Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Other Munchkin Games

Old 08-15-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
Hobbit Feet

Default Munchkin Dungeon issues

I received my copy a few weeks ago. It’s a beautifully designed game and I have no qualms with the quality. However, it certainly doesn’t seem like anyone played through the game extensively before putting the Kickstarter together. The rules are lacking detail and many of the actions seem to need clarification. I have played at least 3 games with 2 players and one with 4 players. Playing with 4 is much better. I love the game so far but there are issues.

The game needs more dice, perhaps 10 or 12 instead of 6. Otherwise you have to remember your rolls or write them down.

I find that it’s much too easy to rack up fame points before even fighting the first level boss, let alone fighting him 3 times.

These are two of my main issues and I hope others will pitch in with their experiences or issues with the game.
Hobbit Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2020, 07:02 AM   #2
Misplaced Buckeye

Default Re: Munchkin Dungeon issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit Feet View Post
I received my copy a few weeks ago. It’s a beautifully designed game and I have no qualms with the quality. However, it certainly doesn’t seem like anyone played through the game extensively before putting the Kickstarter together. The rules are lacking detail and many of the actions seem to need clarification. I have played at least 3 games with 2 players and one with 4 players. Playing with 4 is much better. I love the game so far but there are issues.

The game needs more dice, perhaps 10 or 12 instead of 6. Otherwise you have to remember your rolls or write them down.

I find that it’s much too easy to rack up fame points before even fighting the first level boss, let alone fighting him 3 times.

These are two of my main issues and I hope others will pitch in with their experiences or issues with the game.
I agree with the dice issue. I'm finding some issue with the treasure cards and their purpose. Especially the ones dealing with Meeples in your play area when there are no meeples in the game.

I've been tinkering with a solo play; Roll all six dice at the start of the resolve phase. Each single dagger side rolled pulls one threat card from the deck. So far it's worked out pretty well.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 12:24 PM   #3
Hobbit Feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misplaced Buckeye View Post
I agree with the dice issue. I'm finding some issue with the treasure cards and their purpose. Especially the ones dealing with Meeples in your play area when there are no meeples in the game.

I've been tinkering with a solo play; Roll all six dice at the start of the resolve phase. Each single dagger side rolled pulls one threat card from the deck. So far it's worked out pretty well.
I haven’t tried a solo play yet but my son and I will try to refine the gameplay and report our findings. Now, regarding treasures ,you can only use 1 armor and 1 weapon in your dashboard at any time. All treasure cards are labeled Weapon, Armor, or Item. Any weapon or armor can be changed out at any time provided that you are not in a fight, and will remain out of play and off to the side, and not discarded. Treasures that are items, like Meeples, will stay in play and will count during a fight and don’t need to be added to your dashboard. They can stay in your stash face up. Fame points not associated with rooms (fame points that are purchased or acquired via items like Meeples are added after someone reaches level 20)
Hobbit Feet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
Misplaced Buckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobbit Feet View Post
I haven’t tried a solo play yet but my son and I will try to refine the gameplay and report our findings. Now, regarding treasures ,you can only use 1 armor and 1 weapon in your dashboard at any time. All treasure cards are labeled Weapon, Armor, or Item. Any weapon or armor can be changed out at any time provided that you are not in a fight, and will remain out of play and off to the side, and not discarded. Treasures that are items, like Meeples, will stay in play and will count during a fight and don’t need to be added to your dashboard. They can stay in your stash face up. Fame points not associated with rooms (fame points that are purchased or acquired via items like Meeples are added after someone reaches level 20)
Ahhh. I hadn't perused the entire treasure deck, Perfectly understand now.
Misplaced Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote