Post
Is there a place where all of the various GURPS equipment lists have been compiled on line?
Not that I know of, and if I did, I'd probably be reporting that to SJ Games. Like viersmarius pointed out, that'd be a clear copyright violation.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #6
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Anyone have or know where (on line) I can find a good complete compiling of GURPS weapons and equipment lists?
Or other equipment lists that would be compatible for a standard high fantasy campaign.

I find the lists in the books lacking depth

-E-
A "standard" High Fantasy game would be paring down the Low Tech lists. There's all sorts of stuff in there that you wouldn't find in a "standard" game (whatever that is).

What is it that you want that you don't think is in LT? If it's some sort of weapon it's almost certainly identical to an existing Gurps weapon for Gurps purposes.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:25 AM   #7
MiB Agent 0102

My players tend to be a bit 'creative' ... and often go looking for professional skill tools, clothings, survival equipment, ... art supplies (yes... art supplies), ...

I just was looking for a massive listing of equipment/tools/weapons that would have consistant stats (costs/weights).... there are plenty of lists on line from real lists (with real costs) to D&D lists, Palladium lists... but they all use different scales for costs, weights, bulk....

Ethan T. Platt
MiB Agent 0102

ShadowAgent@GMail.com
Old 04-07-2011, 08:26 AM   #8
Danukian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
and that doesn't include material in the Low Tech Companions (LTC2 is the go-to here) or fantastic stuff in Fantasy-Tech or Dungeon Fantasy 8: Treasure Tables.
I think that was the OPs point, but as stated, it violates copyright.
Old 04-07-2011, 08:43 AM   #9
MiB Agent 0102

Even fan created lists would be usefull

Ethan T. Platt
MiB Agent 0102

ShadowAgent@GMail.com
Old 04-07-2011, 08:51 AM   #10
Fred Brackin

Quote:
My players tend to be a bit 'creative' ... and often go looking for professional skill tools, clothings, survival equipment, ... art supplies (yes... art supplies), ...

I just was looking for a massive listing of equipment/tools/weapons that would have consistant stats (costs/weights).... there are plenty of lists on line from real lists (with real costs) to D&D lists, Palladium lists... but they all use different scales for costs, weights, bulk....
<shrug> Those lists just make crap up. The inability to produce historicallly accurate lsits of greater "depth" than we have is the reasons those lists don't exist in Gurps.

Even when you can find historical price lists, half the time you can't be quite sure what the item listed actually _is_. Even whn you can get a decent ahndle on the item you can't find other examples to verify that thsi was indeed an "average" much less "generic" and "universal" price for that item.

As to your examples, tools have highly varying prices, mostly based on weight and dificulty of construction.

Clothing (professional or otherwise) usually costs the same as other clothing of the same weight and quality unless decorated.

I would have thought low tech survival equipment was adequately covered. You've got knives, axes, rope and so forth mostly contained within the Personal and Group basics from Basic. Basic even pretends that you can "buy" poles at TL0 instead of having to cut your own off trees.

In this period, art supplies were not purchased. They were made by the artist from scratch. It was probably mid TL5 before you could go to a store and buy them.

Tags
equipment, fanatsy, fantasy, lists, low-tech, medieval, weapons