Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-03-2011, 10:14 AM   #21
JCurwen3

Default Re: Healing the Inanimate, Machines, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
It looks worth trying out. I had the vague notion that the Inanimate analogue to Xenohealing would be stuff not made of ordinary matter, and that complexity would just be a general negative mod, but your idea looks like it might be more playable.
Stuff not made of ordinary matter could call for another set of Xenohealing levels too, although to me it sounds like adding a Cosmic: Affects exotic matter (+50%) that extends it to work on any nonstandard matter (as long those exotic matter objects fit what the Healing is capable of based on it's other modifiers). The complexity as a negative mod has some merit, but then if you realize that the complexity of really anything we'll ever create with our technology, even at the very high TLs, won't ever compare to the actual complexity of the living brain (largely because it was "designed" by blind evolutionary statistical processes), it feels like it would weaken the Healing of inanimate objects too much.
Old 04-03-2011, 01:45 PM   #22
JCurwen3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
Could you put it in Google Docs? I think it would be a very useful resource to have, personally.
Sure! Let me just clean it up a little bit for "distribution", and I'll put it up. By "clean up", there are a few things like house-ruled enhancements and limitations that I included, stuff like that.
Old 04-03-2011, 06:24 PM   #23
Not another shrubbery

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCurwen3
The complexity as a negative mod has some merit, but then if you realize that the complexity of really anything we'll ever create with our technology, even at the very high TLs, won't ever compare to the actual complexity of the living brain (largely because it was "designed" by blind evolutionary statistical processes), it feels like it would weaken the Healing of inanimate objects too much.
As I implied, I'm not solid with the idea, but I was thinking that the complexity of the object made a nice connection with the Cure Disease aspect of Healing and how more serious diseases are harder to Cure. The numbers should be tweakable to get a good range for gaming with.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animate, enhancement, healing, inanimate, machine metatrait, xenohealing