Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-03-2010, 10:52 PM   #51
hal

Default Re: TL3 shields work as cover vs modern rifles?

Two things I'm really looking forward to if/when they come out (three, but I've given up on ever seeing GURPS VEHICLE DESIGNER before I die)

GURPS LOW TECH - for rules regarding more realistic armor and shields.

GURPS GUN DESIGN (or what ever it will be called when Hans gets it out).

I'm almost tempted to pick up GURPS TACTICAL SHOOTING, but my group is more geared towards fantasy than it is towards moderns. One day, I may decide to run a GURPS VIETNAM style campaign - but, that's iffy.

What might really be fun is to try an AFTERMATH style campaign, or even a MORROW PROJECT style campaign - in which case, it would matter to know whether or not a standard shield can stand up to a rifle bullet ;)

As it is? I have been sooo tempted to break out my cartidges of the world book (I forget which edition it is, as it has consistently been upgraded!) and start listing in a database, all of the muzzle energy listings for each round, along with its weight and diameter, etc - and then chart the GURPS values against those - just to see if my chart driven book of cartridges would match up with the GURPS publications. Problem is always "Where is the time to do this" as well as the determination to see it through :(

https://www.worldanvil.com/w/scourge-of-shards-schpdx

Go to bottom of page to see lectures 1-11
hal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 03:49 AM   #52
The Resistance
Banned

Default Re: TL3 shields work as cover vs modern rifles?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelander View Post
As for the High-Tech shields, those look realistic enough. Can stop rifle bullets, but are usually penetrated by anything higher or if the enemy is using AP rounds.
That's good to read.
The Resistance is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
low-tech, shields