Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 02-26-2019, 05:48 AM   #171
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Lost in Dreams (Jane Doe)

She is presented with a series of 3-D pictures of people: she can spin them around and view them from different angles, but they look photo realistic. She has to go through about two dozen before she finds him. Its certainly him, though the picture doesn't have the distinctive purple.

The computer tells her they've never crossed paths: He is on the West side of the ship, she on the north east, and he spent almost all of his time in Virtual Reality (the exact rooms are listed). He did leave his room once, just before she woke up. He took an elevator down to the low-G section, stayed in it a while, and then returned to the full-G level.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 09:31 AM   #172
Plane

*begins heading out of room* "I'd like to visit the west side of the ship if possible. The upper normal-G section for now. Do you know if he is still occupied in VR and if he is scheduled to come out? I'd like to speak with him"
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 05:41 AM   #173
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The main portion of the ship is built in a giant ring. There is some automated transportation, but the entire structure is only 1,570 meters long. Closer to an English mile than a roman or Arabic mile. Why does she care about several kinds of miles? Her mind thinks in meters. And it seems everyone else here thinks that way too.

Heera the Computer: "Virtual Reality time is not scheduled or regulated, but I can predict when he will sign off to leave for you, or I can request a virtual meeting with him for you. On the Beagle virtual visits are encouraged to reduce congestion."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 02-28-2019, 11:31 PM   #174
Plane

"I am open for a virtual meeting if it is possible to do that without an implant. Whenever he is free, per your prediction"
Old 03-01-2019, 02:21 PM   #175
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

A weird artificial chime indicates that she's sent a message to the man. The screens in the room change to display a stately marble palace. The man stands in front of her on the screen, looking a bit more orderly than in her dream. The clothing is different, but its certainly his face.

"Miss White, how can I help you? take a seat." He gestures to a plush chair in the image of the room.

Old 03-08-2019, 06:02 PM   #176
Plane

"Hello sir... I'm not sure what your name is... but do you remember recently anything about floating inside an elevator? Has that happened to you? I'm wondering if perhaps I am recovering a memory about having seen that before. Your purple suit stood out... that's how the computer helped me find you."
Old 03-11-2019, 05:35 AM   #177
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"My name is Hamomoto Matsu" He stares at a point slightly over her head for a bit. "Yes, I woke up at the zero-G end of the elevator. How did you know? You don't have the permissions to view that footage."

Old 03-11-2019, 09:15 AM   #178
Plane

"I'm not sure, perhaps it displayed to me by accident? I don't remember requesting it, or exactly when it was I saw it, only recalled it just recently when I woke."
Old 03-11-2019, 09:17 AM   #179
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"It only happened about an hour ago"

Old 03-14-2019, 09:57 AM   #180
Plane

"Oh... that is strange... Could I have seen the camera by mistake? I don't remember seeing it on a screen. I suppose if I had one of these brain computer implants, that could be a means of receiving images, but I have been assured that I do not have one by the doctors here... Do you think it is possible they might have overlooked it?"