Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2022, 07:18 PM   #2601
L.J.Steele
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
That would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sorry, got swamped. I'll rummage around the hard drive this weekend.
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:46 PM   #2602
David Johnston2
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-toxic-gases

Predictions of dark forces being unleashed by an evil vixen hung over social media in Japan on Monday after a famous volcanic rock said to kill anyone who comes into contact with it was found split in two.

According to the mythology surrounding the Sessho-seki, or killing stone, the object contains the transformed corpse of Tamamo-no-Mae, a beautiful woman who had been part of a secret plot hatched by a feudal warlord to kill Emperor Toba, who reigned from 1107-1123.
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2022, 11:54 PM   #2603
David Johnston2
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Vampire Jailbreak? Ritual Components? Smuggling operation gone bad?
Personally I'd go with Dullahan
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 08:54 AM   #2604
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Vampire Jailbreak? Ritual Components? Smuggling operation gone bad?
Nothing so complicated. The police just want their heads back.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 10:08 AM   #2605
L.J.Steele
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Not news, per se, but interesting

https://crimereads.com/what-if-the-f...ime-thrillers/
L.J.Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 06:25 AM   #2606
Varyon
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nd-toxic-gases

Predictions of dark forces being unleashed by an evil vixen hung over social media in Japan on Monday after a famous volcanic rock said to kill anyone who comes into contact with it was found split in two.

According to the mythology surrounding the Sessho-seki, or killing stone, the object contains the transformed corpse of Tamamo-no-Mae, a beautiful woman who had been part of a secret plot hatched by a feudal warlord to kill Emperor Toba, who reigned from 1107-1123.
Dammit, Tenshi, I thought we already had this conversation. Stop breaking these things!
__________________
GURPS Overhaul
Varyon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2022, 02:09 PM   #2607
David Johnston2
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world...?ocid=msedgntp

Look just because I have Unkillable 2 doesn't mean it's OK for you guys to keep murdering me!
David Johnston2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 08:03 AM   #2608
Anaraxes
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Johnston2 View Post
Look just because I have Unkillable 2 doesn't mean it's OK for you guys to keep murdering me!
Corpus delicti. Maybe she should just try to get them for assault instead.
Anaraxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 05:09 AM   #2609
Anders
 
Anders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Lake of the dead.

Small lake in the middle of nowhere, India, is full of skeletons. How did they get there? We don't know. There are several theories, but none that explains them all.

Unless the lake calls people and eats them alive...
__________________
“When you arise in the morning think of what a privilege it is to be alive, to think, to enjoy, to love ...” Marcus Aurelius
Anders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 07:44 AM   #2610
Irish Wolf
 
Irish Wolf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Earth, mostly
Default Re: Real-Life Weirdness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders View Post
Lake of the dead.

Small lake in the middle of nowhere, India, is full of skeletons. How did they get there? We don't know. There are several theories, but none that explains them all.

Unless the lake calls people and eats them alive...
You do not recognize the bodies in the water.
__________________
If you break the laws of Man, you go to prison.

If you break the laws of God, you go to Hell.

If you break the laws of Physics, you go to Sweden and receive a Nobel Prize.
Irish Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blueberry muffin, fermi paradox

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.