Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 04-29-2021, 05:58 AM   #41
Tom Mazanec

Default Re: Furry Hell Parallel

How would GURPS model Marx or I?
Tom Mazanec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:26 AM   #42
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mazanec View Post
How would GURPS model Marx or I?
As NPC's (and I assume by "I" you are referring to the entity that claimed itself to be God). I mean, we could probably work out some stats for some of their abilities (like Marx's Warp with Tunnel, or the entity's ability to possess victims of schism syndrome), but they're better off as just doing whatever the GM wants them to do.
Old 05-01-2021, 05:41 AM   #43
Tom Mazanec

Yes, that I. Or Eye. Or sometimes Jim.
Old 05-03-2021, 09:29 AM   #44
Varyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Mazanec View Post
Yes, that I. Or Eye. Or sometimes Jim.
OK, yeah, make that entity an NPC of some sort. Honestly, it's something that, at least currently, shouldn't have stats of its own - although you could make a metatemplate to apply to characters who have been possessed by it. Jim appeared to gain Immunity to Pain, as well as a certain degree of Resistant to Poison (or maybe other metabolic hazards), although it's possible the poison the lizards pumped into the walls simply wasn't as quick or effective as they thought. His physical feats could be explained by bursts of adrenaline - in GURPS terms, liberal use of Extra Effort - seeing as a similarly-bursted Holly was able to (at least briefly) overpower him with an improvised rope. The human topsiders in the more recent storyline that fell under its influence seem to have been similar, albeit not nearly as effective.

Seeing as most anthros seem to have some experience with someone experiencing schism syndrome and similar psychotic breaks that would allow for the entity to get in, but Wally having interacted with it seemed notable, I'd say it only tends to get involved (meaning it may only be able to get involved) when major Cardoodle characters are nearby. Of course, this could also just be setting evolution - the entity probably wasn't planned when schism syndrome was previously discussed.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:05 PM   #45
Tom Mazanec

Here is the most current version of the game rules I could find:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9z...ZqaTN1bXc/view