Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 09-30-2015, 02:33 AM   #1
Rubix1919

Default How do I calculate the Level of the Opposable Thumb Drive?

I know the rules for the Opposable Thumb Drive state "Its level is equal to the last two digits of the year." Does this mean the drive would be, for this year, level 15 or level 6 (adding 1 and 5 together)? Additionally, if it is level 15, shouldn't it be worth more than 1 level and 1 treasure? Or, if it is the last two digits added together, what about much later years (looking at a distant example of 2099 where the level would be 18 (thinking about grand kids and great grand kids here)).

Thank you!

Last edited by MunchkinMan; 09-30-2015 at 12:50 PM. Reason: Moved, removed references to inappropriately bumping an old thread.
Rubix1919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 12:52 PM   #2
MunchkinMan

Default Re: How do I calculate the Level of the Opposable Thumb Drive?

Since it doesn't say that the Level is equal to the sum of the last two digits of the year, it means that in the year 2015 (as this post is today), the Level would be 15. The Level doesn't change the rewards, but then it doesn't also change the Bad Stuff. Stuff like that just happens sometimes.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote