Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 11-20-2012, 06:48 AM   #21
Moldon

Default Re: Limit on steeds and ships

to be clear. my only question was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moldon View Post
Can I turn sideways a Ship (or a Steed) if it is single Ship in play?
e.g. its only for Navy, but I'm not Navy.
and after that I was just trying to get an official answer (not from Heegu, Enzzo or MIB).
Old 11-20-2012, 07:07 AM   #22
MunchkinMan

Quote:
to be clear. my only question was

and after that I was just trying to get an official answer (not from Heegu, Enzzo or MIB).
No, there was this below, to which Andrew quoted in his response. This is a questions about Ship Enhancers, where you imply that a supposed misstatement in the rules and ask if there was a misstatement elsewhere that would apply to Ship Enhancers. Andrew is saying that Ship Enhancers must be played on a Ship, and can not be played to the table as a carried Item.

Quote:
One-shot item cards themselves say they must be played during combat. But in fact it meant use during combat. Maybe with ship enhancer something like this? Only SJ know :) , and I ask for official answer.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:36 AM   #23
Moldon

Are you trolling me?
Or you just don't know about rhetorical question?
Or you didn't read ALL thread?

Last edited by Moldon; 11-20-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Moldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:57 AM   #24
Bampop

Nobody is being trolled. I think the confusion stems from the fact that Moldon never actually asked about Ship Enhancers. He used that As an example of when a rule was a little vague and Andrew clarified it. However, he then said "maybe with ship enhancers something like this," when he meant "maybe with class specific ships, something like that."
MiB #3282, Palm Bay, FL
Munchkin, Zombie/Cthulhu Dice, Burn in Hell!, Revolution!, Castellan, Chez Geek, OGRE DE, Chupacabra, Nanuk
mib3282@gmail.com
Bampop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:10 PM   #25
MunchkinMan

Quote:
Are you trolling me?
Or you just don't know about rhetorical question?
Or you didn't read ALL thread?
No, I'm not trolling you, yes, I know all about rhetorical questions, yes, I read the whole thread. I would suggest you watch your tone, since, as a moderator, I am trying to explain to you what is going on, and why you got the answer you got for from another moderator. The aggression and snide remarks are also not appreciated here, regardless to whom you are talking.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 04:51 PM   #26
DyeGuy

I have a question...

MunchkinMan If playing with multiple different decks having Ships, Steeds, and other similar cards. Would you be allowed to have 1 of each in play (regardless if they're equipped or carried) or only 1 of your choice since they are similar or bc they are BIG??

Also does this apply to Hirelings, Sidekicks, Mooks, and other similar cards. Since these are considered the same. Would you be allowed to have 1 of each in play or only 1 of your choice??

And again same question for Powers, Styles, and other similar cards??

Or would this be more like a House rule judgment? Thanks

Last edited by DyeGuy; 11-21-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: added more
DyeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:04 PM   #27
Clipper

Answers to those questions are provided in the blending sections of the Munchkin 7 rules.

Ships are not Steeds, so you can have one of each. Note that any Ship's Run Away bonus replaces any Steed's Run Away bonus which replaces your own. Vehicles are treated as Steeds, though, when you blend sets with both of those types of Items. These Items all carry themselves, so they do not count against your Big limitation.

Hirelings, Mooks, Allies, Comrades, Sidekicks, etc. are the same thing as each other, though. You can only have one of any type.

Curses, Traps and Disasters are also the same type of thing and anything that works on one works on the others. Madnesses from the Munchkin Cthulhu expansions are different, although things that work on Curses and Traps (and probably Disasters) also work on Madnesses; just not the other way around.

Powers and Styles are different, as are Races and Mojos, etc.

The Rules Checklist in my signature also summarises a lot of these similar things.

Last edited by Clipper; 11-21-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote