Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-20-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
Not another shrubbery

Default Re: how to stat abilities tied to berserk disad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurps Fan
By the way, there's a murphy on psi abilities and Berserk: When you're berserk, your possible maneuvers are restricted to All-Out Attack, Move, and Move and Attack, and nothing else (p. B124). However, most psi abilities require Concentrate maneuver, except for abilities that touching, which use Attack maneuver (Psionic Powers, p. 22). Therefore, when you are berserk, you can't use most psi abilities. This is easy to resolve -- simply ignore the text on p. B124 and just allow Concentrate.
Rather than redefining Berserk, I think it might be better to just make the ability [you'll want your berserker to use] an attack, so that it is freely available as an option to him.
Not another shrubbery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:46 AM   #12
kdtipa

Default Re: how to stat abilities tied to berserk disad

One of my players did something similar to what you described in the original post, but it was meant to be based on when he got scared or when it was an emergency (yeah... there's a limitation for that too).

But the part I think I can contribute to is how to handle differing levels of power at different times.

Buy the power at the level you want for normal situations. No limitations around being berserk. Then buy additional levels with the limitations you want (sounded like accessibility). So the character has the power at a certain level, and can only access additional levels under certain circumstances.
kdtipa is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
berserk, uncontrollable