Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 12-11-2023, 12:27 AM   #1
ckosacranoid

Default Cars wars history......with the new novels.

Ok, I am a few chapters into the 2nd book of the dead man's run right now and after reading this book so Card and the first book I am very confused by some of the stuff going on.

There was talk of a war that wreaked some stuff near like Chicago and other places. The time lines seem off also when talking about events. The mail character in the 2nd book talks about some places before things went to he'll when he was going after the car in the shipping crate.
I know the state of Lois, text, and only went screw you to the us along with the now and kinda going semi Indy.
There was talk about Chicago also and not comment about AMI religion in the south side being there. There was also long places talking about wastelands which I am unsure about.

Did Steve write a new background for 6th ed by chance and put it somewhere?
I have not looked at or picked up the new game so I know the old stuff the old days when gas was very rare which now seems still common along with the battery packs being more screwed up then before inn the game since they seem to run out of power and speed very easy now. Also seems a lot of cars need gunners now it seems when before lots of cars wound very easy to run solo in the arena.

So am I missing a bunch of stuff in the new books?
ckosacranoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2023, 08:49 AM   #2
HeatDeath

Default Re: Cars wars history......with the new novels.

There is a new writer's bible that the writers have access to. It has not been publicly released, and is unlikely to be.

The timeline in the core rulebook is virtually the same as the previously published timeline, only the dates have been pushed up ~35 years. https://carwars.sjgames.com/site/ass...core_rules.pdf. The war with Japan stuff from the later CWC lore has been omitted [unless the second novel is beginning to head in that direction - I haven't read it yet].

The only new lore that has been publically released so far [besides the novels, which afaik don't change anything significant] is the brief intro paragraph on http://carwars.sjgames.com, and the tiny blurbs in the free scenario packs and the vehicle guide.

Last edited by HeatDeath; 12-11-2023 at 12:57 PM.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2023, 12:13 PM   #3
ckosacranoid

Nothing with Japan that I have seen. A few things I can pick out the same, but just still confused on what is going on other wise....sigh. a time line would be very nice to see what changes they did to this version though.
Old 12-12-2023, 01:31 PM   #4
43Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatDeath View Post
The war with Japan stuff from the later CWC lore has been omitted
Please let it be deleted. It was poorly-thought-out and written (among other issues...).

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 10:18 PM   #5
ckosacranoid

The whole Japan thing was out of left field and kinda dumb.